Macquarie Group Limited
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Macquarie Group Limited Employee Reviews

Great place to work and a huge focus on staff, however, communication was always very formal and little done to support staff unless large measures taken by staff members to exceed KPI's. Performance reviews played down but taken very seriously when performed which was confusing.
very bad place to be in, no job security, lot of politics and no social interaction between employees, you are made to work like a dog and you get nothing in return
Pros
Cons
lots
Fun Competitive Challenging Finance driven Good yearly bonus based on previous years individual performance Weekly meetings and often incentives ...
A good overall experience in macquaire Bank, fast paced with good working life balance. Could do with some more training opportunities for new joiners.
Great culture, good company to work for. Business tends to spend a lot of time and effort to keep staff engaged which is fantastic. Also run various office events which is good.
poor management, politics and no interest in progressing people. culture of keeping managers happy and not about competence. No career progression, poor bonus and close to nothing.
Clear commercial focus and successful approach to growth has driven strong shareholder returns. Roles where collaboration among colleagues is strong and recognised by stakeholders are enjoyable and rewarding.
Pros
A global Australian company
Cons
Work in Macquarie was absolutely great life experience. I would strongly recommend to everyone who has the opportunity to get a job in there and learn how they operate.
Great plsce to work. Great team mates and culture. Loved the work life balance. Great fexibility A lot of opportunities to grow. Did not want to leave. Only left because of relocation due to family reasons
Great environment. Lovely people. Good opportunities to move around departments. Managers are supportive. Great location and competitive salary comparison.
If you can avoid the politics, which seem everywhere and align yourself with a good and honest manager, it could be a good job. It really is who you know and not what you know.
Macquarie is a great place to work out. I had a good manager and team. Hot desking was encouraged. Good open clean working spaces and amenities. Great culture, monthly drinks and great for networking also there were particular event days and or fund raising which was great for staff morale.
One of the best places I have worked at - Excellent Business Continuity management Tremendous scope for learning Flexi workplace culture Emphasis on individual ownership
Very good company to work with. Great Work culture and amazing people Lots of learning and innovation. Lot of Learning and development activities to improve skills
I would typically start my day with cases assigned to me which would include (Processing disputes and charge-backs in Visa and Processing Pre-arbs, re-presentment in MasterCard), Monitor real time queues and identify high risk transactions, Identify fraudulent transactions and cancel them from further processing. I have learnt to resolve disputes in favour of the customer and the institution through the biggest network operators VISA and MasterCard. There is great work life balance and also good flexibility of timings at work. I really like challenges and it helps me grow to the next level, i manage a difficult situation at work. I really enjoy the games that we have indoors like table tennis and chess. It helps us have a good break during the day and keeps our mind and body fresh.
Pros
Indoor Games, Free lunches, coffee, fruits, snacks, gym, free use of swimming pool
Cons
Growth
Long hours, highly competitive but overall a great place to work especially with other like minded people. The office facilities were fantastic too and so were the people.
My experience varied across different areas of the organisation. Some areas had wonderful staff, great culture and challenging and rewarding work. Other areas were more challenging with respect to the work/life balance and the culture. As a whole, a very rewarding experience being part of a successful and driven organisation which values its employees.
Culture of innovation, change and opportunity across the organisation. Never get bored as change is constant and fast-paced. The company is extremely committed to supporting mobility, flexibility and diversity and inclusion.
After working for Macquarie Bank for more than 2 years, I have realised that I lasted that long on the position due to my team. As in every job, there are good and bad days, but if the work atmosphere is good, everything can be done. However, the high level managers were rude with all the employees.
This was a flexible position in Sydney where I was responsible for helping the Project Manager for restructuring Macquarie Bank at its various locations. I was also responsible for deployment of the new devices including rostering, scheduling, organising the deployment, helping with the planning of the different pop up areas and locations.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Sometimes long overnight hours
I was privileged to work for Macquarie Group. I was paid well and worked hard. The fifteen years I spent there were very enjoyable. The Group places a great emphasis on proper human resource management and on equal opportunity employment. Their policies in both areas are to be admired. Given the overall quality of management staff employed by the Group, learning opportunities for those wishing to increase their knowledge are boundless.
Pros
Remuneration
Cons
Nil