Macquarie Group Limited Employee Reviews

Operations
Platform Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 March 2018
Macquarie Bank has a very diversified culture, with people from all over the world who bring their own unique expertise and experiences to the table. This helps an individual grow exponentially and gain an experience that has a lasting effect on the persons personality and growth.
Productive and fun work place
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 February 2018
Great place to work if you are ambitious and passionate. Great management. the culture is good in some teams . Front office middle office and back office are treated differently.
Friendly, like-minded people
Intern - Group Legal (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW13 February 2018
As an intern I had quite minimal exposure to the company. But overall, it was a great experience, I met a lot of great people and I returned twice for two rotations.
flexible
Admissions Assistant & Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 February 2018
a good place to work for while you are studying and you learn to incorporate time management skills in your life which is imperative to succeed in a professional career
Pros
flexible work arrangements
Cons
slow pced
The office culture is good.
IT Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Malaysia27 January 2018
With my 12 years work in Macquarie Group. My position as a IT manager, I feel proud to be join in Macquarie Group and enjoy work with global team for archive local or global project. But since started in years 2014, IT human resource restructuring and most of the IT senior management was gone due to financial concern.

The hardest part work in Macquarie group was when local business looking for your trouble or ridiculous request which out of your responsible, no one will help even your direct reported manager. If you can't make business management happy, soon HR might issue you a warning letter. then ......
Pros
opportunity to work with global team.
Cons
Jobs unstable, strong office politic
Flexible working hours
User Acceptance Tester, Business Banking (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW16 January 2018
Had great options for people coming back from maternity leave, with flexible working hours and being able to work from home when required.

Employees all had a great cultural fit which made working in teams easy as everyone was willing to help out when needed.
Great company
Business Analyst | MiFID II (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 January 2018
The company is an inspiration to work for because they are so highly regarded internationally. The work hours aren't as extreme as word of mouth might have it either. The work cafe is great!
great
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 January 2018
good training and work balance, breaks and start times are well balanced and management were very accommodating. with work time being utilised well we are able to create a good working environment.
great
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney1 January 2018
amazing place to work, colleagues were great to work with and overall very helpful. I hardest part was leaving as you can only work for one company for 6 months.
Extremely professional company.
MANAGER (SALES) PREMIUM FUNDING (Former Employee) –  Melbourne13 November 2017
Working at Macquarie Bank was demanding, but they had a very caring attitude towards their staff members. A highly professional, productive place to work.
Pros
Outstanding Management
Cons
Long hourse
Great job culture and work life balance
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 November 2017
Great job culture and work life balance
Good to ok level of salary at start but increse must ech year even if promoted

Management cares about the staff
Professional company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Cove QLD6 September 2017
The culture, support and professionalism have been exceptional to work with. Have thoroughly enjoyed working with the team. Enable you to work autonomously and show complete trust in your abilities.
Pros
Professional and always support your decisions.
Flexible
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney29 August 2017
Very flexible working arrangements, great people to work with mostly. competitive salary and nice offices in Sydney. I am unsure about the culture in the London office
good place to build career
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 July 2017
strong work ethic and positive experience. You work hard but are rewarded for your efforts. I enjoyed working here and learnt a lot. Very proud of my time there.
Freedom within boundaries
Senior Underwriter - Life Insurance (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 July 2017
A great culture. If you enjoy being empowered to achieve then this is the best place to work. No micro management, just work hard, get results and don't do the wrong thing.
You're completely trusted to get results. Probably the best place I've ever worked.
Pros
Trust. Respect and professionalism
Cons
Not everyone can cope with this culture.
Productive workplace
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 July 2017
Macquarie bank is always on the good willing of providing health and safety guidance through excellent infra-structure that provides all team workers a chance to work in the best environment possible and very respectful with the community.
Learnt a lot from this Place
Facilities (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 July 2017
I start working at Macquarie Bank as Concierge, Rover, Dock Officer and then Controller. My overall duties of building in which we have to check all the FCR rooms, Plants room, Basements and scan points on all the level and make sure all the level are secured.
Fun Place to work.
A large working team and complex environment
Senior Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sydney CBD9 June 2017
A large working team and complex environment and the DBA requires to work with multiple teams on a day to day work basis. High stress and tension on production support but also return high satisfaction and rewards.
Pros
Nice team work, management and environment
Cons
High stress and tension work
Amazing Experience
Paid Intern (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia31 May 2017
I loved my experience here.

I can honestly say that I have learned more in two weeks here in Australia than I have ever learned in school. I was able to get a better understanding of have trade and business work in the real world and I was able to broaden my horizons and acquire valuable connections.
Pros
Free trip to Australia
Cons
Couldn't buy cigarettes
Large well known Company with good reputation
Support Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 May 2017
Job was great, colleagues great most managment good, Allot of work, limited staff-yet retrenched. Went from Commercial collections to Consumer and Commercial collections.Three take overs happened whilst I was there
Pros
Well known Company with good culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macquarie Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.