Macquarie Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Macquarie Group Employee Reviews

Australia81 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

A good place to work

1. Good pay and benefits2. Get chance to work on latest technologies3. Best work culture4. Great offices5. Flexible work timingCon1. Hectic some time2. Fast pace environment

Productive, time sheets on categories of time spent

Incentives with bonuses, competitive environment, use of agile methodologies with scrum meetings. Professional Banking environment.Occasional overtime work, with food and transport home (Taxi) provided for.

Super busy IT environment

No end of challenges both in terms of the IT landscape and risk and compliance. There is always something new to deal with everyday. There's plenty of smart people to help

Self serving directors, toxic culture

Directors push their staff to get their oversized bonus. Disproportionately high pay for directors and very low for non-directors. Toxic culture of undermining as behaviour is driven by annual bonuses. Good staff events and perks but they get their pound of flesh. No respect for anyone and long hours. Good clients but they don’t know what goes on behind the scenes.

Pros

Good events, good clients

Cons

Toxic culture, directors crunch staff for big bonus

15 March 2021
We’re sorry to read your review of Macquarie. We want to ensure that the employee experience is positive for all our people and that our culture and environment is one which is inclusive, transparent and fair as we work together to deliver on our purpose and values. We strive for all our managers to be supportive as they empower our employees to deliver and grow in their roles and we always aim to offer compensation packages that are in line with market rates. We welcome an opportunity to discuss your feedback in more detail and encourage you to reach out to careers@macquarie.com so we can arrange a time to speak.

Lions den

You need a thick skin and preferably a.mentor to help navigate the shark infested waters of a very misogynistic company. It’s not for the faint hearted or overly sensitive person.

Pros

Good remuneration

Cons

Toxic work culture

17 February 2021
We’re sorry to read your review of Macquarie. We strive to foster a supportive and inclusive environment and are committed to ensuring our people have access to the same rewards, resources and opportunities, regardless of their gender. We would welcome a chance to learn more about your experience and encourage you to reach out to careers@macquarie.com and we will arrange a time to speak.

Professional pressure cooker environment. Thrive on incident management.

Highly recommend Macquarie as an employer of choice. You work hard but they look after their employees. Uner professional work place. Great scope for career advancement.

Pros

Work well, exceed expectations = bonus

Managers are terrible

very bad place to be in, no job security, lot of politics and no social interaction between employees, you are made to work like a dog and you get nothing in return

Pros

Cons

lots

13 January 2021
We’re sorry to read your review of Macquarie. We aim to ensure that the employee experience is positive for everyone and are committed to fostering an inclusive, fair and collaborative environment. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss your feedback and encourage you to reach out to careers@macquarie.com so we can arrange a time to speak.

Yearly bonus and free family excursion

Fun Competitive Challenging Finance driven Good yearly bonus based on previous years individual performance Weekly meetings and often incentives ...

Ok, however long hours required

Great place to work and a huge focus on staff, however, communication was always very formal and little done to support staff unless large measures taken by staff members to exceed KPI's. Performance reviews played down but taken very seriously when performed which was confusing.

Intersting and productive place to work

A good overall experience in macquaire Bank, fast paced with good working life balance. Could do with some more training opportunities for new joiners.

Macquaire

Great culture, good company to work for. Business tends to spend a lot of time and effort to keep staff engaged which is fantastic. Also run various office events which is good.

not recommended

poor management, politics and no interest in progressing people. culture of keeping managers happy and not about competence. No career progression, poor bonus and close to nothing.

13 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We’re sorry to read your comments. We aim for our managers to be supportive and effective in helping our employees to grow and learn in their roles and aspire to have a promotion system which is fair, transparent, consistently applied and based on merit. We invite an opportunity to discuss your feedback and encourage you to reach out to careers@macquarie.com so we can arrange a time to speak.

Fast paced with plenty of challenging opportunities

Clear commercial focus and successful approach to growth has driven strong shareholder returns. Roles where collaboration among colleagues is strong and recognised by stakeholders are enjoyable and rewarding.

Pros

A global Australian company

Great experience

Work in Macquarie was absolutely great life experience. I would strongly recommend to everyone who has the opportunity to get a job in there and learn how they operate.

Great environment

Great plsce to work. Great team mates and culture. Loved the work life balance. Great fexibility A lot of opportunities to grow. Did not want to leave. Only left because of relocation due to family reasons

Good

Great environment. Lovely people. Good opportunities to move around departments. Managers are supportive. Great location and competitive salary comparison.

Company politics

If you can avoid the politics, which seem everywhere and align yourself with a good and honest manager, it could be a good job. It really is who you know and not what you know.

Accounts

Macquarie is a great place to work out. I had a good manager and team. Hot desking was encouraged. Good open clean working spaces and amenities. Great culture, monthly drinks and great for networking also there were particular event days and or fund raising which was great for staff morale.

Productive and fun working place

One of the best places I have worked at - Excellent Business Continuity management Tremendous scope for learning Flexi workplace culture Emphasis on individual ownership

Very good company

Very good company to work with. Great Work culture and amazing people Lots of learning and innovation. Lot of Learning and development activities to improve skills

Good work life balance and a great place to learn

I would typically start my day with cases assigned to me which would include (Processing disputes and charge-backs in Visa and Processing Pre-arbs, re-presentment in MasterCard), Monitor real time queues and identify high risk transactions, Identify fraudulent transactions and cancel them from further processing. I have learnt to resolve disputes in favour of the customer and the institution through the biggest network operators VISA and MasterCard. There is great work life balance and also good flexibility of timings at work. I really like challenges and it helps me grow to the next level, i manage a difficult situation at work. I really enjoy the games that we have indoors like table tennis and chess. It helps us have a good break during the day and keeps our mind and body fresh.

Pros

Indoor Games, Free lunches, coffee, fruits, snacks, gym, free use of swimming pool

Cons

Growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macquarie Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Macquarie Group