Macquarie University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Macquarie University Employee Reviews

Can't really say anything negative. My department manager was amazing, the pay was great, and I made some really amazing friends at Macquarie University. Wish I could have stayed permanently.
Pros
flexible schedule, pay, amazing supervisor, lovely campus
Cons
no cons I can think of
From eye list to coronary bypass surgery for 16 theatres. Very busy and fast paced. Management is typically challenging. Food is not that good though.
Pros
Coffee machine in theatre tea toom
Cons
No breaks most of the time
Working at Macquarie University was my first introduction to admin style work. I found the training helpful, instructive and challenging and overall it added much to my skill set. The people and management I worked with were fantastic and super helpful.
A typical day at work is simple as serving customer with the foods and a smile, clean up the place and utensile when work done and get in touch with the team. What I have learned in this environment was the working culture of Australia is different from my country, they are more likely to have work-life balance and relax phenomena while working. The most enjoyable part of this job is the time of working is only from 10am until 5pm and the rest of the time, I can do anything I like or some of them will choose to take another job for more income, but for me I would like to enjoy the time with some friends and family.
Engage with the learners of tomorrow by representing the university. Work alongside peers from different fields. Connect to people in different ways to guide them to the degree of their dreams. Casual yet professional environment to sell the university experience.
Great location, beautiful campus. Excellent potential, but very poor strategy, communication, and management. A volatile environment as the directions change on a daily basis with a lack of communication.
The work place was always lively and busy. There was good collaboration and cooperation among the colleagues. You get to learn a lot and push your own limits in a very fast paced environment.
Pros
Excellent Company Culture and Environment
Cons
Specific Managers need to Improve their Communication Skills
A typical day at Macquarie University is heading into the office and preparing speech / presentation for the group you area presenting too. And travelling around the state to represent the university. You could also be asked to help run and manage some events on campus.
I was a private math tutor at Macquarie University. I would tutor students twice a week. I learnt how to simplify complex concepts, and to think critically and imaginatively. The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing with students the imaginative beauty of mathematics, and the consequent wonder that comes from understanding it.
The university is a chilled out place with lots of good facilities. Its upto you how you manage to make the most of it. A typical day at work is filled with meetings with your peers and/or supervisor on the projects you are working on. I have learned to be patient throughout this process and also to be aware of your weaknesses. The workplace culture is pretty cool and the front office staff is very cooperative.
Working at Macquarie University was a great opportunity and learning experience. If I had the opportunity again, I would highly consider working at Macquarie.
Celebrated multicultural holidays Enjoyable work atmosphere Great workplace culture Beautiful campus Close proximity to Macquarie Centre and metro stations
Amazing place to work at with a great organisational culture that supports its workers. They also have great flexible working practices in place to support you.
MUH has always the best in terms of workplace, employees, safety and professionalism. It is fun to work with well diverse staff, treating each other nicely even with workplace pressure.
Absolutely loved everything about working for Macquarie University . Great work environment with a lot of support .I had a great manager who taught me a lot about the university environment & taught me to have a go at anything.
Felt rewarded when my work made good impact to the students. Always being fun and challenging working in research. Never Bored, always feel fulfilled.
My work placement was for 40 hrs and my task was to support the MBS researching about diversity in workplace, mainly surveys some researches done. The professor being in the field of business wants to know how important is inclusion and diversity for the companies, how people accept that and is part of.
Fun if you’re a casual staff member , full time positions can be stressful, anything in the food and beverage department is extremely hard work. HR department and upper management are always busy or unavailable
Great working environment and is very well organised. Great pay and atmosphere. Very professional and all staff are well trained and suitable for their positions
Culture was pretty good, lots of support and opportunities for learning and development. Responsibilities were clear and easy to meet, enjoyed working here a lot.
Kind supervising researchers, and supportive working environment. Requires you to pass two online iLearn courses that only take a few hours to complete. As long as you display professionalism, respect and listen to your supervisor, it is an ideal environment to volunteer in
Pros
Flexible hours