Macquarie University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Macquarie University Employee Reviews

Australia83 reviews
A great fun place to work.
Working at Macquarie University was my first introduction to admin style work. I found the training helpful, instructive and challenging and overall it added much to my skill set. The people and management I worked with were fantastic and super helpful.
Relax and fun environment
A typical day at work is simple as serving customer with the foods and a smile, clean up the place and utensile when work done and get in touch with the team. What I have learned in this environment was the working culture of Australia is different from my country, they are more likely to have work-life balance and relax phenomena while working. The most enjoyable part of this job is the time of working is only from 10am until 5pm and the rest of the time, I can do anything I like or some of them will choose to take another job for more income, but for me I would like to enjoy the time with some friends and family.
Amazing job for the uni
Engage with the learners of tomorrow by representing the university. Work alongside peers from different fields. Connect to people in different ways to guide them to the degree of their dreams. Casual yet professional environment to sell the university experience.
Very political environment
Great location, beautiful campus.
Excellent potential, but very poor strategy, communication, and management.

A volatile environment as the directions change on a daily basis with a lack of communication.
Good Place to Work
The work place was always lively and busy. There was good collaboration and cooperation among the colleagues. You get to learn a lot and push your own limits in a very fast paced environment.
Pros
Excellent Company Culture and Environment
Cons
Specific Managers need to Improve their Communication Skills
A typical day at Macquarie University is heading into the office and preparing speech / presentation for the group you area presenting too. And travelling around the state to represent the university.

You could also be asked to help run and manage some events on campus.
Math Tutor
I was a private math tutor at Macquarie University. I would tutor students twice a week. I learnt how to simplify complex concepts, and to think critically and imaginatively. The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing with students the imaginative beauty of mathematics, and the consequent wonder that comes from understanding it.
Good place to work on your PhD
The university is a chilled out place with lots of good facilities. Its upto you how you manage to make the most of it. A typical day at work is filled with meetings with your peers and/or supervisor on the projects you are working on. I have learned to be patient throughout this process and also to be aware of your weaknesses. The workplace culture is pretty cool and the front office staff is very cooperative.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Macquarie University?
Student Orientated
Working at Macquarie University was a great opportunity and learning experience. If I had the opportunity again, I would highly consider working at Macquarie.
Amazing place to work, multicultural and inclusive
Celebrated multicultural holidays
Enjoyable work atmosphere

Great workplace culture

Beautiful campus

Close proximity to Macquarie Centre and metro stations
Amazing organisation and people
Amazing place to work at with a great organisational culture that supports its workers.
They also have great flexible working practices in place to support you.
professional employees and good workplace.
MUH has always the best in terms of workplace, employees, safety and professionalism. It is fun to work with well diverse staff, treating each other nicely even with workplace pressure.
Very happy work environment
Absolutely loved everything about working for Macquarie University . Great work environment with a lot of support .I had a great manager who taught me a lot about the university environment & taught me to have a go at anything.
Challenging and fulfil environment
Felt rewarded when my work made good impact to the students.
Always being fun and challenging working in research.

Never Bored, always feel fulfilled.
Research Assistant (Work Placement)
My work placement was for 40 hrs and my task was to support the MBS researching about diversity in workplace, mainly surveys some researches done. The professor being in the field of business wants to know how important is inclusion and diversity for the companies, how people accept that and is part of.
Overall fun if you’re not in management
Fun if you’re a casual staff member , full time positions can be stressful, anything in the food and beverage department is extremely hard work. HR department and upper management are always busy or unavailable
Good job
Great working environment and is very well organised. Great pay and atmosphere. Very professional and all staff are well trained and suitable for their positions
Pretty Good
Culture was pretty good, lots of support and opportunities for learning and development. Responsibilities were clear and easy to meet, enjoyed working here a lot.
Great
Kind supervising researchers, and supportive working environment. Requires you to pass two online iLearn courses that only take a few hours to complete. As long as you display professionalism, respect and listen to your supervisor, it is an ideal environment to volunteer in
Pros
Flexible hours
Productive and fun working environment for students.
It's a flexible well paying job while at university. You learn a lot about how to handle phone calls, rejections and successful donations. The hardest part is rejection rate is high. However, you learn in these situations and how to turn them around. The work culture is great and encourages you to reach targets as an individual and a team.
Pros
free lunches, bonuses, non-financial rewards for good performances
Cons
temporary job
Interesting place to work with a lot of thought going into programmes
Always varied and busy
A lot about educational theory

Usually well managed

Thoughtful, interesting and investigative

Maintaining balance between research and lesson delivery

Challenging theory - the people - teachers and students
Pros
Green campus environment
Cons
Unpredictable