Macquarie University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Macquarie University Employee Reviews

4.4Work–Life Balance

Project was well organised, lead by very competent staff.

Project was well organized, lead by very competent staff, we all worked long hours to meet deadlines and were well supported, we knew what work to commence manipulating each day.

Pros

Greaat colleagues, hours of work, pay rate, on site cafe

Cons

Long hours and travel time to get there.

It's good but it's pretty rocky right now

A typical day at work involves responding to many emails from various students and staff. Work culture is positive and rewarding. Restructure of the senior leadership is STILL going on since like 2018... hello it's 2021, get it together....

Pros

My boss was nice, but above him it was just politics.

Cons

Too much politics not enough actual work

amazing first experience with higher ed jobs

Can't really say anything negative. My department manager was amazing, the pay was great, and I made some really amazing friends at Macquarie University. Wish I could have stayed permanently.

Pros

flexible schedule, pay, amazing supervisor, lovely campus

Cons

no cons I can think of

Very busy theatre

From eye list to coronary bypass surgery for 16 theatres. Very busy and fast paced. Management is typically challenging. Food is not that good though.

Pros

Coffee machine in theatre tea toom

Cons

No breaks most of the time

A great fun place to work.

Working at Macquarie University was my first introduction to admin style work. I found the training helpful, instructive and challenging and overall it added much to my skill set. The people and management I worked with were fantastic and super helpful.

Relax and fun environment

A typical day at work is simple as serving customer with the foods and a smile, clean up the place and utensile when work done and get in touch with the team. What I have learned in this environment was the working culture of Australia is different from my country, they are more likely to have work-life balance and relax phenomena while working. The most enjoyable part of this job is the time of working is only from 10am until 5pm and the rest of the time, I can do anything I like or some of them will choose to take another job for more income, but for me I would like to enjoy the time with some friends and family.

Amazing job for the uni

Engage with the learners of tomorrow by representing the university. Work alongside peers from different fields. Connect to people in different ways to guide them to the degree of their dreams. Casual yet professional environment to sell the university experience.

Very political environment

Great location, beautiful campus. Excellent potential, but very poor strategy, communication, and management. A volatile environment as the directions change on a daily basis with a lack of communication.

Good Place to Work

The work place was always lively and busy. There was good collaboration and cooperation among the colleagues. You get to learn a lot and push your own limits in a very fast paced environment.

Pros

Excellent Company Culture and Environment

Cons

Specific Managers need to Improve their Communication Skills

A typical day at Macquarie University is heading into the office and preparing speech / presentation for the group you area presenting too. And travelling around the state to represent the university. You could also be asked to help run and manage some events on campus.

Jobs at Macquarie University

See more jobs

Math Tutor

I was a private math tutor at Macquarie University. I would tutor students twice a week. I learnt how to simplify complex concepts, and to think critically and imaginatively. The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing with students the imaginative beauty of mathematics, and the consequent wonder that comes from understanding it.

Good place to work on your PhD

The university is a chilled out place with lots of good facilities. Its upto you how you manage to make the most of it. A typical day at work is filled with meetings with your peers and/or supervisor on the projects you are working on. I have learned to be patient throughout this process and also to be aware of your weaknesses. The workplace culture is pretty cool and the front office staff is very cooperative.

Student Orientated

Working at Macquarie University was a great opportunity and learning experience. If I had the opportunity again, I would highly consider working at Macquarie.

Amazing place to work, multicultural and inclusive

Celebrated multicultural holidays Enjoyable work atmosphere Great workplace culture Beautiful campus Close proximity to Macquarie Centre and metro stations

Amazing organisation and people

Amazing place to work at with a great organisational culture that supports its workers. They also have great flexible working practices in place to support you.

professional employees and good workplace.

MUH has always the best in terms of workplace, employees, safety and professionalism. It is fun to work with well diverse staff, treating each other nicely even with workplace pressure.

Very happy work environment

Absolutely loved everything about working for Macquarie University . Great work environment with a lot of support .I had a great manager who taught me a lot about the university environment & taught me to have a go at anything.

Challenging and fulfil environment

Felt rewarded when my work made good impact to the students. Always being fun and challenging working in research. Never Bored, always feel fulfilled.

Research Assistant (Work Placement)

My work placement was for 40 hrs and my task was to support the MBS researching about diversity in workplace, mainly surveys some researches done. The professor being in the field of business wants to know how important is inclusion and diversity for the companies, how people accept that and is part of.

Overall fun if you’re not in management

Fun if you’re a casual staff member , full time positions can be stressful, anything in the food and beverage department is extremely hard work. HR department and upper management are always busy or unavailable

Good job

Great working environment and is very well organised. Great pay and atmosphere. Very professional and all staff are well trained and suitable for their positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macquarie University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4

• Macquarie University
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?