Macquarie University Employee Reviews for Tutor

Dynamic
Casual Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Sydney26 August 2017
Plenty to learn from with great academic staff. A lot of autonomy in structuring the lessons. Really collaborative team with a very encouraging culture.
Productive and fun workplace.
Spanish Tutor (Current Employee) –  Sydney8 December 2014
A typical day at work would be in a one to one session with the students to practice the language and help them assess in their academic literacy in skills such as understanding unit requirements, exam preparation, revision, oral presentation kills and writing skills among others.
I learned much more of the system of education in Australia. The management of this program is very organized and effective to see positive results in the students' academic progress. The working environment was vey calm and nice.
The hardest part of the job was that the hours assigned depended on the availability of the students and sometimes they had other activities that did not allow them to have sessions.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the great attitude and respect that I received and gave to my boss and my students and the way classes were so enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Depending on students availability to have hours.