Mad Mex
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Mad Mex Employee Reviews

Australia23 reviews
Enjoyable job. Management is willing to help and offer options regarding your avilability.
Fast paced, busy restaurant, rotation of working areas and duties.
Great team environment, unfortunately i became ill that year and had to cease working for Mad Mex as my medical issues needed several hospital stays and recovery time.
great pay for work, good working conditions. best part some of the staff. hardest part the lunch rush hour. i learned to be efficient, improve my customer service skills.
Not very good at balancing home life and work responsibilities. Bad pay for young supervisors
Long hours for little money

Expects too much of the workers

Management makes mistakes when doing pay roll

Sometimes doesn't realise when you have a birthday and do not update your pay until you bring it up
Pros
50% off all food and drinks and free water
Cons
Long hours for minimum pay
Mad Mex is an average place to work. Often managers are poorly trained. Not known for taking care of their store managers. Very top heavy organization, this is where the benefits are. long hours trying to meet tough KPI's. dealing with high turnover both with line employees, and managers.
Pros
not many
Cons
lots of them
Whenever I am on shift and working as a supervisor I feel that people really like to get a quick and good service and over here I learned everything and have mostly became an all rounder. The management over there is good but can be way better. They have a awesome work culture. There is nothing as a hard part in my life. Interacting with the customers is the most enjoyable part of the job.
A lot of this job was just about saving money. However enjoyed it and learnt a lot about hard work. I enjoyed everyone I worked with which was helped by a positive work environment.
Pros
Lots of Work
Cons
underpaid
When I first started I loved it, everyone was amazing and felt like a real family. New management of the store comes in a few months later and everything from there changed. No one wanted to work there so the entire team who had been there for years all left in the matter of one month! Even new staff couldn't even last because they realized what an awful place it is. I would never go back there.
Job profile was very easy and simple, but management and culture was poor and lacking. Recommend better management and overall communication. Left job mostly due to no communication, dropped hours, and unfair treatment of staff from management.
not a place you'd want to be in for more than 6 months, stressful for no reason depending on management. easy work, make meals, serve customers. workplace culture is meh
Pros
free food
Cons
management is poor
I worked for Madmex Penrith for almost 6 years , while working I learned many new things , good thing was I became self independent and learnt how to work in a team , developed my skills in dealing with the customers and the staff members both and improved my language more fluently . Smiling with people while speaking has become a habit though I don't work there any more . Having a right attitude good manourism with all the people was the key factor which I still have and will always have my entire life where ever I go.

The thing I always disliked about working at MadMex was salary which was very less not as expected, no public holiday rate, no paid medical leave and many more,
Pros
free lunch once if you have worked for 5 hours
Cons
A typical day, when I worked, was not too rewarding. Management didn't seem to care too much about assisting or ensuring that employees were doing their job to a satisfactory degree.

I wish I could say more, but my experience was just terrible.
good to interact with people and get along with your co workers. co workers had a different background to me so they told me thing i never knew as well as there language.
Pros
half price lunches
Cons
short hours worked
genuinely didn't like working here but that's just me, it could of been better maybe. I would recommend working here if you want to learn how to talk to people and multi task plus learning how to cook and cook well.
Low income for staff but good work environment. Staff are friendly and caring! Staff are friends outside of work but still maintain a professional atmosphere.
I've been well taken care of for 3 years, I've enjoyed every shift and I've learnt so much from everyone who I've worked with.
Pros
free lunch, positive feebacks
Cons
nothing
A typical day there is arrive and start cooking and organizing all the stuff for the customers, we divide the list of things we have to do. After the rush, we carefully clean the whole store and put back the food in the cool room. We weight what we have to throw out. Then we just finish.
fun workplace
enjoyable work team

good communication

reasonable customers

high quality service an food

good meetings, organised team work

organised food portions

fun events, good socializing

good events, surprise birthday parties

customer attractions

guitarist
Pros
free lunches
Cons
kids recruited, not enough experience
had really bad experince in this job , is good culturally but in terms how they treat people is not a good place , such a bad experience
underpaid, was not treated with respect.
people gossip to much
trabajo con gente muy maja y buenas posibilidades de subir de puesto