Mad Paws
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

38: Mad Paws Employee Reviews

Australia38 reviews

4.8Work–Life Balance

sort of self hire

mostly setting everything up yourself. The support staff is OK but you determine your own prices and you can receive dogs fairly quickly depending on your profile

Yeah good

Amazing flexibility. Make lifelong clients and bond with owners and animals. Pay isn't the best but this is a side hustle anyway. Can pick your own hours and your own clients.

Pros

Puppies

Cons

Money

Amazing company to work for, quick and efficient when you have questions. Perfect and easy to follow guidelines to run and manage your own work load.

Choose your own days! Choose your rates! Choose your pet type you want to look after and if you are willing to go to the owners places or they can be brought to you. Whats not to love! You get to see an adorable and amazing range of animals and if you do ever get stuck they have an amazing team at thier Head office in Sydney and advice and help is only a phone call or email away!

Great, relaxed and flexible work place. Enjoyable

I loved working at Madpaws as it's so flexible, you can choose your jobs and you can choose the duties your available for. It's fun, relaxing and rewarding.

Pros

Different animals, choose your jobs, flexible, and can look after pets in different areas like a holiday house.

Cons

Not set hours

A great time and something to do after work

Setting up your account is quite easy. You do have to have some qualifications and a great profile to get clients. Without qualifications clients won't trust you. And badges, collect them all.

Pros

spending time with animals, a little side money, building friendships

Cons

20% pay cut, clients asking for fees to be lowered

Flexible

You choose what you want to do, when and how much you get for your service. It is flexible as you wait for a booking request you meet the client and you choose whether the job Is for you or not. if you accept the booking you complete the booking and when it is over the customer rates you. Your payment is deposited on the website and you can choose to request for the payment into your bank account or use it as credits and make a booking yourself through the website.

Pros

You choose how much you want to get paid and it is really flexible.

Cons

they take 20% of your payment for insurance.

Mad paws review

During my experience at mad paws it was good and I had fun minding pets and taking care of them. The job wasn’t very hard and it was a fun and enjoyable way to make money. Mad paws is a very good app that I would strongly recommend to someone, I enjoyed my experience using it.

Pros

Good money, enjoyably, easy

Cons

Make life long connections with families and their pets- but don't expect to make any money

madpaws takes 20% of your earnings, which doesn't sound a lot but that $460 job becomes $368 and there is no reimbursement for petrol. You cannot find pets to sit, owners must find you. There is no guarantee of work.. but, if you get hired, it's so incredibly rewarding to care for those pets and provide comfort and a level of trust to their families.

Easy to work with - at your own pace

Work at your own pace and schedule. Love working with the doggies just walking around the neighbourhood. In summer just walk really early. Winter wait till sun is up.

Hard to get booking

Although contacted frequently with dog walking bookings in my area, when I agree to doing them they are already taken. I respond to texts very quickly, on average within 30 minutes of them being sent but never get a job.

Productive and fun workplace

Mad Paws work environment changes as I work at clients houses. Pet sitting is a perfect job for those as who want to build up their experience within the animal care industry as it allows them to work with different breeds and species of animals. Overall I haven't found the job challenging as it is a relaxed environment.

Fun side job

The best thing about being a pet sitter is the people you meet and the friendships you forge with not only the owner but the pets you take care of. It's a really rewarding job and I highly recommend this for animal lovers.

no support at all

did not get my first job through mad paws for more than a month, but was not too fussed as it was side money was underpaid also and their customer support team is useless - sent in two tickets over the past week and no reply at all!

Great job.

I have fully enjoyed my time with Mad Paws. Meeting new clients nearly every week, and being able to care for animals has been an amazing experience I plan to indulge in for a long time.

Also signed up a month ago and nothing.

Signed up a month ago, did all that was asked: police check (cost money through their provider), recommendations from friends, ID, changing the calendar everyday, and nothing. Complete waste of time and money.

Official response from Mad Paws

9 December 2019
Hi there!We’re sorry to hear you haven’t been able to start your Mad Paws Sitters’ journey. Most of Mad Paws Sitters receive their first booking request within the first two weeks.Please send us an email at service@madpaws.com.au and we’ll be more than happy to look at your profile to see what can be improved. We'll also suggest some steps you can take to land your first booking.Thank you!The Mad Paws Team

Fantastic

Mad paws is a great place to work for some extra money to get you by. I have learned a lot about time management, communication and caring for animals. The management is very helpful and a great culture, they really care about you. The best part is all the cute animals you meet.

Never get anything from it ~ Not at all

I signed up about a month ago. And I haven't got anything from this yet. It's a false advertising. Not everybody made 300$. May be it doesn't work in melbourne

Official response from Mad Paws

9 December 2019
Hi there and thanks for your feedback! We're sorry to hear you haven’t got your first booking request. Please send us an email at service@madpaws.com.au so we can look at your profile and help you make changes to attract some bookings.Thanks!The Mad Paws Team

Fantastic Workspace with Supportive Team

My time at Mad Paws was one of the best working experiences I've ever had. Every employee is committed to the vision of providing Australian's with quality pet care and it shows with the long list of happy pet sitters. Every member of the team is extremely friendly and the workplace culture is not only supportive, but downright fun. Continual learning and education is a big part of the business and you always feel valued bringing ideas to the table. I would highly recommend Mad Paws to anyone either looking for a job in startups or looking to help grow one of Australia's most exciting companies!

Relaxed workplace and up to workers to take responsibility for how much they earn

Mad paws is a great first job, because it’s relaxed, takes lots of responsibility/independence but also makes sure that you take control of your destiny. If you’re lazy, you won’t make money and you’ll receive bad reviews. But if you look after the dogs as the owner insists, you become much more responsible and hireable

Pros

Easy to apply, requires independence

Cons

Company requires a significant amount of money from each walk

Fun and easy going workplace

- Feeding animals, playing with pets and walking dogs - Each pet is different and has its own personality - The management is terrific - The culture is very helpful and easy going - Hardest part of the job is reminding people to post a review - Most enjoyable part of the job is spending time with animals

Pros

controlling own rates

Cons

Payment reduced

You are your own boss

You are able to chose which jobs you are able to do, i.e. house sitting/dog walking etc. So you set your own tasks. It is completely flexible as you are able to alter the calendar to suite your personal life.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

They take a large percentage of your earnings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mad Paws. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Mad Paws
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?