Mad Paws
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Mad Paws Employee Reviews

Featured review
Mad Paws selected this as a representative review
- Feeding animals, playing with pets and walking dogs - Each pet is different and has its own personality - The management is terrific - The culture is very helpful and easy going - Hardest part of the job is reminding people to post a review - Most enjoyable part of the job is spending time with animals
Pros
controlling own rates
Cons
Payment reduced
Setting up your account is quite easy. You do have to have some qualifications and a great profile to get clients. Without qualifications clients won't trust you. And badges, collect them all.
Pros
spending time with animals, a little side money, building friendships
Cons
20% pay cut, clients asking for fees to be lowered
You choose what you want to do, when and how much you get for your service. It is flexible as you wait for a booking request you meet the client and you choose whether the job Is for you or not. if you accept the booking you complete the booking and when it is over the customer rates you. Your payment is deposited on the website and you can choose to request for the payment into your bank account or use it as credits and make a booking yourself through the website.
Pros
You choose how much you want to get paid and it is really flexible.
Cons
they take 20% of your payment for insurance.
During my experience at mad paws it was good and I had fun minding pets and taking care of them. The job wasn’t very hard and it was a fun and enjoyable way to make money. Mad paws is a very good app that I would strongly recommend to someone, I enjoyed my experience using it.
Pros
Good money, enjoyably, easy
Cons
madpaws takes 20% of your earnings, which doesn't sound a lot but that $460 job becomes $368 and there is no reimbursement for petrol. You cannot find pets to sit, owners must find you. There is no guarantee of work.. but, if you get hired, it's so incredibly rewarding to care for those pets and provide comfort and a level of trust to their families.
Work at your own pace and schedule. Love working with the doggies just walking around the neighbourhood. In summer just walk really early. Winter wait till sun is up.
Although contacted frequently with dog walking bookings in my area, when I agree to doing them they are already taken. I respond to texts very quickly, on average within 30 minutes of them being sent but never get a job.
Mad Paws work environment changes as I work at clients houses. Pet sitting is a perfect job for those as who want to build up their experience within the animal care industry as it allows them to work with different breeds and species of animals. Overall I haven't found the job challenging as it is a relaxed environment.
The best thing about being a pet sitter is the people you meet and the friendships you forge with not only the owner but the pets you take care of. It's a really rewarding job and I highly recommend this for animal lovers.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mad Paws?
did not get my first job through mad paws for more than a month, but was not too fussed as it was side money was underpaid also and their customer support team is useless - sent in two tickets over the past week and no reply at all!
I have fully enjoyed my time with Mad Paws. Meeting new clients nearly every week, and being able to care for animals has been an amazing experience I plan to indulge in for a long time.
Signed up a month ago, did all that was asked: police check (cost money through their provider), recommendations from friends, ID, changing the calendar everyday, and nothing. Complete waste of time and money.
Official response from Mad Paws
9 December 2019
Hi there!We’re sorry to hear you haven’t been able to start your Mad Paws Sitters’ journey. Most of Mad Paws Sitters receive their first booking request within the first two weeks.Please send us an email at service@madpaws.com.au and we’ll be more than happy to look at your profile to see what can be improved. We'll also suggest some steps you can take to land your first booking.Thank you!The Mad Paws Team
Mad paws is a great place to work for some extra money to get you by. I have learned a lot about time management, communication and caring for animals. The management is very helpful and a great culture, they really care about you. The best part is all the cute animals you meet.
I signed up about a month ago. And I haven't got anything from this yet. It's a false advertising. Not everybody made 300$. May be it doesn't work in melbourne
Official response from Mad Paws
9 December 2019
Hi there and thanks for your feedback! We're sorry to hear you haven’t got your first booking request. Please send us an email at service@madpaws.com.au so we can look at your profile and help you make changes to attract some bookings.Thanks!The Mad Paws Team
My time at Mad Paws was one of the best working experiences I've ever had. Every employee is committed to the vision of providing Australian's with quality pet care and it shows with the long list of happy pet sitters. Every member of the team is extremely friendly and the workplace culture is not only supportive, but downright fun. Continual learning and education is a big part of the business and you always feel valued bringing ideas to the table. I would highly recommend Mad Paws to anyone either looking for a job in startups or looking to help grow one of Australia's most exciting companies!
Mad paws is a great first job, because it’s relaxed, takes lots of responsibility/independence but also makes sure that you take control of your destiny. If you’re lazy, you won’t make money and you’ll receive bad reviews. But if you look after the dogs as the owner insists, you become much more responsible and hireable
Pros
Easy to apply, requires independence
Cons
Company requires a significant amount of money from each walk
You are able to chose which jobs you are able to do, i.e. house sitting/dog walking etc. So you set your own tasks. It is completely flexible as you are able to alter the calendar to suite your personal life.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
They take a large percentage of your earnings
Madpaws are a very helpful and proactive organisation for both clients and sitters and the hours and dates i work are incredibly flexible meaning they dont interrupt my every day life
Pros
Meeting new people and their pets
Cons
Administrative issues
Madpaws is an easy place to gain extra cash but to also do it in a fun manner. It is good because you can choose your clients and the days you want to work and not work, with also the type of work activities you wish to do. This is perfect for me as I am a full time university student
Pros
Lots of animal love
Cons
weak pay
A typical day involves feeding pets, walking dogs. I love all animals and am coming to learn about different temperaments and standards set by owners.
Pros
Work for yourself, choose your hours, choose your pay rate
Cons
May have to stay with some animals longer than anticipated
madpaws was an overall great experience, I got to learn so much about customer service and how to run my own little business. The website can be irritating sometimes when it comes to settings and the need to explain to the customers would impact the overall experience. Of course, the most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of unique and cheeky pets, would leave the house messy though!
Pros
Set your own wage. Set which days you wish to work. Chose which animals to take in.
Cons
Website Issues
  1. Employee Reviews