MADEC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

MADEC Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews
The job was a physical job but it taught me to work in a fast pace environment, the hardest part of the job was the first couple of days when i was learning about the job. the best part of the job is it wasn't by a machine, you worked at your own pace so long as you meet the daily goals.
The management is horrible, the workers are horrible and won't help clients link in with services.
Understaffed.

One worker was chasing the receptionist around the office and yelling at her until the receptionist was in tears and was snapping at her. The same worker was gas lighting other staff and bullying.

The same worker was trying to get a young Indigenous woman to remove that she was Indigenous off her resume and told her it was highlighting her disadvantage.

The same worker was writing court letters on behalf of other staff without permission and not referring a homeless client to relevant crisis services and made them wait a whole weekend to get assistance with homelessness.

Management talks about staffs personal problems with other staff and brings up conflict and puts down employees in front of staff.

Conflict resolution is just talking about other staff and there are no consequences for bullying and the management will talk negatively about other managers. When you make a complaint about office culture the management just says they disagree. MADEC also cares more about statistics as a whole rather then health and safety when the state government says if you can work from home you have to and the work cars are often unregistered and employees are often hungover when they turn up to work.
Pros
Great flexible work with clients
Cons
office culture is toxic, bullying, cars are unavailable, no communication, no training or opportunities
Did not get any employes like promised was not returning my calls/texts, lost income and was told that I was not been ignored. No help at all I asked them if there was a misunderstanding I can clear it up
Pros
Cons
unreliable
Used to belong as we were in a situation of starting up another service, but as more staff came on got lots better.
Learnt about lots of different conditions with hands-on care, and doing roosters and lots of fill-in shifts.
Great people and a great boss. I enjoyed talking to the eclectic people from around the world, visitors to Australia, that need places to work. It was a great feeling when I was able to help them. I spoke not only tourists , but farm owners. It was great to be able to join them up with the workers they needed.
MADEC although supposedly not for profit are in fact totally focused on the bottom line and do not value their staff at all and have little interest in the students future. Get them in, get them out. Not for the dedicated teacher.
Cons
Very low pay rate
Training computer suite to people with disabilities, you learn new things every day. Their behaviours can change any time but they are lovely people to work with as long as you know how to effectively change their routine.
Pros
free training
Cons
ordinary hours
Managed very well and if the willingness to work is there then there are jobs. It is enjoyable working for different people.
Pros
Different types of jobs.
Cons
Not enough work.
Passionate about my career and making a difference in the community. I enjoy working in diverse and interesting working environments.
Achieved alot personally and professionally whilst working there, the hardest part of my job was being made redundant after 11.5 years
This is a good company but with some offices, management should consider the needs of it's staff more, and address issues that employees are having with their line managers. In this way staff will feel valued and will continue their employment instead of changing to a different provider.
Pros
no pro's
Cons
extra time worked is lost and not given in lie