Main Roads WA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Main Roads WA Employee Reviews

3.0Job Security & Advancement

difficult to work due to management constantly changing project requirements

Poor Manager involvement and very poor skills in dealing with subordinates. Failure to recognise and take on board strengths and experience and knowledge of consultants

Pros

Cons

Inflexible manager on work hours

Stuck in the 19th Century

Was contracted through GHD to Main roads.Total waste of time. Lack of resources to fulfill the role properly.No real understanding by Main roads of how the construction industry works as most long term employees have been there for over 25 years and dont know anything else.Some good people , but trying to get improvements is a brick wall.They need to step into this century and realise there are better ways and more efficient ways of getting things done

Pros

Always food supplied at training sessions

Cons

Efficiency and Upgrades

High expectations from management

The management had high expectations of employee participation and output on a daily basis. Targets normally achievable, but flexibility was required some afternoons to complete required tasks.

Start new career

Working for main roads was a good experience for me I gained a lot of knowledge from road construction supervising did a lot of training such as light vehicle HR Tele handle spraying chemicals most of being a team player in a good environment

Hard Working people in busy environments

I found that there is a diverse workforce coming from different cultures that are different ages. There are helpful team members whom can come to your assistance when you need some advice.

Pros

Nice People

Cons

Quiet Atmosphere

Great place to learn

I was only there for a short time but it appeared that the majority of staff were happy and the learning opportunities were abundant. I found the opportunity fulfilling and enjoyable.

An outstanding work environment

It was an absolute please to work at Main Roads WA. I was provided with great training and everyone was incredibly helpful. I gained so many interpersonal skills from this experience, and it was so enjoyable. The culture was very teamwork orientated, and encouraging and the job was very flexible.

Wide range of resoinsibilities and opportunities

Investigate and evaluate traffic management and road safety issues and incidents. Heavy haulage, signs, roadside advertising, road lining and marking, crossings, intersection treatments. Reviewand provide advice on planning applications and traffic and safety issues, including traffic management plans. Complete Road Safety Audits and Crash investigations. Maintain local traffic and road safety data and inventories. Liaise with, and provide advice to key stakeholders including transport operators, police, schools, Local Government, community groups, internal and external customers.

Pros

Potential to have wide range of work variety

Cons

Distant from home

Mrwa

Able to travel and be involved in the buling and construction of many new roads highways and rail projects

Pros

Hours

Cons

Contract work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Main Roads WA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Main Roads WA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?