Mainfreight
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Mainfreight Employee Reviews

Able to handle high Stress and work load, difficult interactions with the staff members who area very intrusive and already have there own loyalty to Mainfreight. You will be asked to be dishonest with clients on there behalf. Must enjoy a competitive environment and be involved in meetings and Staff drinks on site. The client Reps are wonderful and was always a pleasure to do favours for on your own time.
They are great to work for as long as you do your work just like every job management we’re very good as they listen to what you have to say yes would work for them again but got to have your own truck
load and unload from truck, inspect items, read list and make sure everything is there, cold environment, separate different orders to different places
I did work experience here and they treated me very well, offering me extra work and rewarding wage for a work experience student. Would definantly recomend
Pros
Free hot bevs
Cons
Mainfreight was an excellent company to work for in terms of everything. It was like being a part of a family. Salary was excellent and communication was superb through all levels of employees and management.
Mainfreight as a whole is an amazing company to work for and they look after you in regards to bonuses supplying your fruit every day and your coffee. However management side of things is that absolutely disgrace as there is no support.
Pros
Bonuses, free fruit supplier coffee everyday, some team member are great.
Cons
doesn't Doesn't offer you any support and feedback on your performance, speak to you in an unprofessional Manor.
A lot of work to do and it never stops. Constant growth which is always good. Management listens but that's about it. Upper management tell storey's (to no benefits). Ground staff are very supportive and always willing to help others in the need. Onsite parking is huge !
Pros
Growth, promotion, and the floor team !
Cons
Long contracted hours and poor hourly rate !
Definitely a place I'd work again given a more permanent role. Friendly and approachable management. company thats family friendly and understanding. Monday to Friday roles.
Mainfreight was my first job as a kid out of high school and it wasn't what I was expecting. They gave a job where people could just dump their workload onto myself and I couldn't get everything done in time as computers are not always reliable. Yes it was alright at first but the more I stayed there the more I wanted to leave as the environment and culture was repelling me away.
Pros
Felexible lunch breaks, start and finish times
Cons
Overload of work to the point that the computer could not keep up.
Long Hours and pay is monthly but friendly workplace and the people and management are awesome. They have social events like award nights(once a year) and Christmas parties are awesome. This is the place you want to work at if you want to meet awesome people👌
Pros
They shout lunches and bbq and the people are amazing.
Cons
Long Hours and pay is monthly
I felt very left out no matter how hard i tried to interact with everyone. It felt like high school with all the clicks! Was very hard to make friends with people there.
Good place to work for Bonuses are amazing Great leaders Lots and lots of different freight to handle. Very large depot with onsite truck wash Great lunch room
Pros
Good hours, with great pay
Cons
dangerous goods
I learned how to use RF scanning aswell as loading trucks properly I also learnt how to strap trucks down and I use to sort all the freight out into different state so have a good idea of different state postcodes and where abouts of places
Pros
We had lunch made qould nust come out of our monthly wages
Cons
We had just started getting paid overtime as i was leaving
At the time I worked for the company I was welcomed from start to finished and the staff and management were friendly and helpful including all interstate employees.
Pros
Cons
paid Monthly
Straight forward job. Managements good and helpful. Cheerful atmosphere. Diverse workplace. Hardly any workplace drama. Hard to get to if you don't have your own vehicle.
I was loading in loading trucks pic packing loading in loading containers stacking pallets raping pallets a lot of high reach forklift gas powered fork lifts electric forklift
-doing inwards, putting away pallets(high reach) -picking orders(high reach, picker LO) -loading trucks(with forklift) -unloading trucks(with forklift) -unloading containers (with forklift) -loading containers (with forklift) I learned the computer side of things Management don't bother you. They do have favourites which is very annoying cause their protected and pretty much get away with anything. culture was good cause the people were good management would ruin it doing 9 1/2 hours every day getting paid monthly and doing the amount of work that we do. the most enjoyable was the people I worked with.
Cons
I started off as a loader and in 8 years i moved into management. had to leave due to not being able to move within the business. the knowledge they gave me plus management style they have has given me plenty of experience to take to another company and flourish. hope to return one day.
Pros
if you apply your self they will reward you and give you more knowledge
Cons
towards the end of my career i couldnt move and had to leave
busy days at work with open ending. Training of EDI/Cargowise provided. Fair management. Friendly but not very co-operative co-workers. Some days were very demanding and stressful. Positive was the introduction of regular socialising with the team-members at pub of club
Pros
constant training provided
Cons
lack of teamwork/support
Very nice and friendly people. Its a safe and well maintained warehouse. Workers work hard and are easy to get along with. Security is something that is very important and usual drug and breath tests are conducted on sight.
Pros
Free Lunches and Dinners
Cons
Long Hours
Expect you to work more than 9 hour days with no overtime pay. I Put in for 2 hours overtime they gave me a written warning. I Got sent out of town ever day sometimes didn't get back till late and expect you to do 7 towns in 9 hours, they don't care what time you get back. They don't pay holiday leave loading. You say something to stick up for yourself and they will make your life even harder. Manager has double standards for his staff.
Pros
Apples from time to time
Cons
Long hours no overtime pay
  1. Employee Reviews