Mallee District Aboriginal Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Mallee District Aboriginal Services Employee Reviews

Australia5 reviews
Working as a team to ensure clientele have an overall positive experience and gain at most important rapport.
I learned many computer programs, met some great people, thoroughly enjoyed meeting new colleagues, clientele and customer service at a professional standard, making a difference within the whole community,
There is no trust in this organisation- when a supervisor lies to you, it’s time to find other employment anyway. There is gossiping in this organisation (a supervisor gossips about another staff member), there is lack of help and understanding from your supervisor as they either don’t have the experience, time or basic social skills to communicate to their staff members or blame their mistakes on others. I know someone who works there and they have one day off a month. They told me that it was frowned upon if you took it for a long weekend most of the time. High work load which isn’t evenly distributed among the team members and lower pay compared to other community service organisations is what you will find at this organisation.

I’ve never met so many closed minded people in my life. There are many staff who are set in their ways, so no room for innovation. I’ve heard so many other people who worked there complain about the organisation and the amount of bullying they have received from their supervisor (I heard someone crying when they got fired and it was horrible). There is local news about the organisation which demands further questions on the organisation’s integrity and I’ll be surprised if the organisation improves after the length of time I’ve seen the dark side of this organisation.
Pros
Some study opportunities
Cons
Toxic work environment, gossiping, low job security
MDAS is a very TOXIC environment its a culture of spiteful people. The management system is the worst I have ever experienced. My team leader played staff members against eachother.
Pros
Cons
TOXIC and they will get rid of you.
the position was relatively easy but made hard by the management there was not enough culture for out first Australians, I found I had to outsource a lot of the time due to lack of funding and politics
Team Leader of 5 programs

Reports - meeting program requirements, meeting targets - supervision, meetings

Team very responsive and eager to learn, take on change, excel

Management could provide better support for Team Leaders within Family Services, supervision

Placing children with new carers due to breakdown of placement - (further trauma for child)

Positive placements for children, permanent arrangements
Pros
Extra two weeks leave per year (6 weeks)
Cons
Other Team leaders needing support - known as go to person for every thing