Mallee District Aboriginal Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Mallee District Aboriginal Services Employee Review

Great Learning Environment

30 January 2020
Working as a team to ensure clientele have an overall positive experience and gain at most important rapport.
I learned many computer programs, met some great people, thoroughly enjoyed meeting new colleagues, clientele and customer service at a professional standard, making a difference within the whole community,
12 January 2020
Administration Officer (Former Employee) - Mildura VIC
There is no trust in this organisation- when a supervisor lies to you, it’s time to find other employment anyway. There is gossiping in this organisation (a supervisor gossips about another staff member), there is lack of help and understanding from your supervisor as they either don’t have the experience, time or basic social skills to communicate to their staff members or blame their mistakes on others. I know someone who works there and they have one day off a month. They told me that it was frowned upon if you took it for a long weekend most of the time. High work load which isn’t evenly distributed among the team members and lower pay compared to other community service organisations is what you will find at this organisation.

I’ve never met so many closed minded people in my life. There are many staff who are set in their ways, so no room for innovation. I’ve heard so many other people who worked there complain about the organisation and the amount of bullying they have received from their supervisor (I heard someone crying when they got fired and it was horrible). There is local news about the organisation which demands further questions on the organisation’s integrity and I’ll be surprised if the organisation improves after the length of time I’ve seen the dark side of this organisation.
Pros
Some study opportunities
Cons
Toxic work environment, gossiping, low job security
29 December 2019
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) - Mildura VIC
MDAS is a very TOXIC environment its a culture of spiteful people. The management system is the worst I have ever experienced. My team leader played staff members against eachother.
Pros
Cons
TOXIC and they will get rid of you.
5 November 2019
Ingratiated Family Service Case Worker (Former Employee) - Mildura VIC
the position was relatively easy but made hard by the management there was not enough culture for out first Australians, I found I had to outsource a lot of the time due to lack of funding and politics