Mallinckrodt Employee Reviews

Unfortunate place to work
Acute Care Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Pennsylvania3 May 2019
The company is only interested in profits and will get them at the expense of patients and their own people. I was well paid and the benefits were great but at what cost. They pay well because they can afford to. Unethical price increases and practices have made them rich and they pass that along but in the end they have no loyalty to their own. Senior management is nothing but an old boys network. Terrible feeling in the end.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
No loyalty. Some managers are an HR nightmare.
Good place to work in IT
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO3 April 2019
Plenty of job autonomy plus remote/telework encourages work/life balance.

Pay was appropriate to my skill level.

Good blend of duties.

Varied tasks, not just the same thing every day.
Pros
Remote work/telework
Cons
Limited promotions "up the ladder" - tend to hire outsiders
Employees stay in little groups, either they like you or they don't
Quality Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MO30 March 2019
They allow employees to threaten each other with violence.
There is always talk among staff and employees about firearms, its bizarre.
I applied for several positions but I guess that my skin color wasn't their preferred color.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Kittle career advancement
Poor management
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO13 March 2019
2 tier wages divide the workforce.
Unstable company outlook.
Maintenance and operations are severely understaffed.

Most of the day is spent waiting on permits.

There is always someone (management) thinking they can fix something that is not broken, example, pm scheduling.
Pros
If you smoke, you can take a break as many times you want during the day without fear of discipline.
Cons
Understaffed in operations and maintenance, no job security, 2 tier pay
great pay. horrible security. lots of work
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO8 January 2019
very fast paced, lots to learn, nice employees. learning opportunities are tough because you are always so busy. co-workers are the best part of the job. Bosses can be great or awful, depending on who you get. No room for mistakes, you will be fired on the spot, evening if you are still learning/training.
Pros
pay is good, benefits are good
Cons
long hours, shifts can be switched in a heartbeat with no say
They don't care about employees health
Pipe Fitter and Welder/Machinist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO5 January 2019
Dangerous Place to work. Union employer, union doesn't help you unless you're one of the good old boys. Does have an onsite cafeteria and a medical dispensary.
Pros
good pay
Cons
dangerous
I have a great respect for them as an employee and a contempary40+
0perator upward (Former Employee) –  raleigh n.c.28 November 2018
I worked for Mallincrodt directly out of High School , before being
encouraged to return to college. I worked part time then. for 30+ years I was a contempary to them. They are an excellent company to wok for
Cut throat environment led by a megalomaniac
Maintenance Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MO14 November 2018
One of the most horrible experiences of my life. I had more fun with drill instructors in the military and certainly felt more respected. The current CEO of this company has managed to totally kill any hope of morale in this company. It is a sad state of affars.
Pros
They paid on time
Cons
HR led by senior management
Hadr pace working enviroment
Packaging Operator Level II / OJT (Former Employee) –  Hobart, NY20 September 2018
Mallinckrodt offers a steady job with a fair salary and benefits. It also provides opportunities to advance and develop a career. Working at this company you have to be able to work as a team member. Your job is affected by your coworkers and you affect theirs as well. The hard part of working for Mallinckrodt is to be able to balance personal and professional life since you are required to work overtime, which a lot of times put you in conflict.
Pros
Paid vacations, health insurance, 401K, opportunity to advance.
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Mnk
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO29 August 2018
Mallinckrodt is much like other solid companies in that the management team builds the culture. your direct boss makes the company what it is. With a solid culture intact at Mallinckrodt, this is a great place to be.
Fun people and great products
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MI21 August 2018
Company is strong and people are great. I would retire from MNK if I could.
Strong values and mission is adhered to. Lots of growing pains but worth the transitional feeling while working toward goals.
A demanding job.
Chemistry Technician (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MO26 July 2018
None of the work is rocket science, but it all demands willingness to concentrate and commit to the task at hand. Errors are usually very costly, due to the nature of the product (radioactive).
Pros
Individual nature of most assignments, though part of a team.
Cons
Too many meetings.
Not a bad place to work!
Stationary Engineer/Utilities Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO17 April 2018
Good Pay, with knowledgeable employees. People take pride in their work and for the most part do their jobs fairly well. Management has its ups and downs, but that is expected in the industry. I would recommend this place to friends.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Great coworkers, horrible leadership & culture
Sr. Director (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO3 April 2018
Coworkers were the best part of the job. Was a high performing employee until after a few mergers and the new leadership decided I wasn't showing value. Never had a bad performance review & was promoted multiple times.
Leadership is not transparent, or trustworthy. Horrible corporate culture, strong lack of communication from Executive leadership level down . No sense of longevity of any kind with respect to future opportunities and growth within the company to build a future for yourself. New leadership from mergers more interested in protecting the consultants & vendors they brought with them than fellow MNK legacy employees. Horrible.
Pros
Competitive Salary, great benefits, some great colleagues, very diverse environment
Cons
Horrible culture, poor communication, backstabbing in VP levels of mgmt (even among each other).
Good leadership under current site director.
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY3 March 2018
Good people and leadership. Corporate involvement was pretty good with sharing and support. The biggest issue was the decline of volume due to the generic narcotics market with no pipeline of new products.
Innovative, dynamic environment
Director (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO28 February 2018
Organization is embracing a rapid pace of change which provides an opportunity to work cross-functionally to set policies/practices. Lots of opportunity for on the job learning.
Hard work, stay protected and be safe and on time
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO31 January 2018
money was good but the environment was not so good. Rotating hours were bad for health. Wanted to go back because the salaries in other industries were bad but one in stuck between bad conditions or bad wages.
Pros
pay
Cons
work conditions and hours
worked in shipping
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Paris, KY10 January 2018
Worked in shipping department prepared bill of lading for truck provide the correct dot according toregulations call trucking company to pick up special shipment
Pros
benefits and salary
Cons
not every one was treated the same
productive
Driver/Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO30 December 2017
I was a retiree at the time working at Mallinckrodt not for benefits but to expand my working experience in a totally new environment and culture .. the hardest part was dealing with radio activity and the hours at times were stressful
Pros
my counter parts and the team atmosphere
Cons
the hours
Generous compensation packages.
Supervisor/Lead Asset Operations (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MO12 December 2017
Mallinckrodt was generous in compensation, benefits and vacation. There were many opportunities for job advancement. I enjoyed my working experience tremendously during a majority of the time I worked for Mallinckrodt. My decision to move on was due to becoming a parent and being the primary care taker of our children. At the same time, Mallinckrodt's policies moved from flexible hours, working from home to removing all flexibility while most companies were moving towards this type of flexibility. This made it very difficult for a parent of young children.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mallinckrodt. Our community is ready to answer.