MANITOU GROUP Employee Reviews

Productive and comfortable work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WI15 August 2019
I would typically come in from 9AM to 5PM, helping different coworkers with IT related issues. I was two cubicles away from my boss and he was very easy to talk to, and I felt like all of my coworkers accepted me. I thoroughly enjoyed the job.
Terrible
Painter (Former Employee) –  Waco, TX19 June 2019
I'll be upfront and state that I was just recently let go form this job. I'm not mad or surprised as I told several co-workers that I was not going to be staying. I personally think it only reflects more so that rather than tell me they had a replacement they made the staffing agency I went through call me 2 hours before work and deliver the news. I would've appreciated them being upfront.

This was probably one of the worst factory jobs I've ever had. The place was a mess. The quality of work was pretty bad on the welding side and the paint was often not great either. There are guys here for sure that work really hard but there is most definitely not enough of them. The welders are paid very poorly and the work reflects it. Most of my co-workers informed that people spend a lot of time talking bad about each other and things apparently get stolen all the time so stuff is often locked up. To the point that there where days where I couldn't do my job because the needed equipment was locked up somewhere.

Now to the point of the mess I mentioned. On my first day there was trash everywhere in my work area. Sandpaper, tape, towels etc. where all over the floor. Easy tripping hazards. A good chunk of my first few days was just cleaning up that mess so I could have a more organized work space. It should also be noted that there is not a lot of direction given here. Once done with a project it can easily be awhile before someone gives you something else, hence how I spent so much time cleaning my first few days.

I also want to point out safety. I asked several times for hearing
  more... protection here and it was almost a week and a half before anyone got me anything. I was told later on that hearing protection isn't required on the paint line but I do not agree with this as factories in general are very loud and pretty much everyone should be wearing it. There is also a lot of mold in the bathroom sinks that has been growing for god only knows how long. That is just out right disgusting. As I mentioned, tripping hazards are everywhere. A lot stuff is just tossed on the ground and bottles and such tend to be left everywhere. I spent a lot of time cleaning up after the guy specifically in my area. I asked for a dust mask a number of times too and never got one. A guy I was working with eventually gave me one he had already.

So all in all, very bad experience. I would not advise working here or buying one of there products. I can't imagine every location is like this but this one is in very poor shape.
Large, stable, and well managed place to work
Design Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WI3 June 2019
Manitou is a relatively large company and has a large group of engineers. The management is well organized and the workload is properly distributed to workers. Overall, a great work experience.
Pros
Good pay, friendly management, great work variety
Horrible place to work!
Parts hanger/Put away (Former Employee) –  Yankton, SD11 May 2019
Dont even think about this place if you have a family. 0 understanding. 0 sympathy. And 0 care for their employee's. I got wrote up for not planning when my wife gave birth in advance. They gave me a bad reveiw because they fired me with notes stating my child was hospitalized and I had to be there!
Good clean work place
Welder and Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Yankton, SD23 April 2019
I would get a pallet of gram parts then wouldtake crane and pick up parts and install in jig then would measure and weld together then would finish by installing the bars that made the spools sit in place.
Pros
Close to home
This place sucks!
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Waco17 April 2019
They waste your time by hiring you and then telling you they dont need you five minutes later. This is the worst company I've ever seen. I wouldn't go back there again if it was the last job on earth.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Waste your time
Monteur mécanicien (Former Employee) –  Ancenis (44)9 April 2019
mise a par des problèmes d'organisation, l'ambiance de travail y est agréable
Don't work here
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Madison, SD7 March 2019
The job itself with simple but upper management was the biggest issue at this place they show no compassion for their employees and 0 understanding when it comes to family either you are there or you are not and they have an 11 point system and no matter what the case may be once you hit 11 points you get terminated.
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Upper management
Productive fast past restaurant
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Honor, MI4 March 2019
The Manitou restaurant was a seasonal job.It was a very professional med to high end establishment.The owners were great to work for.i always looked forward to going to work.I was never once late for work.we had opening responsibilities such as preparation of setting up the waitresses areas condiments.Cut pies make coffee.Make sure your section was properly set.The closing duties consisted of sweeping,vacuuming,putting all waitress areas of thing away.Emtying coffee pots and cleaning them.washing pots and pans.making sure the salt n pepper shackers where wiped down.Working at the Manitou was a great experience and made really good money.
Pros
$5 meals for a great dinner
Cons
Seasonal
was an ok place to work
Kits (Former Employee) –  Madison, SD17 February 2019
worked in the Kits department - was told that i would be transferred to engines in about a month and 1/2 - when i was finally transferred, i went to radiators / radiator shrouds and installing oil filters to the chassis. i visited with HR, they told me that is where they needed me "at this time. maybe after 2 or 3 months, i might be transferred to engines."
Pros
great pay/benefits
Cons
HR lied, otherwise would still be working there
Manitou Americas
Business Development Manager Western North America (Former Employee) –  Westen North America31 January 2019
Manitou Americas is based upon Imported Products and Local manufactured products and each groups were managed differently.

The Manitou European products have a work culture of team work and changing to the industry needs.

Manitou Construction Equipment culture in North America focused on individuality and silo management and resisted change.

The recent appointment of a new CEO of Manitou North America should breathe new life into the company focusing on Team work and product marketing and product development.
Pros
Support from Manitou France
Cons
Management resistant to change.
environnement de travail agréable
Préparatrice de commandes intérimaire (Former Employee) –  Candé (49)20 October 2018
bonne intégration des salariés
participation aux réunion sur les objectifs de l'entreprise
Équipe polyvalente
Digital Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ancenis (44)3 August 2018
Le service marketing Manitou a des profils très différents, ce qui enrichit l’ensemble de l’équipe. Il y a des étrangers, des plus expérimentés et des jeunes alternants et stagiaires, en formant une équipe transversale.
You do your continuous job and you can't Excel after doing your job to do another job
Wiring harness installer (Current Employee) –  Madison, SD29 July 2018
I love the pay and the work ain't bad but you don't get too accelerate fast or work in other departments like you're supposed to quick enough and it's an all right place to work but they don't give you enough brakes and I think 10 minutes for break is not enough especially for how much time that it takes to walk to the break room and so on and so forth and they don't appreciate their employees enough to keep any employees that's why so many people quit their
poor place to work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Waco, TX28 June 2018
Didn't really get any benefits because I was working through a temp service. Although I worked through a temp service the manager there was horrible and I would never want to work there for the company as a regular employee.
Ok, not great.
Painter, Quality Control, and Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TX11 June 2018
The overtime was good. But the management wasn't great.
Also there are a lot of very unprofessional supervisors. Lots of inappropriate behavior. Some bad behavior and rule breaking is totally ignored. Superiors play favorites
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Bad management, lack of rule enforcement
Fast paced
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Yankton, SD8 May 2018
I had hands on with jack hammers, hydraulic pumps, and overhead chain lifts. I worked on putting together axels and also had the opportunity to drive these vehicles in our lot.
Work Hard Play hard
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Yankton, SD24 March 2018
When I worked there they cut back on hours and there was a rumor of lay off so I left. Other wise I would have stayed there,supervisor was cool and got along with him.
Pros
Good money They think of the employees
Cons
Short breaks, less hrs
Entretien
Entretien (Former Employee) –  Moudon, VD27 February 2018
-Dès que j'ai commencé à travailler chez eux, je me suis bien sentie, avec une très bonne ambiance de travail. C'est pour cela que j'ai voulu travailler pour eux
Fast paced, competetive
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Madison, SD23 February 2018
Work hard, stay on task, learn multiple cells to get more pay, communicate well with other co-workers to make things easier, show up on time, dont make mistakes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MANITOU GROUP. Our community is ready to answer.