Mantra Group Employee Reviews

Good place to start
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC15 June 2018
With more than 5500+ Team Members working in every facet of the hospitality industry, Mantra Group offers career opportunities at our corporate offices and at 125+ hotels, resorts and apartments, operating under the successful brands of Peppers, Mantra and BreakFree across Australia, New Zealand, and Indonesia.
Fun and Productive
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Airlie Beach QLD15 March 2018
Productive, good team to work with, great atmosphere and management was structered perfect there,
Worse part was getting informed last minute that we would be hosting major events, and having to race around preparing everything to look amazing.
Pros
Working in a resort.
Cons
Watching people on holidays while I was working.
Potential to be amazing but lacking
Trade Reservations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Surfers Paradise QLD19 February 2018
A great work environment, the staff are amazing, warm & friendly people. Unfortunately Management is not. Managers spend so much time in meetings or chatting that they don't have the time to look after their staff. There is no support structure, no consistency with training or updates. Staff often work over and above their duties with no recognition or even a thank you. Blame is quickly passed on but nothing is done to rectify it.
They do have regular food days where the bosses will provide pizza or finger food for staff. They have fun games for special occasions or when promoting a sale.
Pros
Free food (sometimes), drinks on a Friday at your desk.
Cons
Hard work, rosters that constantly change, no flexibility.
Mantra
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT5 February 2018
Great work place
Lovely people
Organised company
Would diffently recommend to others
Everyone is friendly and helpful
All work well together as a team
fun
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Cannonvale QLD22 January 2018
most of the staff are pretty friendly and nice to talk to also talking to new customers was a great thing as well i got to do everything around the hotel and was quite enjoyable for work experience
it was hard
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Coolangatta QLD21 January 2018
i guess i know how too keep a place spotless , but it was a good job , got too get some experience in cleaning so i cant complain , and the pay was pretty good too
working at mantra keep me active and energetic
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Little Bourke Street13 January 2018
I enjoy working here as it improve my skill in working a new field. It help me how to cop with the situation and work within the time frame.The seniors are really cooperative and helpful.
Pros
All the senior staff are cooperative
Cons
The job is somewhat stressful
fun place to work at
house keeping (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC8 January 2018
i liked working there it gave me something to do and learnt alot of things. how to make a bed and how to clean toilets and what to do and not to do right.
Pros
gives u something to do
Cons
Busy breakfast, lovely hotel.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bunbury WA3 December 2017
Staffs are friendly.
Restaurants seat might need to be booked beforehand due to the limited space.
Professional waitstaff and they were vert well presented.
productive fun place
Public Area Attendant (Former Employee) –  gold coast, australia27 November 2017
a typical day started at the stock room shed, gathering all what was needeed for the day, and then moving to the oputside of the hotel.

the company i worked for were a private company, who held the contrct for mantra on sun city.
i was employed as a public area cleaner and have not found another job quite like it. would say it was the best job i had on the gold coast and it wqas close to home
Pros
5mins from home
Cons
hours varied
Positive work place
Reservations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD7 November 2017
Challenging yet exciting jobs in meting and greeting people. While being employed here enbled me to understand different culture background and adapt accordingly to customer needs.
Pros
Career development
Cons
no career growth
I had a good time there
Handyman (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT30 September 2017
I think my coworkers are all friendly. I was a houseman there and I think I can finish my time on time and the work load is huge but manageable. And I earn good money there.
fun workplace
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Darwin NT7 September 2017
incredibly and strong place for character building and improving knowledge. work place full of multi cultural people and fun team member. well balance work and life.
good working place
Part Time assignment (Current Employee) –  Tullamarine VIC12 August 2017
I work as a chef helper. I work with the executive chef there. I learnt there how to deal with customers. Its multicultured working place. I worked there 5 days a week
Solid Organisation
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Coolangatta QLD10 August 2017
Good Work Mates, supportive management but limited chances for advancement, long and inflexible work hours. Interesting work with each day offering something different.
Pros
Pleasant Work Makes
Cons
I was a cleaner they work extremely hard.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mooloolaba QLD23 July 2017
Everybody was very good at their work. I was too slow at cleaning but would like to volunteer hours to do some sort of administration job. Very clean apartments and very helpful staff.
very comfortable hotel to work in and friendly people
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Perth WA13 June 2017
I like the work nature and the environment
we have a very solid team work within our department.
we appreciate everybody's effort.
and the management business leader recognize subordinate staffs
Pros
very helpful staffs
Cons
nothing free
Tops
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 April 2017
AWSOMNESS, Fantastic, lovley, best, food, friendly, people, friendly staff, free car park, great incentives, fantastic manager, large kitchen, working equipment
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Driving to get free parking
Opportunities for growth
Corporate Relocation Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Surfers Paradise QLD15 April 2017
Mantra group is a great place to work and they offer courses for advancement in the hospitality industry and always easy to move from one position to another for further advancement.
Poor
Maintenance assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane24 March 2017
I worked for mantra for three months and was provided with only one work shirt and only one pair of work shorts, not to mention no safety boots. When I initially started I was told that I would have a Bunnings card so that I could access materials, three months later no card in sight. I was fully expected and held accountable to uphold Mantra's manintence standard during the course of my employment. I was also expected to float between three mantra properties with three different start and finish times, not to mention using my own vehicle and mobile phone without any compensation. In the end, I lost all love for the job. There's only so much that paper clips and superglue can do, if you no what I mean.
Pros
Cons
Budget cuts