Mantra Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Mantra Group Employee Reviews

Australia90 reviews
Peaceful work environment with all the staff being kind hearted and helpful in nature. This is the kind of place where you want to work. The locations is also awesome.
Incompetant management, lack of basic problem solving skills and leadership skills to effectively run a fast based well known hotel brand . Bullying was normal and unfortuneately I saw over 75% of compentant and excellent staff from Food and Beverage fired through warnings given to them, on the intention to terminate their employment.
I enjoyed my short time there, I learnt a lot of valuable skills and always felt I was treated with respect.
A typical day involved getting to work before the shift started and waiting in the housekeeping staff room for everyone and our manager.

We would be given a floor with our work for the day and told any important information for the shift. You clean your rooms and than your rooms are checked over, days could be either short or long.
This position was stressful due to lack of communication and poor management. The majority of the staff were unhappy and it was basically a negative environment. We did have excellent training courses provided by the Mantra Group although the site I worked at was very disorganised and I found Management to be unsupportive and dismissive.
Gained vast amount of experience in a short period of time.

Great training provided and very supportive in terms of collaborating among different departments of the hotel.
GREAT ENVIRONMENT, Humble managers.

Training and development for certain individuals in order to climb up the ladder of hierarchy is great when compared to other organizations.
I have learned to work extensively with close group of people that have taught me how to work in a fast-paced environment. This has given me the chance to broaden my understanding in exceptional customer service.
I spent a few months working for Mantra , we weren't given breaks or paid overtime. When employees didn't come to work because they were hungover they didn't do much about it.
Continued employment so thats speaks for itself, co-workers make the job. Management are helpful depending on your department.
Benefits are excellent .
i loved working here with all my co workers and lovely customers. clean and tidy place, hated the early morning starts but overall i recommend this job
it's alright, It can be really busy but relaxed specially winter time.
Manager are ok but can be rude and stressful, but way too much politics. overall is ok
The Supervisor was the worst one I've ever had in 30+ years of work. First thing every morning was what the fk did you do last night, , Absolutely no People skills, 4 other people on the roster made complaints to the state managers about her treatment of us. I didn't make any complaints about her to anyone. So clearly I'm not the only one who had issues with the Supervisor, but the rest of the cleaners were great people the cleaners were
Pros
The general staff were lovely people
Cons
Amazing work culture. Friendly and supportive management. Great team work. All employees are very understanding and helpful.
Timely rewards and recognition
Managers are treated like donkeys , lots of Non Operation staff trying to dictate Operations staff ...team member of the month is conducted every three months.
No two days were the same. Most were great and others not so much but that's to be expected when you work with the public. Management were always attentive to personnel needs and the staff really made the job feel less like work. You will definitely meet some interesting people and I honestly cant fault my experience.
Very nice, well recommended hotel to work special in Darwin. management is also ok but you get to know more regarding the hotel management systems. management operating system is different then opera.
work for mantra was fine, its a safe job with a good salary, the management is lacking of leadership, but still i could have good hours working there, fast paced job and always under pressure
I absolutely loved working for the Mantra Group. A workplace that was so dedicated to helping staff reach their full potential, an extremely positive and very friendly work experience.
I worked as a Food and Beverage Team Leader in a Permanent Part Time role, high dedication to provide quality service to our customers and hotel guests, guiding and helping other team members to reach their full potential. Supervising staff and reporting back to the Restaurant Manager.

I loved everything about this job, it pushed me further and gave me challenges at times - but I loved that. I adored all of the staff, our regular customers and also having the opportunity to meet people from all over the world. I loved it so much!
Mantra Group was the worst place I have worked. Management is basically absent when it is needed. I have found the area Manager F&B Regional Manager pretty incompetent, they give you the wrong indications and complain of the poor job you made following their orders.
Maybe with accor will be better...
Mantra Hotel Tullamarine has a brilliant atmosphere to work in. The staff members are team orientated. Wonderful return customers, we therefore cater to regular customers who receive the personal touch.

We meet many people from different countries. The work is therefore never the same as the people are varied, Pilots, Flight Attendants and people who want a great hotel near the Tullamarine Airport.
management are empathetic and fair but firm.
feels like a family, the majority of people are very friendly.

most enjoyable part of the job is the people.