Mantra Group Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

Productive and Fun Workplace
Night Auditor (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 October 2018
# Have learned the below Skills working at Mantra Group.

- The ability to handle conflict.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good leadership skills.
- The ability to strategise.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- The ability to motivate people.
Tops
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 April 2017
AWSOMNESS, Fantastic, lovley, best, food, friendly, people, friendly staff, free car park, great incentives, fantastic manager, large kitchen, working equipment
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Driving to get free parking
in house team, great culture
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 March 2016
I am used to working more within an 'in house' team. The atmosphere was great & the team I had were hard workers. Working with Mantra also taught me that as there was really no purchasing department, we had to source our own suppliers for amenities & replacements. We also did a lot of our own recruiting, only with HR advertising if we needed staff.
This was also an opportunity for myself to learn another software - which I had never heard of..."SiHot".
Overall a great company to work for, everyone was very supportive.
Organised work place and supportive staff
Assistant Manager at two property's in Sydney (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia22 December 2014
My Typical day would be mainly on the front desk helping the receptionists check in and out guests when busy.I also helped in the restaurant on breakfast and room service when busy.I would be first in command when the general manager was off duty so i handled all complaints and maintenance issues.I managed a team of two receptionists on duty, the kicthen department and restaurant front of house department.I got on very well with all my co workers as we worked well as a team.The hardest part i found was to delegate tasks to other people as i found i would try and do alot myself by multitasking.The most enjoyable part of my job was hearing good feedback from guests not only about myself but about my co workers aswell. This showed we were doing our job well we also got incentives for doing this.
Pros
Excellent team work
Cons
unsociable hours
People culture was great management on the other hand not good
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW6 November 2013
Great place to work, People that I worked with were fantastic, But management was very poor and no communication from management. place never ran smoothly.
Not a great place to work
House Keeping / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW16 September 2013
This place was great to work at before we had a new manager come in that has really bad communication, Doesn't explain anything and has no passion for the job
Good FD Team but lack of communication between HR and Management
Duty Manager, Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW11 September 2013
It's helped me to learn about local culture because I already had experience in multinational companies.