Mantra Group Employee Reviews for Food Service Worker

No one cares if you're bullied.
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA 500024 February 2019
If you enjoy being criticized for not laughing at misogynistic banter and being told a monkey could do your job or when you're training being told just having a click around won't hurt THEN this is the job for you!
productive and fun workplace
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tullamarine VIC18 July 2018
the workers are friendly, as they also helped me out all the way when I first started my placements. They prefer giving requests but not demands and also this experience has gained the ability for me to deal with a busy environment and to have confidence in communicating and facing customers more often.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
appropiate hours
Fun and Productive
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Airlie Beach QLD15 March 2018
Productive, good team to work with, great atmosphere and management was structered perfect there,
Worse part was getting informed last minute that we would be hosting major events, and having to race around preparing everything to look amazing.
Pros
Working in a resort.
Cons
Watching people on holidays while I was working.
Good security, but disappointing hours
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 December 2016
It had good job security, but largely understaffed when very busy. The Mantra Group prioritise making money over employee satisfaction, so always have the minimum number of people on. Despite being promised a certain amount of hours, only half of those were actually given. Not the fault of the supervisor, but the management itself.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Understaffed and insufficient hours
Job seeking
Food and beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Surfers Paradise QLD15 November 2016
Dealing with people from all over the world, getting an understanding of how to deal with people from other countrys. finding ways to communcate with people of different cultures and languages. To stay customer focused, customers should always come first. The hardest thing about hospitality work would have the unreliable hours im looking for something that is five days a week with permanent hours that dont change, something to get used to. Hospitality is good in a way where it can all start somewhere and then open your door to the world, nationaly recognized you just had to start somewhere. I am looking for something new at an entry level and to work my way up.
A challenging hotel to work.
Food & Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Darwin, NT30 January 2014
Here was my first work place. Pretty environment and challenging roles. I've learned how to open the hotel restaurant in the morning. To serve guests,serve foods and do room service.I did beverage like coffee and cocktail. I also did the Mini-Bar of the hotel which is responsible for replenishing the fridge of all the hotel rooms.
Pros
Free uniform. Not far to travel
Cons
Lack of staff
Fun and flexible place to work at
Food and Beverage attendant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC15 April 2012
- Setting up for Breakfast and Dinner service
- improved my customer services skills
- Improved my English
- Improved up-selling skills and product knowledge
- Trained at problem resolution
- Got in contact wit other department such as Front Desk
-learned about other areas such as Mini Bar and Conferencing
Pros
flexible roster
Cons
not enough hours