Mantra Group Employee Review

View all Mantra Group reviews

Job seeking
Food and beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Surfers Paradise QLD15 November 2016
Dealing with people from all over the world, getting an understanding of how to deal with people from other countrys. finding ways to communcate with people of different cultures and languages. To stay customer focused, customers should always come first. The hardest thing about hospitality work would have the unreliable hours im looking for something that is five days a week with permanent hours that dont change, something to get used to. Hospitality is good in a way where it can all start somewhere and then open your door to the world, nationaly recognized you just had to start somewhere. I am looking for something new at an entry level and to work my way up.

Other Mantra Group Employee Reviews

Dictators, corruption
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 June 2019
A dictator culture, bullying environment, injustice, supervisors don't respect employees(Housekeeping department). Certain supervisors act as dictators and unprofessional, not as good leaders but as dictators, bullying and embarrassing employees in front of other people or other employees.
Also some supervisors or team leaders were chosen based on their friendship or kinship with another supervisors...and previous ones were fired.
Mantra Terrace is not a place you want to work
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD10 June 2019
I worked with mantra group for over 2 years, but after transferring to mantra terrace I quickly left. Housekeeping staff are expected to work 8+ hour days without getting a break. This appears to happen at mantra on Edward as well. The management would then ask you to lie on your pay sheet or they would alter it without your permission to include a fake lunch break (because it is ILLEGAL to make people work 8 hours without a break and they’re aware of this)
The cleaning standard is absolutely horrendous and I made management aware of all of these issues on my departure. They chose not to reply to me in any way.

Not a good work place.
Pros
Cons
No lunch breaks, no standard of cleanliness, no attempts to improve employee conditions