Mantra Group Employee Reviews

fun place to work at
house keeping (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC8 January 2018
i liked working there it gave me something to do and learnt alot of things. how to make a bed and how to clean toilets and what to do and not to do right.
Pros
gives u something to do
Cons
Busy breakfast, lovely hotel.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bunbury WA3 December 2017
Staffs are friendly.
Restaurants seat might need to be booked beforehand due to the limited space.
Professional waitstaff and they were vert well presented.
productive fun place
Public Area Attendant (Former Employee) –  gold coast, australia27 November 2017
a typical day started at the stock room shed, gathering all what was needeed for the day, and then moving to the oputside of the hotel.

the company i worked for were a private company, who held the contrct for mantra on sun city.
i was employed as a public area cleaner and have not found another job quite like it. would say it was the best job i had on the gold coast and it wqas close to home
Pros
5mins from home
Cons
hours varied
Positive work place
Reservations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD7 November 2017
Challenging yet exciting jobs in meting and greeting people. While being employed here enbled me to understand different culture background and adapt accordingly to customer needs.
Pros
Career development
Cons
no career growth
I had a good time there
Handyman (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT30 September 2017
I think my coworkers are all friendly. I was a houseman there and I think I can finish my time on time and the work load is huge but manageable. And I earn good money there.
fun workplace
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Darwin NT7 September 2017
incredibly and strong place for character building and improving knowledge. work place full of multi cultural people and fun team member. well balance work and life.
good working place
Part Time assignment (Current Employee) –  Tullamarine VIC12 August 2017
I work as a chef helper. I work with the executive chef there. I learnt there how to deal with customers. Its multicultured working place. I worked there 5 days a week
Solid Organisation
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Coolangatta QLD10 August 2017
Good Work Mates, supportive management but limited chances for advancement, long and inflexible work hours. Interesting work with each day offering something different.
Pros
Pleasant Work Makes
Cons
I was a cleaner they work extremely hard.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mooloolaba QLD23 July 2017
Everybody was very good at their work. I was too slow at cleaning but would like to volunteer hours to do some sort of administration job. Very clean apartments and very helpful staff.
very comfortable hotel to work in and friendly people
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Perth WA13 June 2017
I like the work nature and the environment
we have a very solid team work within our department.
we appreciate everybody's effort.
and the management business leader recognize subordinate staffs
Pros
very helpful staffs
Cons
nothing free
Tops
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 April 2017
AWSOMNESS, Fantastic, lovley, best, food, friendly, people, friendly staff, free car park, great incentives, fantastic manager, large kitchen, working equipment
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Driving to get free parking
Opportunities for growth
Corporate Relocation Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Surfers Paradise QLD15 April 2017
Mantra group is a great place to work and they offer courses for advancement in the hospitality industry and always easy to move from one position to another for further advancement.
Poor
Maintenance assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane24 March 2017
I worked for mantra for three months and was provided with only one work shirt and only one pair of work shorts, not to mention no safety boots. When I initially started I was told that I would have a Bunnings card so that I could access materials, three months later no card in sight. I was fully expected and held accountable to uphold Mantra's manintence standard during the course of my employment. I was also expected to float between three mantra properties with three different start and finish times, not to mention using my own vehicle and mobile phone without any compensation. In the end, I lost all love for the job. There's only so much that paper clips and superglue can do, if you no what I mean.
Pros
Cons
Budget cuts
Good management, good opportunity for someone who step in first.
Guest service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 March 2017
Very good work environment, understandable each other, No strict relationship between staff and manager. But small property has lots of flaws in terms of technical problem. (A/C, light, ventilator)
the most enjoyable part of the job
Food and Beverages Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Darwin NT7 March 2017
When you meet your customer needs and make their holiday experience memorable. Specially those people who's travelling from other country to another. Working with co-workers that become your closes friends.
Demanding, Long hours
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cairns23 February 2017
Mantra Trilogy demands lot of your time without any care to there staff. Management is almost impossible to talk with.

Mantra Trilogy employee's itself are great people to work with and out in 100% effort to there work.
Pros
Employee (staff) are great people
Cons
Long hours without help from management
fun place to work at
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT4 January 2017
working at Mantra Pandanas is a fun thing to do because you interact with people from different countries. The supervisor is a wonderful person who cares and love their cleaners. I really enjoy working there
Pros
interact with others
Cons
Good security, but disappointing hours
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 December 2016
It had good job security, but largely understaffed when very busy. The Mantra Group prioritise making money over employee satisfaction, so always have the minimum number of people on. Despite being promised a certain amount of hours, only half of those were actually given. Not the fault of the supervisor, but the management itself.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Understaffed and insufficient hours
Job seeking
Food and beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Surfers Paradise QLD15 November 2016
Dealing with people from all over the world, getting an understanding of how to deal with people from other countrys. finding ways to communcate with people of different cultures and languages. To stay customer focused, customers should always come first. The hardest thing about hospitality work would have the unreliable hours im looking for something that is five days a week with permanent hours that dont change, something to get used to. Hospitality is good in a way where it can all start somewhere and then open your door to the world, nationaly recognized you just had to start somewhere. I am looking for something new at an entry level and to work my way up.
Productive workplace
Assistant Manager/ Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT 080021 October 2016
People are very helpful in any way, I've grown a lot as an individual by learning from my superiors. Mantra Pandanas give's a lot of opputunity for growth development, they also offer training management.