Mantra Group Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Assistant Manager/ Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT 080021 October 2016
People are very helpful in any way, I've grown a lot as an individual by learning from my superiors. Mantra Pandanas give's a lot of opputunity for growth development, they also offer training management.
A place to work to become mentally and physically strong
Conference and Events Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Vic10 October 2016
I enjoyed meeting different people everyday and ensuring they are happy. Going above and beyond customers expectations.
the hardest probably the long hours (13/14 a day)

My team was amazing and supportive

I learned many skills as a manager, i was multitasking, I could be running 2 wedding at the time that is where you learn how to be super organised and also train my frontliners to become team leaders.
Pros
free lunches and great discounts for accomodations
Fun and worth challenging
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Perth WA25 September 2016
Mantra hotel is a very nice hotel to work, and the working environtment are enjoyful. Housekeeping staff are friendly and smiley, helpful and caring people. in this place I have learned so much but foremost is time management.
very professional with staff and guests
Management (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 June 2016
training provided for more knowledge of the industry,
upgraded into higher positions when you show professionalism and abide by all rules and regulations and prove your self.
Pros
extra pay for public and overtime work
Cons
more staff needed
Excellent team & Management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 June 2016
Working at mantra hospitality was a good experience and i have learnt many new skills related to hospitality at this workplace. The team members and management was really nice and helpful.
Good workplace with energetic staff & superb management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 June 2016
Working at Mantra Hospitality (Breakfree Heritage @Little Bourke) was really a good experience of my life. This was my my first job in Melbourne after completion of studies. I have learnt skills related to my field from this place, which is still helping me to perform at my current work place. The staff and the Management of Breakfree Heritage was very nice & helpful.
accomodation provider
Commis chef (Current Employee) –  St Kilda Road VIC5 May 2016
learnt all the aspects about kitchen.with great experience of 6 years. covered all corners to enhance high profile skills
in house team, great culture
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 March 2016
I am used to working more within an 'in house' team. The atmosphere was great & the team I had were hard workers. Working with Mantra also taught me that as there was really no purchasing department, we had to source our own suppliers for amenities & replacements. We also did a lot of our own recruiting, only with HR advertising if we needed staff.
This was also an opportunity for myself to learn another software - which I had never heard of..."SiHot".
Overall a great company to work for, everyone was very supportive.
Casual and Professional
Primary Waiter (Former Employee) –  Lt Bourke St19 October 2015
Not enough mental stimulation, good hours and great staff. Enjoyable. That is all I have to add nothing more and nothing less, that is all
Pros
Early Nights
Cons
Corporate clients
Great team to work with
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne18 October 2015
Fun and enthusiastic workmates, extensive customer service, dealing with complaints, ensuring guests a memorable stay!
productive workplace
Kitchenhand (Former Employee) –  parramatta,nsw22 June 2015
really productive workplace
good salary
balanced work/life balance
co-workers are really nice and willing to help
learned how to make burgers and light cooking
recommend working there
Taught me about hotel work
GSA, Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Parramatta, NSW26 May 2015
Depending on what shift I was working, I would check guests in or out. I would handle paperwork and check the rooms to make sure there wasn't anything left there. I would inform housekeeping of empty rooms, late check outs, etc… I would do floor checks, answer phones and on night shifts I would bring down the room service left outside the doors to the kitchen. I also updated the guest profiles and anything else that was needed throughout the day.
Pros
Taught me my love for hotels
Cons
I worked different shifts on a regular basis
Beautiful location
Guest relations (Current Employee) –  SURFERS PARADISE10 March 2015
Love working with the public, Happy guest enjoying their holidays.
Fantastic work place environment. Trying to please all guests would be an appropriate referral to being the hardest part of my employment.
Pros
Fantastic workplace environment
Cons
N/a
Holiday accommodation staff discounts
Public Area Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Palm Cove, QLD10 February 2015
I have been working as a cleaner of Hotel Rooms and Public Areas 4 and 5 Star Hotels and Resorts for many years. I have had extensive training and gained knowledge and practical experience in cleaning public areas including swimming pools, gymnasiums and restaurants. I have a good knowledge of the related safety and health issues using chemicals and food safety.

In my current job I have the added responsibilities of ensuring that the linen and other room provisions are stored correctly and then delivered to the house guests’ rooms as scheduled.

I am also required to check the quality of the service provided to the rooms and to provide remedial responses. I have a keen eye for details and processes.

I take pride in my personal presentation and the presentation of the work environment and am always keen to meet the time requirements of the required work. I have been awarded as best employee by my employer many times.

My current work is very physical all day and keeps me busy; as a result my general health and my physical fitness are good.
Pros
Working with the Guests
Cons
Heavy lifting
Very emotional and physical hard work
House keeping (Former Employee) –  171 Grey street South bank brisbane28 January 2015
A typical day at work is fast and no time to rest. What I learnt was to hurry up and no matter how its done or how poorly. The supervisors somewhat fair although Management was poor and ill treated staff. The co-workers excellent great people just immature people in charge of the cleaners. I learnt to keep my head down do my work what was expected and go home. Hardly had any social life. This is a very demanding job. No rewards for the cleaning staff and recognition. No job advancements provided or encouraged. The hardest part was asking for days off and from not going insane by the ill treatment of staff. My feet hurt everyday. Sometime even had to buy our own cleaning products. Since the house keeping budget was limited. Although the most enjoyable part was lunch time and going home or seeing a hot guest or a celebrity and my friendly cleaning co-workers. Overall I'm happy I got out of this hotel cleaning industry at Mantra Hotel South bank. I survived.
Pros
close to train stations
Cons
Emotional and Physical draining
Organised work place and supportive staff
Assistant Manager at two property's in Sydney (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia22 December 2014
My Typical day would be mainly on the front desk helping the receptionists check in and out guests when busy.I also helped in the restaurant on breakfast and room service when busy.I would be first in command when the general manager was off duty so i handled all complaints and maintenance issues.I managed a team of two receptionists on duty, the kicthen department and restaurant front of house department.I got on very well with all my co workers as we worked well as a team.The hardest part i found was to delegate tasks to other people as i found i would try and do alot myself by multitasking.The most enjoyable part of my job was hearing good feedback from guests not only about myself but about my co workers aswell. This showed we were doing our job well we also got incentives for doing this.
Pros
Excellent team work
Cons
unsociable hours
great People to work for
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast28 October 2014
worked with the same company for years before Mantra took over
Quality,productive and friendly co-workers
HOTEL ROOM ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Exhibition Street,Melbourne,VIC26 September 2014
I start my work at 08:00 o'clock everyday,by 07:50 I have to reach there ,10 mins for preparing things like different chemicals,vacuum cleaner and for briefing.Normally we finished by 14:00 to 15:00. All superior and my co-workers are helpful and friendly.Working here I learned more about bed making , chemicals which I used for cleaning and guest relation .
enjoyable workplace
Room Attendant/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Surfers Paradise, QLD23 June 2014
I like to work at Mantra Group because every single staff is very helpful and friendly. I love this place.
Pros
have fun
Busy Place. Focus to train team and deliver best customer service.
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Parramatta28 April 2014
I Had worked and enjoyed this very busy hotel. Spend lot of time replacing managers where it gave the opportunity to learn so many new skills. I was in charge of all department of Food and Beverage Restaurant, Bar, Room service, Minibar and also Conferencing and events.
I participated in budget meeting while i was in charge of the payroll, stock take, stock control, costs, suppliers meeting and so.
Manage a team of 20 to 25 people/In charge of big events as wedding and business event.
The hardest part was to manage payroll when there was not much money given from management. it did make me work a lot of extra hours plus weekends.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to make my team and my customers happy.