Mantra

11: Mantra Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

Fast paced, hard work.

The job was fast paced you were expected to do a lot of rooms during the 4-6hr shift Some of the girls working there didn't like outsiders or new staff and would be quite judgemental. My time there was an experience I have under my belt. In hindsight I'm glad Covid hit as I lost my job and am now in a much better position.

Pros

Good pay lots of hours

Cons

Linen run. Heavy lifting. Rude staff.

Terrible place to work

Supervisor was never fair with rostering gave more shifts to friends lots of gossiping and bullying amongst woman staff. Very stressful place to work. Never get thanked. Hot and horrible work pushed so hard and on time limits that you never got a minute to have a drink of water or go to the toilet. No wonder they can’t keep cleaners.

Pros

Cons

Terrible company to work for

productivity.

Typical day at work was when new manager came to the department. I learned how to work in competitive environment. Management was good and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was that when we worked in team.

All round terrible

Really poor management and communication between hotel staff. Childish behaviour from staff. Workplace bullying. Discrimination. Weren't allowed breaks. Overworked/slaved

Lack of communication

Mantra was not a good place to work for as the staff lacked communication between one another which in turn caused a lot of jobs left unfinished. Management was not the best and I didn't receive the correct training. The hardest part of the job was having to work between up to 3 different hotels per day.

Housekeeper

It was quiet easier. Every day it was the same with the same people, and more a less I used to clean 5 or 6 rooms per day. The supervisor and all the management were really efficient and kind with us.

productive yet stressful workplace

it was a good experience in which i learnt a lot; people skills, general money handling, although hospitality is very stressful.

rising hotel group in australia

organised daily routine work process management of kitchen in all aspects creative management hardworking co worker lack of cerdit for the employees learning centre for new staff

Productive and fun workplace

I had a fun experience with mantra as well as I got to learn a lot about hospitality and customer service. The management is very nice and helpful. Everybody helps each other during busy hours. Manager is very reasonable and gives everyone a chance.

Pros

Good Salary

fun

I enjoyed doing work experience at the mantra the staff were easy to talk with I learned that not all hotels have the same way of doing things they all do things differently

Nice place to work, good people. But didn't have enough hours for everybody.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mantra. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Mantra with

Learn about Mantra in popular locations

• Mantra