Maroondah City Council Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Executive Assistant - Planning & Community (Former Employee) –  Ringwood VIC21 September 2016
Have enjoyed working here and the time has flown. My general day is busy and keeps me moving. The Management Team are fantastic to work with
Fun, Friendly environment.
Local Laws Officer (Former Employee) –  Croydon VIC17 June 2016
Fun and friendly environment, with what seemed like an internal culture of acceptance. All my fellow colleagues were never sparing in their ability to assist and advise. No stand over tactics ever experienced, with a more self management type of structure preferred. The hardest part of the job was the travel and the most enjoyable was meeting with a team of people always ready to help. A real Buzz!
Pros
Team
Challenging assignment with diverse stakeholders
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Ringwood VIC7 April 2016
Interesting and challenging program. I was dealing with varied stakeholders across many different departments as well as with vendors. Quite a challenge to provide the best of quality and functionality within the available budget.
Great Culture - Great experience
Development Support officer (Current Employee) –  Ringwood VIC26 October 2015
Great culture , great experience . The team was very friendly and always willing to help. I was exposed to many parts of the civil engineering world. I now have a better direction in my career because of the work at Maroondah City Council.
Great reserves with high biodeviersity
Bushland Crew Team Member (Former Employee) –  Croydon, VIC8 December 2014
lots of hand weeding, need high levels of local plant ID, typical council workplace culture
A hard worker
Events volunteer (Former Employee) –  Croydon,Vic2 March 2014
I am a hard worker and when I work at Puffing Billy, I do admin work such as filing, scanning, emailing and rostering.

My co workers are great and I learn alot from them.
Pros
Great atmosphere
• Received the 10 year letter of achievement of servicing the family day care. • Received letter of acknowlegement from parent for the excellent car
Family Daycare Educator (Current Employee) –  Croydon Vic21 September 2012
• Implementation of all council policies and state-wide regulations.
• Training & Mentoring skills for children ( 4 months to 6 year age group),
• Working/liasing with various teams/departments within the children's services sector of the council.
• Excellent time management, communication and multi tasking skills.
• Microsoft Outlook proficient
• Sole responsibility for the care of children from the age of 4months to 6 years of age, with a maximum of 7 children at any given time.
• Monitoring (observation, evaluation and recording) of every individual child's progression of motor ( fine and gross), behaviour, social and intellectual skills.
• Provide children with the scope of changing activities through the utilization of Emergent curriculum.
• Participate in excursions (once every school term) for the children in care in accordance with council's regulations.
• Maintenance of timesheet.
• Daily recording of each child's skills following the …..................
• Participation in all council In-Service meetings, support groups involving other family day carers.
• Worked with special needs kids in conjunction with Royal Children's Hospital nurse.
• Initiated, planned and executed activities orientated for special needs kids.