Maroondah City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Maroondah City Council Employee Reviews

Australia10 reviews
Motivating workplace
My experience at Maroondah Leisure was all one could ask for in a job. A motivating environment, targets and goals to aim for, recognition and reward systems, amazing culture and management.
Great supporting working culture and absolutely passionate about my job
Operating school crossings,
Ensure safety of all pedestrians

Assist and provide help when necessary

Ensure students safety and well-being

Provide a welcoming and friendly environment to all pedestrians

Make sure students/adults understand and comply with road/crossings rules

Identity and address any issues/ concerns with my supervisor. The most enjoyable part of the job is ensuring safety of my students and see them excel and grow each day and the great rapport and trust which developed after a while. Enjoy the outdoors
productive and ongoing work place always busy
Visiting various people and places in the comunity. learning the plans for the future or the area and surrounding areas. finding out the goventments input and others opions on what is going on was always intersting and im a very passionet person so that was always intreeging to me. tryig to convey news to those who were upset about future or on going plans was hard.
but seeing a whole community grow nd and a large group of people work together these days was rare so rewarding to see.
Pros
family outings, special occasion evenings.
Cons
seeing oyhers dissapointed in issues i could relate to.
Great work environment
Have enjoyed working here and the time has flown. My general day is busy and keeps me moving. The Management Team are fantastic to work with
Fun, Friendly environment.
Fun and friendly environment, with what seemed like an internal culture of acceptance. All my fellow colleagues were never sparing in their ability to assist and advise. No stand over tactics ever experienced, with a more self management type of structure preferred. The hardest part of the job was the travel and the most enjoyable was meeting with a team of people always ready to help. A real Buzz!
Pros
Team
Challenging assignment with diverse stakeholders
Interesting and challenging program. I was dealing with varied stakeholders across many different departments as well as with vendors. Quite a challenge to provide the best of quality and functionality within the available budget.
Great Culture - Great experience
Great culture , great experience . The team was very friendly and always willing to help. I was exposed to many parts of the civil engineering world. I now have a better direction in my career because of the work at Maroondah City Council.
Great reserves with high biodeviersity
lots of hand weeding, need high levels of local plant ID, typical council workplace culture
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Maroondah City Council?
A hard worker
I am a hard worker and when I work at Puffing Billy, I do admin work such as filing, scanning, emailing and rostering.

My co workers are great and I learn alot from them.
Pros
Great atmosphere
• Received the 10 year letter of achievement of servicing the family day care. • Received letter of acknowlegement from parent for the excellent car
• Implementation of all council policies and state-wide regulations.
• Training & Mentoring skills for children ( 4 months to 6 year age group),

• Working/liasing with various teams/departments within the children's services sector of the council.

• Excellent time management, communication and multi tasking skills.

• Microsoft Outlook proficient

• Sole responsibility for the care of children from the age of 4months to 6 years of age, with a maximum of 7 children at any given time.

• Monitoring (observation, evaluation and recording) of every individual child's progression of motor ( fine and gross), behaviour, social and intellectual skills.

• Provide children with the scope of changing activities through the utilization of Emergent curriculum.

• Participate in excursions (once every school term) for the children in care in accordance with council's regulations.

• Maintenance of timesheet.

• Daily recording of each child's skills following the …..................

• Participation in all council In-Service meetings, support groups involving other family day carers.

• Worked with special needs kids in conjunction with Royal Children's Hospital nurse.

• Initiated, planned and executed activities orientated for special needs kids.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maroondah City Council. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3