Marriott International, Inc.
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

It was tremendous teamwork among the company and working culture was an extraordinary! Human Resource’s is open and fair for all. It’s not hard to pass your feedback if you would like to raise your voice in case it’s needed.
I had a fantastic supervisor during my tenure as a kitchen steward in Four Points by Sheraton Docklands. While for the most part I enjoyed my job, its many perks and even befriended some lovely folks, sadly our department was generally taken for granted, underpaid, woefully underappreciated and often even taken advantage of for their tremendous efforts and long hours. Coordination with the FnB crew was also borderline abysmal as the incompetence of their manager at the time was downright flabbergasting.Senior management seemed detached from the reality of floor operations and their attempts to placate rock-bottom morale with appreciation days, seasonal staff buffet and honeyed slogans comes off as insulting because ultimately they only add more workload to the kitchen crew that was already straining to keep up with their demanding jobs. I left for mental health reasons, but can say with clarity my immediate coworkers and a select few outside the department were real industry champions. Were it so easy to extend the same compliment to the rest of the hotel staff.
Pros
Relatively cruisy, intense and fast paced with a lot of responsibility.
Cons
Thankless and physically demanding with no room for progression.
The management in Sydney Harbour Marriott is very bias. If you are from certain cultures and races, you are protected. Marriott-International is a great company and brand, unfortunately it doesn’t happen in Sydney Harbour Marriott. The management only protect their family members work there and their friends. It’s sad.
Pros
Cons
For you to find out. All the best.
I work for agency in housekeeping departments. Hotel is very to work in.There is good communication among departments and the hotel offers five star services and welcome the diverse guest from globe.
Worst nightmare. Management was so poor and did not think about its employees. I had to work 10-12 hours a day to finish the workload and only got paid for 7.5 hours. Left the job because it became unbearable.
Excellent company to work with. Life work balance and better work and career opportunities. Excellent working as a team and feel valued. You have all the necessary work equipment to be an effective staff.
great company to work with. great managemnet skills and very renowned company. worked for almist 12 years in 3 different countries with the same company.
I was employed by Marriott for 13 years. During that time I undertook training at various levels. Marriott look after their staff to ensure the staff look after the guests. Good staff discounts regarding meals & accommodation.
Depending on the job I did we started at different times,it was either cleaning rooms, cleaning public areas of the hotel, collecting Laundry from guest rooms and sending them out to the dry cleaners and putting them back in the rooms when they came back, wash and Iron some staff uniforms, delivering linen to the floors collecting the dirty linen and ready to be picked up in the morning for the outside laundry to collect Management were very fair to all staff, they new every ones names, from the General Manager to supervisors in all departments. i worked in a multicultural hotel so we were all mindful of the differences and their cultures,The hardest part was starting a new place and the saddest was the day I left, the most enjoyable part was that the hotel was like a family, and the different celebrations we had in the 16 years I was there, I have missed working there in the last 4 years
Everyday is a day o learn something new and to be a brilliant host. Marriott chooses only the best of the best in its area and the company truly invests in its associates.
Ho trovato un bell'ambiente, nonostante il lavoro fosse sostanzialmente solo di parcheggiatore, portiere e usciere. Gran professionalità e regole ferree: dove ho lavorato non erano ammesse barba e capelli lunghi, quindi ogni mattina dovevo farmi la barba con la lametta (il rasoio elettrico non era abbastanza: se pensavano avessi usato solo quello, ti rimandavano indietro con un kit da barba e dovevi farla al momento). Mensa così così, Buon rapporto vita privata - lavoro.
I absolutely loved working for the Marriott in Australia! You got so well looked after! I have to add though, I did a trial at the Marriott in Berlin and it was the complete opposite, so depends on the management of the particular hotel.
Yes the management is okay, i have learnt alot from my previous manager Always busy, even on important events. The hardest job is not actually because your on your feet alot
Marriott management brilliant. Outside hire management needs a bit of updating. Cleaning times need to be calculated. King room 1 bed 30min can do but double need to an extra 5 to 10 minutes.
Marriott's core values. Take good care of your employees and the employees will do the same to the guests. The business of Marriott is all about good service. That is why we Always do things with passion. "Make it Brilliant" "Creating personal connections" that is our mantra. Not only for the guest to feel at home but also a good way to establish a friendly relationship towards fellow employee
Management keeps on changing, no job stability, no proper training, they do not even provide induction, and even after the bad training you try your best they just blame everything on you even if it is not your fault. if their was below 1 star I will give it to them.
Pros
Cons
everything
fantastic work experience, you will able to meet a lot of people from around the world and learn a lot of thing. friendly staff and nice work environment
working in the Marriot resort and spa was just out of this world best crew first summer working here was super busy wee smashed all the targets, we where a big family having work and staff parties days out to the local day out to blackhops.
Pros
cheap lunches
I've learnt a lot from Marriott team. I love the job, my co-worker and management team, they do everything to support me to become better. It is the most enjoyable part of my life in Australia.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No break
1.day to my work all the pressured i handle to keep and make balance to my work . 2.I learned a lot in Jw MARRIOTT macau .AND HIOW TO COMMUNICATE PROPERLY TO THE guest . 3.WORK PLACE CULTURE theres nothing problem for me although we are same same and other culture.
Hi dear sir my name is syed Touqeer ul Hassan from Pakistan Azad Kashmir Mierpur I have 3 years experience in Dubai security guard job and hotel bal boy and customer service experience. But this time I don't have job please I want your help with good job in Norway. Thank you so much. 🌹
Pros
Marriott international
Cons
Marriott hotels