Marsh
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Marsh Employee Reviews

Australia10 reviews
This was a friendly place to work and there were many great people around. The pay wasn't so good though. Had a bit too much micromanagement going on from the US, but the Australian management was good. I enjoyed working here.
No direction. Not the best place to work. Pressure to grow the business. Unfavourable management causing stress and hardship. Would never go back there again.
Social life and Marsh culture could really benefit you if you are into Networking..
Marsh is upbeat on technology and hopefully will hire the workforce with skills required for future.. Marsh is really a good place to work..
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Bureaucratic at times and people are difficult, Teams have conflicting interests
Marsh provided access to specific expertise within the group to draw upon with regard to my unique role. There was a high degree of professionalism and access to many various division to assist to assist with role,which was a 4 month contract. These divisions included Mergers & Acquisitions, Financial Lines, Political Risk, Construction, Business Development t and others. Cross Marketing both internally in australis and international was also very much encouraged. There was a great sprit and unity within the group and drive to prove to prove the best customer service tone and all. I very much enjoyed my time at Marsh and was sad to leave when my contract ended howeve, but due employment contracts it could not bye renewed.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Extensive organisation
i enjoyed working for Marsh, it was a little different, but different is good, there was plenty of time for work/life balance. A few perks along the way,
-a busy, intense, service demanding environment - providing a good work,feel satisfaction.
-co-workers great to work with,as a team.

-a lot of potential in working with Marsh in general
A great company to work for with a fantastic culture. I have worked for Marsh Ltd for the past 35 years and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience I have gained.
General organisation of Claims for the TRMF.
Liaising with medico legal professionals, DPP, employer, workers, claims management,
Busy, very busy all day, every day all of which I thrive on.

How to be a top-line insurance broker.

Professional and very supportive.

Friendly, helpful and supportive.

Losing a quote or client to an oposition.

Looking after my client's needs.
Pros
Loved all aspects of the work
Cons
Cannot think of any at this time
As I manage my own portfolio at Marsh I am respobnsible for my own time management to ensure that everything required is completed.
I have day to day service enquiries that I receive from my clients which I need to action in a timely manner.

Every client has a range of insurance policies which usually renew on the same date and leading up to this I need to perform a marketing excercise to ensure that I am providing the best product to my clients at the best price.

This involved building relationships with Insurance Underwriters which the policies are placed with and being able to negotiate the best terms possible.

I then have to deliver these terms back to the client and ensure that they receive the broadest coverage at the most competitive price and that in the event that they require to lodge a claim, they receive the best service possible.

On a day to day basis I need to provide a top level of customer service to each of my clients and ensure they feel like they are my only one.

Perform contract review

Place project insurance policies
Pros
Free lunches, Tickets to tennis, concerts, spring carnival
Cons
Long unpredicatble hours