Mashable
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Mashable Employee Reviews in New York, NY

New York, NY4 reviews
Good place to learn. Not much room for growth. Nice office. Company restructures often, Job security is not promised. If you are right out of school or an intern this is a great place to start and get adjusted to office life.
Pros
Collaborative
Cons
Unqualified managers. "Higher ups" are very out of touch
Pros: Unlimited vacation and stocked kitchen. Also getting to work with fun people.

Con: No job security and lack of ambition. Sinking ship, lots of people are jumping.
Pros
Unlimited vaca and stocked kitchen
Cons
No job security
Productive and fun culture. Would love to work here again in the future if possible. Thumbs up! co workers were lots of fun and helpful.
Mashable has an abundance of people who are willing to help their interns develop, if you are willing to learn. I learned in a very late stage startup environment, so a lot of people know where they see the company in the immediate future. The managers and VPs I worked under knew their stuff. They taught me a lot about the overall spectrum of the media industry and how they tackle specific problems or future ventures. A lot of my co-workers come from the best schools and are some of the most intellectual people I've ever met, as well as the most down to earth people. I really enjoyed the company events that were held every so often because it allowed me, an intern, to meet tons of people in various departments and learn who they were and how they made an impact within the company. Overall it was a great experience.
Pros
Cool stuff happening all the time.
Cons
The position I held could get mundane and monotonous.