Massage Studio
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Massage Studio Employee Reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Best job for a college student

I’ve currently worked here for 7 months now and it is one of the best jobs I’ve ever had. The management here is amazing and is always making sure that everyone feels comfortable and happy. As a college student, they always work with me on my schedule giving me the days i need off. The massage therapist here are very friendly and helpful. The work environment is very family like and i am close with almost everyone there. I don’t plan on leaving anytime soon because I genuinely love it here.

Pros

Staff that cares about you, schedule flexibility

Very Kind Management and Staff

The environment is super warm and friendly. I genuinely enjoy time spent with coworkers. The job does include a lot of cleaning and laundry but it is not anything too unreasonable.

Pros

Friendships with Coworkers

Cons

Communication

I love it here!

For the first time in my life I’m actually excited to go to work! Management is always present and the entire team is like a family! They really care and take the time to get to know each individual person!

Pros

Amazing management, consistent schedules, weekend day off.

The Team! Atmosphere! Great guests!

I’ve worked here as an LMT for just over 5 years. The management is solid and available. Our needs are addressed and I feel completely respected and supported. They care about us and it shows. We’re busy and I like that. The spa is large, clean and organized. Management is hands on and they surprise us with food and treats which is pretty cool. We are located in an affluent area and we get great guests and really good tips. It’s easy to build a following here and your schedule stays steady. Great co workers too.

Pros

They offer Tela-Med and Supplemental Insurance including Disability.

Cons

Can’t think of any

Busy

I've only been working here for a few months but I almost always have a full schedule and have even picked up a few regulars and they try and cater the clientele toward your preferred style of massage.

Great Place to Work

I love working at Massage Studio. My coworkers are helpful and fun and the guests that come in are really great. I feel like management really listens and care about their employees.

A fabulous place to work!

I love working at Massage Studio! The workplace culture is awesome, as it has a very 'family feel' and all the employees genuinely care about each other. Management is also awesome, willing to work around any issues you may have and always checking in to make sure you are doing okay. If you are looking for a positive environment where you can thrive, then this is a great fit for you!! Oh, and the complementary monthly massage doesn't hurt either!

Pros

Free Massage, Positive environment, Killer holiday party

Outstanding studio

Working at Massage Studio has been amazing! I have never met such a caring/loving team. Management works so well with your schedule and they are willing to help in anyway possible! Massage Studio brings an experience that you won't forget. I have grown and learned so much from the people I encounter each day.

Pros

supportive team, great management, training

They actually care

The difference is in all of the details. I was proud to work here. Not only because of the brand and proven successful business structure but because the entire team seemed to care about all of us...from the front desk, management, to the owner. Everyone is involved. It wasn’t just a job. We were more like a family. We were very busy too which is great in this industry. No one just sits around

Pros

Great tips, affluent area, gorgeous spa

Cons

I had to move :(

Great Work Environment with Wonderful Co-Workers

I've worked at Massage Studio for 3.5 years now and I have no plans on leaving. The entire management team is very present and available even beyond their in-studio work hours. The massage therapists and guest coordinators are professional, friendly, and helpful. Even better is how present the owner is. I've never worked somewhere in which the owner of the company was not only hands on, but also willing to take the time to get to know every employee on a personal level. I can't recommend working here enough!

Pros

Work culture, brand culture, flexibility, and caring management

Cons

Nothing comes to mind

Beautiful Busy Spa!

The Studio was my first job right out of school. I appreciated their training that they didn’t just toss you on schedule. They gave me a detailed tour so I would know where everything is on my first day! Friendly supportive coworkers who helped me with things I forgot! We worked together to keep our massage rooms and break room clean! Growing small business we work together! They supplied us with everything we needed from the cream/oil to hydraulic tables and heating pads! I found it was time for me to spread my wings and try new things but they left the door opened for me to return! I will always appreciate massage studio!

Great Vibe, Great Team!

Massage Studio is a place of growth. I’ve learned and grown so much with the Studio. Not only as an LMT but as a person. Great vibe, great team, great clients (guests). Management is devoted to the Studio - always striving for excellence. They have an open door policy - always ready to listen to their employees and help! They provide great training in building our skills and confidence.

Pros

Training, Co-Workers, Guests (Clients), Management

Alot of stress and pressure

Lack of training I was handed a massage studio with zero training and zero knowledge if it wasn't for the help of the massage therapists I wouldn't of made it a year

Amazing!

I love being part of the Massage Studio Family. From the Owner to the front desk staff everyone is wonderful, including the guest! I started out at the front desk while in massage therapy school and then went to on to interview and became a massage therapist. You are required to help out to help keep the break room clean to do laundry but who doesn't want to work in a clean environment? When it comes to scheduling you don't have to worry about marketing yourself to get your schedule booked because it's always busy and the front desk does an amazing job of making sure everyone gets booked. Management always has your back and has an open door policy and they work with you when it comes to your schedule. I love going to work and I'm thrilled to be part of the staff.

Pros

Free Monthly massage, work environment and management

Great Place To Work!

Loved working at Massage Studio! Management was very encouraging and helpful through out my time with the company. The owner was very involved with the business. All my co workers were extremely nice and helpful too! The studio had an amazing vibe and I truly loved my time working there and would have continued to stay If I didn't move out of state!

Great for clients, horrible for therapists

I should have known better when several of my clients asked me for my contact info because they wanted a consistent therapist. The management spends more time gossiping than managing. They hold grudges and never address issues unless it behooves them. My fellow therapists were fantastic, the spa is gorgeous and the front desk staff are lovely. Management and ownership is where the problem is. Don’t waste your time here unless you are desperate for c money

Mcdonalds of the Spa industry

They do not believe in time off; your schedule is set for the year. So if it is January and you have a vacation in October that you are requesting time off for, you need to find coverage or else you are responsible for your shift. Over all lack of care for their employees. No work life balance, they call/ text every day to ask you to pick up shifts. Over heard mangers talking about ways to get therapist to do more massages in a day. They will remove breaks without asking (sometimes while you are in session) so you have for example 6 deep tissues in a row with no break (has happened to me multiple times and at least 3 other co-workers that I am aware of). Have also had clients pulled from my schedule a spread among other therapists when slow, was told because of seniority they shouldn't have been booked with me in the first place. Went from coming in for a full schedule to only 2 clients in an 8hr shift. Also if you have no one on your schedule they will force you to sit around for your whole shift regardless in case of walk ins (which are few and far between in most of my personal experience not worth the lost hours). Don't let them fool you, I later found out this is ILLEGAL if you are not getting paid for those hours you are not obligated to stay. They will try to trick you with the "guarantee" (which by the way is minimum wage for hours worked). Hours are calculated by the WEEK not day. So if your massages+tips are already more that what you would make at minimum wage for the week than you are sitting for free. They change their employee polices almost every month. I was -

Not a good place to work overall

You’re paid on commission, so only when you do a massage, in between, you’re not getting paid, if you’re not booked. The management is not good. You have to find your own time off. Co-workers won’t work for you or are already working that day. You’re constantly asked to come in on your day off to work. The turnover rate is high. Pay isn’t good for the amount of work. In between massages, you have to do laundry, and mop floors. And you’re not being paid for doing so. Finally, it doesn’t offer any benefits (no health insurance; or CEU)

Pros

Free massage a month

Cons

Everything else

You wont stay here long...

If you're coming out of massage school, this is a good place to get your feet wet. Everything is provided for you: sheets, creams, oils. You have access to hydraulic tables, an online platform to do your SOAP notes, a wide spectrum in clientele, not to mention, 15 minutes between clients. Also, you receive a complimentary hour massage per month to take care of yourself. So, in that sense its a rather relaxed atmosphere. What messes with this is management: passive aggressive, inconsistent with upholding policies, and unprofessionalism. Due to massage supplies being provided, management feels employees should be "grateful" for a job, furthermore, being paid at a starting wage of $15/hr. Management doesn't confront issues head on but would rather deal with it by micromanaging the rest of the staff. And time off? Good luck trying to find a co-worker to cover for you. The staff is overworked and the last thing they want to do is come in on their day off to work your shift. You'll be fighting teeth and nails. The best part at Massage Studio were the co-workers and clients. Co-workers are extremely cooperative, down to earth, knowledgeable, and funny. This is really important, because you're in the trenches with these people and makes your day that much better. The worst part is management. They'll text you on your day off to talk about work, there's no off switch. I sincerely believe this place could be great if management took the time to better themselves and their management styles because right now its mediocre, at best. I wouldn't recommend this place if you're more -

Pros

Different clientele, co-workers, good starting point

Cons

Management, no real work-life balance, difficult getting time off

Fun co-workers and gorgeous spa

Lack of; advancement, pay increase/bonus, benefits. Everything else about the place is great. It's definitely a good place to start out your massage career and gain valuable experience.

Negative work environment and horrible owner

The turnover rate here is astronomical and a direct correlation to the pay. No one stays due to the owner who has no salon/ spa experience. Pretty building and that’s it... its just pretty. Start here and get experience if you just graduated.

Pros

Cons

No healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massage Studio. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Massage Studio
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?