Mastercard

11: Mastercard Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Competitive management team

Immediate team and the manager made it a great place to work in, unfortunately the organisation structure was not fixed. Conflicts between management resulted in issues downline.

Manager was a bully

Manager was a bully and had no clue what she was doing. She would yell and carry on like an idiot. She had unrealistic expectations and would encourage taking shortcuts that were actually illegal.

Pros

The actual work was fairly easy to do

Cons

Overtime pay was shocking

unprofessional management

very poor culture and treat contract staff poorly did not even invite contract staff to xmas party. I was put off just before xmas and lied to by management.

Fun work environment

Fantastic global company to work for. Hours were great and gave a good work/social life balance. Was able to progress quickly and coaching and guidance in the role was always available. Developed skills to a stronger level than I had before while also learning new skills and programs.

Pros

Great staff to work with

Cons

no cons

World leader in Payments space and Technology Innovations

Mastercard is a world leader in Payments space, quickly expanding in B2C faster payments and other alternative payments areas. Mastercard is investing heavily in innovations which lay the foundation for future of payments. Technology delivery processes are well defined. Employee benefits are some of the best in the industry. Overall, it is a great place to learn and get an exposure to work on global scale products.

Great working place

Great working location, great company, prestige projects and international exposure. Enjoyed delivering large program of work in collaboration with senior stakeholders

Pros

Excellent brand name

Work Experience Trainee

It was the same everyday but we used agile methods to work on the projects given to use in the week time. I have learned most about Atlassian software and other coding language like c+ and java.

Pros

Free Confectionery Drinks

Cons

More work time

Being Global company provides career opportunities across the World

Being a big company provides the opportunity to move around and increase experience. Hardest part of getting anything done, it took a long time due to number of steps and processes in place. Keeps you on your toes when it comes to people management, good mix of people from diverse background.

great place to work

Tetra Pak is the best company I worked for, very good people, family company, nice values, excelent benefits, work life balance and career development!

Mastercard only took over Pinpoint Travel July 2013

Fantastic workplace, amazing team ethic, supportive Management... I worked for a privately owned Wholesale Travel Company before MasterCard bought us in July 2013, it was business as usual not a lot changed in regards to the take over however a lot before I left but there was change in the air. Work was fun to come to, the people I worked with became my family away from family. We spent time with each other outside of work as well, very strong bond between the team members. I had the opportunity to learn a lot & also was given free reign to work on my own unsupervised which also gave me a great way to develop my skills and build a fantastic rapport with my regular agents. In the end it was very sad to leave my fellow team members, team leader & the agents I spoke with every day.

Pros

Team bond

Cons

Long way from home, travel time over an hour

The MasterCard Melbourne office was a fun, close-knit family of <10 staff members who were committed and high-performing.

As a Contractor, I was made to feel welcomed by the Full-Time staff and information was openly shared at the regular Team Meetings. Everyone displayed a genuine interest in what their colleagues were working on and communication was always open and candid. As the MasterCard organisational structure is relatively linear, initiatives were quick to get off the ground and momentum was quickly gained while collaborating with supporting teams. The organisation is fast-paced and challenging with a strong focus to deliver quality projects within a tight time frame. However, your efforts are acknowledged and your peers/management are consistently supportive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mastercard. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Learn about Mastercard in popular locations

• Mastercard