Mastercard
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Mastercard Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews
Fantastic global company to work for. Hours were great and gave a good work/social life balance. Was able to progress quickly and coaching and guidance in the role was always available.

Developed skills to a stronger level than I had before while also learning new skills and programs.
Pros
Great staff to work with
Cons
no cons
Immediate team and the manager made it a great place to work in, unfortunately the organisation structure was not fixed. Conflicts between management resulted in issues downline.
Manager was a bully and had no clue what she was doing. She would yell and carry on like an idiot. She had unrealistic expectations and would encourage taking shortcuts that were actually illegal.
Pros
The actual work was fairly easy to do
Cons
Overtime pay was shocking
very poor culture and treat contract staff poorly did not even invite contract staff to xmas party. I was put off just before xmas and lied to by management.
Mastercard is a world leader in Payments space, quickly expanding in B2C faster payments and other alternative payments areas.
Mastercard is investing heavily in innovations which lay the foundation for future of payments.

Technology delivery processes are well defined.

Employee benefits are some of the best in the industry.

Overall, it is a great place to learn and get an exposure to work on global scale products.
Great working location, great company, prestige projects and international exposure.
Enjoyed delivering large program of work in collaboration with senior stakeholders
Pros
Excellent brand name
Cons
It was the same everyday but we used agile methods to work on the projects given to use in the week time. I have learned most about Atlassian software and other coding language like c+ and java.
Pros
Free Confectionery Drinks
Cons
More work time
Being a big company provides the opportunity to move around and increase experience.

Hardest part of getting anything done, it took a long time due to number of steps and processes in place.

Keeps you on your toes when it comes to people management, good mix of people from diverse background.
Tetra Pak is the best company I worked for, very good people, family company, nice values, excelent benefits, work life balance and career development!
Fantastic workplace, amazing team ethic, supportive Management...

I worked for a privately owned Wholesale Travel Company before MasterCard bought us in July 2013, it was business as usual not a lot changed in regards to the take over however a lot before I left but there was change in the air.

Work was fun to come to, the people I worked with became my family away from family. We spent time with each other outside of work as well, very strong bond between the team members.

I had the opportunity to learn a lot & also was given free reign to work on my own unsupervised which also gave me a great way to develop my skills and build a fantastic rapport with my regular agents. In the end it was very sad to leave my fellow team members, team leader & the agents I spoke with every day.
Pros
Team bond
Cons
Long way from home, travel time over an hour
As a Contractor, I was made to feel welcomed by the Full-Time staff and information was openly shared at the regular Team Meetings. Everyone displayed a genuine interest in what their colleagues were working on and communication was always open and candid.

As the MasterCard organisational structure is relatively linear, initiatives were quick to get off the ground and momentum was quickly gained while collaborating with supporting teams.

The organisation is fast-paced and challenging with a strong focus to deliver quality projects within a tight time frame. However, your efforts are acknowledged and your peers/management are consistently supportive.