Mastermyne Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Mastermyne Group Employee Reviews

Australia14 reviews
great management interesting work great friends
great job to learn new and interesting skills underground work can be very challenging but everybody as a role to play and with a great management team and a great work group we overcame some major achievements FIFO was very difficult missed the family and dogs pay was good and have made some great friends
Pros
good pay great friendships
Cons
Fifo
Excellent
Great People, Great culture, Fast Paced, Management needed restructure, overtime was expected, uniforms were supplied but had to buy your own from there on after
having a wet mess at the camp
After a long 12hour day at work, it was great to be able to go back to camp have a cold drink and play pool, darts or table tennis and mingle with the other workers while not at work.
Pros
Awesome salary
Cons
being away from my family
Bunch of thieves
Worst paying contractor in Illawarra. Promised workers that they were guaranteed work when new contract secured, did not inform that this was on the proviso they accept and sign a contract that was around $15000 a year less for 40 hour week day night shift than pay originally - liars and grubs. This contract triggered nearly all current workers to refuse to sign and walk away. If you have any sense you will realise all you will ever get from this mob is deceipt and continually lowered pay and conditions.
Pros
Cons
Lies, deceipt, contempt of workers and lowest pay of all mine contractors.
Good place to do an apprenticeship
Great workshop to do and apprenticeship in have a big variety of equipment so you are able to get knowledge on many machines, supervisors and management are great.
Pros
8 hr days
good company
coal mining company, 12 hour shifts, good team to work with, hard job with good benefits and salary with good management. have gained great experience with machinery and safety.
wide range of skills learnt.
Learning about the coal mining environment, processes and machinery.
Facing challenges everyday, and approaching them with a safety focussed attitude.

Hardest parts - temperamental machinery, managing strata conditions..

Most enjoyable - crew mateship and achieving goals as a team and individually. Staying safe in a challenging environment.
12hr shift underground
arrive for work 30 mins early, ensure all correct ppe is on myself, attend pre-shift meeting with mine manage and discussing any safety concerns, then break off into a development meeting, given an overview of work to be done for the shift, I worked with employees of the mine. the hardest part of the job was the dust and the heat. the most enjoyable part of the job was ending the day knowing I had completed my jobs safely according to site rules
Pros
camp facilities
Cons
12 hr shifts
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mastermyne Group?
Promise but dont deliver
Pay below standard of others on same sites.
Had to work overtime and extra shift without penalty rates. Left on good terms , recently reapplied but was lied to and never contacted as promised.
Pros
Was made permanent straight away
Cons
Low wage compared to minimum standard
not for everyone
coal mining for a contractor quite a rollercoaster ride as our jobs are being cut alot earlier then we were previously told.equall time rosters are great most workers get along as well as management.Typical day at work is dirty,wet and hot.
Poor management communication at times
Good employees to work with, excellent roster, enjoyed development roll.
Pros
job security
Cons
underpaid for industry standard
Safe workplace
I enjoyed fabricating the jobs.

I learnt that the head office in Queensland only look at figures in a financial sense and they chew and spit workers out. Quite a few of us were made redundant on Friday the 5th of October 2012.
Poor work culture
Poor workplace habits
Not interested in cost efficiency except by making half the workstaff

redundant
a great place work
A typical day at work involves building heavy equipment for the under ground coal mines.ive learned a great deal in the time that ive been working there.my fellow co workers are a great team to work with.I find the work at mastermyne very interesting.the best part of the job is seeing the finished product being sent out to the mines.
Pros
bbq's every month
Cons
reduced working hours due to no in coming in
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mastermyne Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6