MATER PRIVATE HOSPITAL

15: MATER PRIVATE HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Australia15 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Na

I don’t want to put anything as it was what I love doing the company is just not family friendly like they say they do which is disappointing they also have lots of politics with staff

Bad management, favouritism an never give notice when changing rosters

Toxic place an bad management ! Never give notice when changing rosters ! ExpectYou to come on your days off when you’ve worked more then contracted hours

Pros

Cons

Bad management

Good place for learning nursing skills

I was a student and did my placement in the Mater Hospital. It is a good hospital for the nursing student to learn skills. It is also an ideal place for the future nursing job.

Friendly staff

Good place to work. I would recommend this job to anyone wanting to get into the food industry. Hours were flexible, onsite training was well organised.

Toxic/pressured to do overtime/

Enjoyed most of my 10yrs at the Mater but the culture was becomingm quite toxic, also staff asked to work more and more overtime. When In Charge had to still have a patient load and deal with any problems which arose during the shift. Felt pressured into doing so, as I know there is a shortage of Midwives. Would not work there again and also I’d like to work in a different area.

Pros

Able to work shifts requested.

Cons

Some staff toxic and becoming increasingly so. Increasing work load.

Great place to work, learnt a lot.

Overall enjoyed my time there over the years , best part the friends you aquire and the worst lots of on call. Could have more equaility in that those with children given time off during all schol holidays including christmas where as us mature aged were forgotten as we also ave grandchildren we wish to see at these times also. This goes the same with the oncall .

Pros

Great q.Super

Cons

Lots of on call.

Productive and fun place to work

I enjoyed my time immensely working on the Medical ward at the Mater Private hospital. My NUM in charge was amazing and very supportive. always pushing me to go further and advance my skills.

Nice place to work

NICE PLACE TO WORK, most of the staff are really great to work with. excellent team work. Has got really good work life balance. expensive parking and not being able to finish on time due to extra load.

Cons

expensive parking

Gerencia Extremamente isntavel

Mudança constante de gerencia de enfermagem. Instabilidade aos funcionários, elevado grau de estresse e insatisfação. Extrema cobrança e foque aos gastos da empresa

Ok work place

Working at Matar Private was ok to work at..although there could be aome changes made as communication with staff is poor. Other than that i took away with great experience and met alot of wonderful people

Excellent workplace - be prepared to work hard

Cleaning at Mater Private Hospital was great experience and everyone including the manager, supervisor and other staff are very friendly and welcoming. Ideal for someone who can work full time hours, employed as either a casual or full time employee. Expect to work hard in day shifts. Afternoon shifts can be quieter at times but can also get very busy depending on how many discharges there are. Anyone could work here. Great workplace culture.

Great work

Great memories and great people to work for, unfortunately, my increasing family duties let me with not chance but to quick. still have many friends that I kept since I left and which I frequently visit.

Pros

Accesable by bus

Cons

earlier morning starts

Multicultural working environment

Mater Private Hospital has a very multicultural working environment more so that previous workplaces. I enjoy the benefits of working with different individuals from different culture because it allows me to learn more about others and their cultures as well. Probably the hardest part of the job is communication due to the language barriers and expectations. A day at Mater is exuberant, simply because everyone is friendly and the management did a wonderful job in creating a well balanced work environment in most areas.

Pros

Exceptional Care

Cons

Hard to maintain a work/life balance

Professional work envionment.

I have currently been working at my workpalce for the past 12 years. The hardest part of my job is coming into work and seeing very sick patients there ages can very from 15 to over 100 years old. The most enjoyable part of my job is when i seeing these patients get better and eventually leaving the hospital.

Pros

Diverse cultures work in the work place.

Cons

long hours.

Good team environment, personal and professional

I currently work at the Mater, and each day presents different and interesting challenges. I deal with ill patients and their relatives. Much of the day is spent in a receptionist role: answering enquiries, filing, talking with patients and so on. I enjoy putting nervous patients at ease and dealing with the public. The most difficult part is admitting terminally ill patients. Working as a team is encouraged, and I believe that I work well with my colleagues.

Pros

salary packaging

Cons

long commute to/from work, shift work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MATER PRIVATE HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare MATER PRIVATE HOSPITAL with

• MATER PRIVATE HOSPITAL
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?