Mathers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Mathers Employee Reviews

Australia18 reviews
Mathers looked after their staff the hours are good the pay great the discount wonderful The company was awesome to work for will do again if I get the chance
Benefits
Cons
Lots of shifts if your under 21. Management may seem nice but they have no power over own store. Area mangers change & cut shifts in a bid to save money. Fees increased for parking in a Westfield shopping centre. You think you have a decent shift then it gets cut and your whole day wasted. Used to be positive environment now stressed competitive staff. Only take account of customers that take time to email head of company. Hard to move up in company- money & KPI driven.
It was a wonderful atmosphere to work in. The management was excellent. The culture within the shop was kind and caring. Everyone is so supportive. There is always a lot of product to sell and it is a great learning environment.
Pros
50% staff discount for shoes
Cons
More product training would've been helpful
Good entry level job that provided a good introduction to the fast-paced nature of other jobs and workplace cultures. However, more-often than not it was quiet and I often found myself bored on my feet.
Good. Did not love working in a big centre - Westfield Carindale. but overall - Most of the team were lovely and customers were nice. Good pay - thats a plus!
was relaxed and comfortable to work at, i was able to be a part of a team but still strive for excellence on my own. dealing with feet obviously wasnt great but being able to interact with happy genuine customers was a highlight.
The best job always friendly staff and understanding in any situation Was always happy to show up to work and cover shifts for anyone. Would love to work there again.
Pros
Friendly staff, awsome customers
i enjoy it
customers can be challenging

unpacking stic isnt great

i enjoy talking to other team mates

can be hard but easy also............................
The staff were amazing. Everyone knew exactly what their job role was and was held accountable to that. Management ran the store very well and people were happy to come to work.
Pros
Staff atmosphere
Cons
rude customers
will never work there again very under staffed and the management was bad the job overall was not pleasant forced to do the work of 2 people a lot never again
Pros
nothing
Cons
very long days
1) My typical day is making sure that the store open on time and that every customers leaves happy and that the jobs are getting done by myself or my staff as a team effort and that everyone goes home safe.
My day began with greeting colleagues and preparing for the day by tidying display shelves and checking on new stock, Serving customers, finding shoes if not available by phoning other stores. I enjoyed working with new and familiar customers and colleagues but found it difficult and less enjoyable at sales time when there are many shoes displayed and many, many people. I enjoyed the floor work of physically selling shoes but also the office duties of liaising with other stores to ensuring that the stock was delivered and accessible. After being promoted to full time office work I was able to gain more skills in seeing how the sales on a broader scale work.
Pros
Working with a variety of people and learning new skills.
Cons
Busy sales times.
Working in a fun environment with great team members and management. You're able to grow and learn new things all the time. The most rewarding thing is being able to help customers!
Listening to customers needs and delivering great customer service
I learnt day to day running the store and a 2IC roll

My Manager was the best boss/ person you could ever work for.

The team were fun and fantastic

The hardest thing would have been leaving my manager and team to take on my own roll as a store manger in our sister store

Learning new skill and progressing in the company.
Pros
Great shoes at a good discount
Cons
no bonuses
Great to work for, Awesome customer service, Super friendly staff, Wonderful benefits, Fun incentives and an enjoyable environment.
Putting float in the till and signing the diary. Checking the daily budget and jobs that have to be done.
Logging onto the computer and checking and actioning emails. Ensuring that the shop is clean and tidy and all the shelves are full and clean.

Open the shop and pull tables to the shop front.

Serving customers and getting the right fit of shoe for their foot. Or the correct type of shoe for them.

Learning new things on the computer everyday off other staff members. And enjoying what we were doing but still getting the job done. My co-workers were great to work with as we all knew what to do and what had to be done to keep the customers happy.

The hardest part is not being able to help a customer with what they need. ( Customers with larger or really small feet.)

The thing I liked the most was the customer interactions. I enjoyed talking to the customers especially the older customers and seeing them smile and happy. And serving the mums and kids making the mum's relax and have a seat while I fit their children.
Pros
Staff discount, friendly co-workers
Cons
Working most weekends
i open and close store ,did the banking ,answer the phone ,used eftpos ,customer service , i would still be there but the store closed down i like to work as a team and can also work supervisor
Pros
i enjoy service customers
Cons
closed down
Found the staff fantastic to work with and had a great management to call on when needed.
Pros
disscount on shoes and its sister companies.
Cons
working nights and weekends