Mattress Firm
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Mattress Firm:

Mattress Firm Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,224 reviews
I was hires as a Manager, then the company claimed bankruptcy. If you were hired with in the past 90 days you were demoted to part time hourly. This is after completing the Manager Training Program. I was move from salary to part time hourly.
I am reliable and a hard work give u a hundred everyday and we always be on time and you won't have to worry about me as much because I didn't already been working there so I basically know the routine
Most store managers are fairly compensated but with only two employees per store, the work life/balance is horrible. Work every weekend, cover every sick day of someone else. No overtime as it is commissioned based.
The hours are long and holidays are always required. The bonus structure can be good if in management but there’s always so many changes which makes it extremely stressful. Sometimes can be micro management. I’ve been here for 5 years and it’s gets worse each year with pay.
Pros
If you can sell pay is good
Cons
The hours and you’re alone most of the time so it can get boring
Lousy hours, no advancement opportunities, horrendous pay, overpriced products, clueless senior management, and incredibly tedious and boring. Other than that, it's a great place to work.
Cons
Same as above, it was a great job I really enjoyed working in that field. Just had some other co workers wanted to be the manager instead of playing there position.overall I say it was a very great company.
Pros
enjoyed the experience.
Cons
I wish it was manage a lot better.
What is there to say about this company? Management is dishonest (as well as a revolving door of district managers), constantly changing strategies, even more constantly changing pay plan.
Pros
Some coworkers are good people
Cons
Everything else
Was working alone my very first week, and whenever I had a question or needed support on a transaction question, they were there every step of the way!
I can only say good things about this company. I worked for them for a very short time. They did a fantastic job with training, communication and company culture.
Pros
Great training and culture
Cons
Only one or two people per store so hour are long
The ability to sale sleepsystems is intricately connected to your paycheck. Many days of single salesperson in stores. Potential to be bored if you allow yourself to be
Pros
Sales equal paycheck
Cons
Long times of potential boredom and long hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mattress Firm?
Hours often drag especially on slow days. Plenty of potential for growth financially and professionally. If you are familiar with retail/sales it is a great place and environment.
I’m not the biggest fan of this company. It’s a bit stressful and it’s only mattresses. I feel like the management take it a little too seriously
No help............ low pay for the hours and overall Strenuous and hard work you do......no real management Ppl constantly quit so no one to really train you and you wait four weeks before You get your first check No benefits at all and they expect Monday-Sunday work and the you normally work 12-14 plus.......check around this is no joke Lol
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Everything else
Awesome place to work at! Management is fare, encourage to learn more teach you about computer program how to place orders. They want you to learn more and progress
Pros
Great team enviroment
Cons
You have independence and are given the tools and help to succeed.
Compensation is good and they do offer flexibilty to go to school if you want to be a part timer.

Pros
Commission based and working conditions are safe.
Cons
Working holidays with long hours
A typical work day was 11 hours. Most of the time by yourself. They also provide a lot of online training. The hardest part was that you work every weekend. However there is always room to move up in to management.
Cons
Work/life balance
I enjoyed working for Mattress firm. We had a good group of salespeople, I learned a lot from them. And the money was good in the beginning.
The bad thing was, they didn't respect their employees, for example, they gave a two-week schedule with one day notice. I had no way to plan for doctor appointments or social events. They consistently decreased our benefits and commissions, and the work hours were long. Often, they didn't have enough employees to cover the stores: they called on your off hours to ask if you could work.
Great company, great people, good opportunities. Competative salary and a family dynamic. Must be a self starter because you mostly will work alone each day.
Pros
Good commission and people
Cons
10 hour days
There is enough training but I felt there was too much. With all companies they can be short handed but this store has no where near enough employees. I wanted to sell mattresses but it got old. Wasn't for me. As I've a lot of people don't like working here. I feel it's mattress sales complicated.
Pros
Commission, retail experience.
Cons
Depending longer hours, excessive training, no lunch
You work 10 hour days, and may or may not see guests. We had wiggle room with pricing, and the market was so oversaturated with mattress stores that you're constantly under cut by competition, which is often Mattress Firm.
Pros
Steady job, trying out beds.
Cons
Long hours, not a lot of support, inconsistent commission.
This is the worst company I’ve ever had the misfortune of working for. They promote incompetent people based on favoritism and cover their inabilities to make everyone look good. They would rather be sued than follow basic labor laws.
Pros
Cons
Upper management promotes on favoritism and gender only
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mattress Firm. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6