Maui Jim Sunglasses Employee Reviews

Good company...coworkes would cut you to make their quota!!
Fullfilment Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL26 January 2019
Benefits are good. That's about it. Pay is not good enough for what you would put up with. No advancement. Cliques are everywhere. Management turns a blind eye to people getting treated badly by their coworkers. If there is a quota to meet...people would get theirs and leave you stuck with the hard stuff do.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Management and people
Successful company with a loose, ill defined corporate objective
Senior Director (Vice President) (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL8 July 2018
Most days were mundane and focused on daily operations. Corporate objectives loosely defined and not expressed clearly across the company which causes confusion and individual agenda. Company made up of long term associates focused on daily agenda which may or may not be focused on the corporate objectives.
Pros
Low cost of living
Cons
Small town, clickly organization, Resistant to change
relaxing, friendly, and fun place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL19 June 2018
Maui Jim takes of its employees and they are always doing fun things for them, bringing in food, drinks, having little celebrations. Maui Jim is a fast pace work environment, but not stressfull
Great work environment and Friendly People
Repair Technician II (Current Employee) –  Peoria, IL16 December 2017
Maui Jim offers great benefits. If you enjoy a fun culture and lots of parties, this is the place you want to be.

Maui Jim is a fast-growing company that will likely soar over the competition (RayBan, Oakley, Costa) within the next few years.

Fast-paced environment to meet set standards of customer service and satisfaction.

Nice people and fun work environment.
Pros
Free summer lunches, multiple parties, free drinks throughout the year, 75% off sunglasses.
Cons
Can be hard to advance within the company
Awesome place
Summer Temp (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL5 December 2017
I loved working here at Maui Jim. It was a summer temp and they treated us very well i can only imagine how they would have treated me if i were a full-time employee. Their culture is seen throughout the company. They are very laid back but serious as well and know how to have fun while also getting work done.
Pros
discount, great people, fun atmosphere
Cons
monotonous
Great Place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HI30 November 2017
excellent company people are so friendly, Great product. retailers made great margins excellent displays. solid product knowledge. sales meetings in Maui
Pros
Brand Name
Cons
Samples
Productive and fun work place
RX Lab Clerk (Current Employee) –  Peoria, IL19 October 2017
They really do a lot to make sure their employees are taken care of in both financially and in keeping things light and fun. A typical day is all dependent on the work flow and how many orders come in.
Very productive and fun place to work overall.
Rx Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL3 September 2017
I enjoyed working here for the most part, but I didn't feel like there was a lot of career advancement there, so I started looking outside of the company.
Pros
Free food, parties, laid-back mentality there, unlike any other company really
Cons
Shift differential from going to different shifts was $2, so thats a big difference on your paycheck
Amazing
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL31 August 2017
Sit and analyze the sunglasses. I learned everything and anything. Very laid back culture and the hardest part is switching from a high pace to relaxed. Managers are awesome.
Amazing opportunity!!
Corporate Gifts Events Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL20 July 2017
I was able to experience the world and travel with this internship. Maui Jim and their Aloha spirit is contagious and I was so thankful to work with the people I did and love my job every day.
Great product
Sales (Current Employee) –  anonymous17 March 2015
Great product to sell and promote. Some management are in place only because of who they know which is a downfall. Company tends to be very cliquey which is a negative. Compensation is fair- not the highest in the industry but they do cover travel costs, etc. Culture is fun and the company provides generous time off and holidays. There is management in some areas of the company that are crazy and abusive and should not be allowed to get away with what they do but higher ups turn a blind eye since the company is private and doesn't have to answer to share holders.
Pros
fun culture, mostly great people
Cons
cliquey, opportunities to advance are not based on ability but who you know
Great work environment
Lab Engineer (Current Employee) –  Peoria, IL13 December 2014
I've been with Maui Jim for a year and it has been great working for them. When they say they strive for an "Aloha" environment, they mean it. Everyone who works there is generally friendly or at least tries to be. The company offers great benefits and they certainly know how to through a party.
Pros
Free lunches, parties and holiday vacation
Cons
Maui Jim Sunglasses is an awesome company to work for with an great culture
Regional Service/Sales Manager - West Coast Region (Current Employee) –  Peoria, IL7 October 2014
I am the West Coast Regional Service Manager at Maui Jim Sunglasses. I have been with the company for almost 8 years now. Currently I manage 6 service merchandisers throughout the West Coast. Currently I travel 70% on a quarterly basis where I train and coach my employees to build relationships, customer service and selling techniques, leadership skills, product knowledge, merchandising and conflict resolution. I definitely enjoy everyone I work with at Maui Jim. People make a difference and we sell an amazing product that its a win win all around.
Pros
The culture, people I work with and an awesome product that is easy to sell.
Cons
Current Travel requirements - 70% on a quarterly basis
good job with a casual dress code and relaxed atmosphere.
Assembly and Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL25 July 2012
I wish I wasn't a temp hire cause the job atmosphere and dress code and work environment were quite pleasant. It was a relatively stressfree job that had its moments but that was to be expected. The pay was good depending on department which there were many of. It ranged from scientific to marketing and everything in between. They don't hire often but the benefits are reasonable. The more education the better the job placement. Hardest part of the job is if you are in customer service. Lots of perks and rewards and such.
Pros
great place to work.
Cons
hard to get hired on without the specialized skill sets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maui Jim Sunglasses. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2