Maui Jim Sunglasses
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Maui Jim Sunglasses Employee Reviews

If you are looking for a place that can ad fun and excitement to the work day this is the place to be! One of the most employee focused businesses I have ever worked for.
Pros
Casual attire
You’ll succeed if you act fake towards everyone. They laid everyone off and then changed their shifts and pay and said you were forced to resign if you didn’t agree.
Pros
Good benefits and very extra building
Cons
Do not care about employees life outside of work
Relaxed Environment; Not much opportunity for advancement without an applicable degree or connections in department desired to move to. Relaxed environment can be frustrating if you wish to see efficiency improve.
I liked working here because it was a set routine job each day. On Monday shipping would come in, we would un load it in the designated areas. Get sku sheets(labels for the glasses) and work on that sku until you went completely through the box. If they were inspected good you’d put them on the pallet to be sold, if not we would defect them.
Pros
every Wednesday was free lunches provided by the company and 3 breaks through out the day
Cons
I don’t have cons about this job.
Maui Jim is a super fun place to work. Not a whole lot of room to move up in to company you would need to be there at least 5 years to move up. Paid fairly.
Benefits are good. That's about it. Pay is not good enough for what you would put up with. No advancement. Cliques are everywhere. Management turns a blind eye to people getting treated badly by their coworkers. If there is a quota to meet...people would get theirs and leave you stuck with the hard stuff do.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Management and people
Most days were mundane and focused on daily operations. Corporate objectives loosely defined and not expressed clearly across the company which causes confusion and individual agenda. Company made up of long term associates focused on daily agenda which may or may not be focused on the corporate objectives.
Pros
Low cost of living
Cons
Small town, clickly organization, Resistant to change
Maui Jim takes of its employees and they are always doing fun things for them, bringing in food, drinks, having little celebrations. Maui Jim is a fast pace work environment, but not stressfull
Maui Jim offers great benefits. If you enjoy a fun culture and lots of parties, this is the place you want to be.

Maui Jim is a fast-growing company that will likely soar over the competition (RayBan, Oakley, Costa) within the next few years.

Fast-paced environment to meet set standards of customer service and satisfaction.

Nice people and fun work environment.
Pros
Free summer lunches, multiple parties, free drinks throughout the year, 75% off sunglasses.
Cons
Can be hard to advance within the company
I loved working here at Maui Jim. It was a summer temp and they treated us very well i can only imagine how they would have treated me if i were a full-time employee. Their culture is seen throughout the company. They are very laid back but serious as well and know how to have fun while also getting work done.
Pros
discount, great people, fun atmosphere
Cons
monotonous
excellent company people are so friendly, Great product. retailers made great margins excellent displays. solid product knowledge. sales meetings in Maui
Pros
Brand Name
Cons
Samples
They really do a lot to make sure their employees are taken care of in both financially and in keeping things light and fun. A typical day is all dependent on the work flow and how many orders come in.
I enjoyed working here for the most part, but I didn't feel like there was a lot of career advancement there, so I started looking outside of the company.
Pros
Free food, parties, laid-back mentality there, unlike any other company really
Cons
Shift differential from going to different shifts was $2, so thats a big difference on your paycheck
Sit and analyze the sunglasses. I learned everything and anything. Very laid back culture and the hardest part is switching from a high pace to relaxed. Managers are awesome.
I was able to experience the world and travel with this internship. Maui Jim and their Aloha spirit is contagious and I was so thankful to work with the people I did and love my job every day.
Great product to sell and promote. Some management are in place only because of who they know which is a downfall. Company tends to be very cliquey which is a negative. Compensation is fair- not the highest in the industry but they do cover travel costs, etc. Culture is fun and the company provides generous time off and holidays. There is management in some areas of the company that are crazy and abusive and should not be allowed to get away with what they do but higher ups turn a blind eye since the company is private and doesn't have to answer to share holders.
Pros
fun culture, mostly great people
Cons
cliquey, opportunities to advance are not based on ability but who you know
I've been with Maui Jim for a year and it has been great working for them. When they say they strive for an "Aloha" environment, they mean it. Everyone who works there is generally friendly or at least tries to be. The company offers great benefits and they certainly know how to through a party.
Pros
Free lunches, parties and holiday vacation
Cons
I am the West Coast Regional Service Manager at Maui Jim Sunglasses. I have been with the company for almost 8 years now. Currently I manage 6 service merchandisers throughout the West Coast. Currently I travel 70% on a quarterly basis where I train and coach my employees to build relationships, customer service and selling techniques, leadership skills, product knowledge, merchandising and conflict resolution. I definitely enjoy everyone I work with at Maui Jim. People make a difference and we sell an amazing product that its a win win all around.
Pros
The culture, people I work with and an awesome product that is easy to sell.
Cons
Current Travel requirements - 70% on a quarterly basis
I wish I wasn't a temp hire cause the job atmosphere and dress code and work environment were quite pleasant. It was a relatively stressfree job that had its moments but that was to be expected. The pay was good depending on department which there were many of. It ranged from scientific to marketing and everything in between. They don't hire often but the benefits are reasonable. The more education the better the job placement. Hardest part of the job is if you are in customer service. Lots of perks and rewards and such.
Pros
great place to work.
Cons
hard to get hired on without the specialized skill sets.