Max Solutions
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Max Solutions Employee Reviews

Australia31 reviews
place is not worth working for. a lot of pressure from management to get people of employment benefits without even looking at the problems they face.
I enjoyed my time there but sadly lost my job due to the current economic situation. I did feel valued and part of a team. It will be extremely difficult to obtain alternate employment now
Applied for job and about a week later (after the interview), I had a job offer took about 8 working day from start ,to letter of offer, that's faster processing than some labor hire companies. In hindsight I should have seen this as a major red flag, but anyway.

Once I started I noticed that every single placement consultant was less than 3 months in the job, I asked management about this but they seemed to use generic lies like "Oh we recently promoted all our PC's to management roles due to upscaling", this was later found to be a straight up lie. Honestly, I blame myself for not noticing how many times on Indeed and Seek the role is constantly advertised (and still is to this day).

The job as a placement consultant (PC), was tiring mentally and very very stressful, KPI's were unrealistic and unreachable, as other have said in this review section you get treated badly by management once the honeymoon period wears off. I took a paycut when I started the job but I was assured that "you'll get that 1k monthly bonus if you work hard so don't worry", but as stated before, the upper management sets those KPI's to just unreachable so you'll always just fall just short of your targets and received verbal and written harassment from management as a result. if you hit 80% KPI in a month, you can bet your week's wage that management will set your KPI higher next month.

Cold calling random employers from google or the phone book was a big part of the role, most of the time it was difficult and pointless. It's worth mentioning because you'll be a cold calling monkey A LOT while
 - more...
Culture of bullying
Toxic

Unfriendly stressful place to work

Lack of empathy towards clients and staff

Lack of flexibility eg. 5 minutes late - publicly called out in front of all staff

Result:

Resigned after a week. Management asked me to stay. Issues not addressed. Resigned again after the second week.
Poor management , unrealistic expectations from new employees , unfair and transparency when it comes to work life balance with children. Looking for young staff that have no outside commitments like kids etc. high staff turnover with new management at Springwood Qld office. And poor unorganised training. Unhappy and stressed work environment overall.
Condescending lacking life skills heartless business manager. Only out to impress upper management kpi's absolutly impossable to meet. Empathy dosnt exist with clients no matter what state you work in. Don't work for them I put up and shutup for too long
Pros
Other staff great
Cons
Their pay rate is lower than others in the industry, but their expectations and workload is much higher. They frequently change their processes and forms and then expect everything to be backdated and changed yesterday. Too much stress for most people.
Pros
Friendly professional staff.
Cons
Big workload, often overflowing into the weekend.
I used to be on Centrelink while I was at University and had to attend Max employment appointments. Every 3 months I would have a new consultant come in and take over. I got the vibe there no communication between staff, staff are over worked and short staffed and people don't last very long in the role.

Also, when I did get a graduate role my consultant would harass my new employer. Max Solutions get paid bonuses for how long you remain in your new role. Def not Not For Profit as someone previously mentioned.

I also went for a job interview at max employment city location (despite a bad feeling about working for them). This was the worst interview experience as my interview was at 2PM and the interviewer tells me to sit and she will be with me in a moment, so I sit and wait, 3.30 comes around she still hasn't interviewed me, I walked out and didn't look back. Dodged a bullet there.
The high turn over should say everything. And if you’re lucky, you might even keep your job when they hand out redundancies each September. Very stressful wondering if it will be you and then seeing a colleague being ‘walked’!
The good staff are always the ones to go.
Pros
Colleagues. Made some life long friends.
Cons
KPI driven and redundancies every year.
Great place to work. they help people find jobs. They help unemployed youth and adults get engaged in training, education and employment programs so that they can get involved in the workforce.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Max Solutions?
Understand this, this company is all about profit. It is NOT a Not For Profit organisation so don't expect to put the people you service ahead of the KPI's. Team meeting are brutal if you happen to not reach your targets a particular week. Expect a verbal dressing down in front of the team when that happens. I'm not the only one it happened to.
Management treat you like garbage. They are under the gun too, but still they have the ability to be human if they try. The environment in the office is toxic and full of stress. Push people into anything rather than work through their barriers is the mentality.

There ARE other companies within the industry who can manage KPI's AND the welfare and respect of the client. This company is NOT that one.

Choose another company who actually wants to help clients and provide them with dignity. If you know this industry and how it works, youd understand what I'm saying here. This isn't out of spite. This is really an opportunity to give you an insight into this place and hopefully help you make a choice that gives you a rewarding career that's lasting.
Pros
Bonuses for smashing targets
Cons
Toxic environment. Bad management. KPI driven.
Dealt with Max Solution recruitment team for a job as a client service consultant. It's was honestly one of the most delayed lengthy processes I've gone through. Whenever I will call the recruiter he will not be reachable and I had left multiple messages and none we returned til later in the week. I missed a call and I call straight back but went straight to message bank I tried again and kept trying until I just gave up calling back. Throughout the whole process I was never able to call and speak to the recruiter directly as he was always busy and could never get him on the phone unless he calls me. I was successful in obtaining and interview but then after that i had to begin ringing him about my application and if it succeeded though to the next stage all my phone calls were unanswered and multiple messages left. I waited almost two weeks to get the bad news that I wasn't successful.
Pros
Thinking I had the job.
Cons
Not being given a fair go.
Great teamwork and management. Except for the so-called ergonomic chair of which I experience much unpleasant back pain in with not resolve. It's a shame it was only a contract role, hence I could not put a good result in job security/ advancement field above.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
office furniture
Management care and are improving the place all the time.
Well organised, professional. A lot better than many other places of that type. Most staff enjoy working there.
Pros
on going training
Office politics and in-group behaviour abound due to poor management and lack of teamwork.
Management too busy to manage teams and tackle workflow problems.

Heavy workload and very stressful work environment.

No prior knowledge of meetings due to lack of communication.
Pros
Some colleagues are genuine and trustworthy
Cons
Lack of teamwork and poor management.
I have wasted 3 months of my life, dealing with incompetence and mismanagement.
To be reported and followed up, until the Federal Govt, takes notice .

They do not deserve to take tax payer monies.

Every review is negative.

Wake up Federal government
Pros
Cons
They are abusing tax payers money
Spent 3 years there and saw the Qld senior management change for the worse. Extreme bullying on a regular basis. No support from them, they only care about profit and not staff or job seekers.
Pros
Bonuses if your region performs
Cons
Culture, senior management, lack of access to vehicles to do job
Not people focused at all BM on your case all the time no real job security all about outcomes and star ratings kpi in possible to acheive
Setting job seekers up to fail put in 200% and they still want more very high turnover of staff they wonder why job seekers become abusive, its max's fault. Hope they loose the contract
Pros
there were non
Cons
training modules not factored into timeframes no time for anything
This place works better for you if you are great with admin stuff and a fast learner. Supportive management most of the time, but you got follow the performance guideline to ensure what you are doing lines up with the company's best interest.

It is possible to line the interest of the company up with the clients' interest (job seekers), you just got work smart around it and use the government framework right so that it leads to a win-win situation for every one involved.

Some say it is stressful. But I like it (having said that, I have no family/caring responsibility and prefer to work in a placement with some sort of pressure)
Pros
Job Satifaction for helping clients out and making a postive difference in people's life
Cons
maintaining performace can be a bit challenging sometime
I did enjoy the part of my job helping people, however I didn't enjoy the constant threat of jobs being lost if we didn't perform well.

All the company worries about is ratings and profit. Unfortunately I wasn't able to work till 6pm each day due to having a family. What they expect from you is ludicrous and I barely had time to go to the bathroom!

So much more potential if the extreme pressure to complete everything by deadlines which were not achievable within the time given.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
No work/life balance
Very stressful environment to work in - regular changes in work structure, and workload is too high for the amount of time given to complete tasks. High expectation to quickly adapt to changes with little notice.
Pros
Direct management was supportive
Cons
Poor culture, high turnover of staff
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Max Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.
2.1