Max Solutions
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Max Solutions Employee Reviews

2.6Work–Life Balance

Stay away

place is not worth working for. a lot of pressure from management to get people of employment benefits without even looking at the problems they face.

awesome sports activities.

it was amazing job at Christmas Island, propositional management perfect support to the employees satisfied accommodation transportation many sport activities in the detention center and the compound, amazing colleagues.

Great management!

I have settled in very well at Max Solutions and work with a great bunch of employees. Everyone is so caring and supportive and the business dynamic is fantastic. We have great Management here and i am very happy to be apart of a great team.

Pros

Free coffees, supportive environment, Great banter and laughs in the office.

Cons

Trying your hardest to find Job Seekers work, for them to refuse any form of paid employment.

Great Environment, Supportive Management

Great environment where everyone works together to achieve the results. Management is supportive and motivating. The work itself can be difficult but rewarding and with the team I have has each others back. Management works hard to provide training and growth within the company and there are rewards for those who put in the extra effort. The best part of the job would be supporting the jobseekers after they start work and seeing how employment really can change lives

Pros

The Team Environment, Supportive Management, Team Drinks and Nibbles on Fridays

Cons

Working with jobseekers that don't want to find employment

enjoyable workplace

I enjoyed my time there but sadly lost my job due to the current economic situation. I did feel valued and part of a team. It will be extremely difficult to obtain alternate employment now

High stress, high staff turnover.

Applied for job and about a week later (after the interview), I had a job offer took about 8 working day from start ,to letter of offer, that's faster processing than some labor hire companies. In hindsight I should have seen this as a major red flag, but anyway. Once I started I noticed that every single placement consultant was less than 3 months in the job, I asked management about this but they seemed to use generic lies like "Oh we recently promoted all our PC's to management roles due to upscaling", this was later found to be a straight up lie. Honestly, I blame myself for not noticing how many times on Indeed and Seek the role is constantly advertised (and still is to this day). The job as a placement consultant (PC), was tiring mentally and very very stressful, KPI's were unrealistic and unreachable, as other have said in this review section you get treated badly by management once the honeymoon period wears off. I took a paycut when I started the job but I was assured that "you'll get that 1k monthly bonus if you work hard so don't worry", but as stated before, the upper management sets those KPI's to just unreachable so you'll always just fall just short of your targets and received verbal and written harassment from management as a result. if you hit 80% KPI in a month, you can bet your week's wage that management will set your KPI higher next month. Cold calling random employers from google or the phone book was a big part of the role, most of the time it was difficult and pointless. It's worth mentioning because you'll be a cold calling monkey A LOT while -

Worst work culture ever experienced

Culture of bullying Toxic Unfriendly stressful place to work Lack of empathy towards clients and staff Lack of flexibility eg. 5 minutes late - publicly called out in front of all staff Result: Resigned after a week. Management asked me to stay. Issues not addressed. Resigned again after the second week.

Stressful, poor management

Poor management , unrealistic expectations from new employees , unfair and transparency when it comes to work life balance with children. Looking for young staff that have no outside commitments like kids etc. high staff turnover with new management at Springwood Qld office. And poor unorganised training. Unhappy and stressed work environment overall.

Absolutely toxic management

Condescending lacking life skills heartless business manager. Only out to impress upper management kpi's absolutly impossable to meet. Empathy dosnt exist with clients no matter what state you work in. Don't work for them I put up and shutup for too long

Pros

Other staff great

Cons

Only if you desperately need a job!

Their pay rate is lower than others in the industry, but their expectations and workload is much higher. They frequently change their processes and forms and then expect everything to be backdated and changed yesterday. Too much stress for most people.

Pros

Friendly professional staff.

Cons

Big workload, often overflowing into the weekend.

Terrible

I used to be on Centrelink while I was at University and had to attend Max employment appointments. Every 3 months I would have a new consultant come in and take over. I got the vibe there no communication between staff, staff are over worked and short staffed and people don't last very long in the role. Also, when I did get a graduate role my consultant would harass my new employer. Max Solutions get paid bonuses for how long you remain in your new role. Def not Not For Profit as someone previously mentioned. I also went for a job interview at max employment city location (despite a bad feeling about working for them). This was the worst interview experience as my interview was at 2PM and the interviewer tells me to sit and she will be with me in a moment, so I sit and wait, 3.30 comes around she still hasn't interviewed me, I walked out and didn't look back. Dodged a bullet there.

Toxic corporate team and way too many managers.

The high turn over should say everything. And if you’re lucky, you might even keep your job when they hand out redundancies each September. Very stressful wondering if it will be you and then seeing a colleague being ‘walked’! The good staff are always the ones to go.

Pros

Colleagues. Made some life long friends.

Cons

KPI driven and redundancies every year.

Great corporate culture

Great place to work. they help people find jobs. They help unemployed youth and adults get engaged in training, education and employment programs so that they can get involved in the workforce.

Profits over client help.

Understand this, this company is all about profit. It is NOT a Not For Profit organisation so don't expect to put the people you service ahead of the KPI's. Team meeting are brutal if you happen to not reach your targets a particular week. Expect a verbal dressing down in front of the team when that happens. I'm not the only one it happened to. Management treat you like garbage. They are under the gun too, but still they have the ability to be human if they try. The environment in the office is toxic and full of stress. Push people into anything rather than work through their barriers is the mentality. There ARE other companies within the industry who can manage KPI's AND the welfare and respect of the client. This company is NOT that one. Choose another company who actually wants to help clients and provide them with dignity. If you know this industry and how it works, youd understand what I'm saying here. This isn't out of spite. This is really an opportunity to give you an insight into this place and hopefully help you make a choice that gives you a rewarding career that's lasting.

Pros

Bonuses for smashing targets

Cons

Toxic environment. Bad management. KPI driven.

Recruitment process client placement consultant

Dealt with Max Solution recruitment team for a job as a client service consultant. It's was honestly one of the most delayed lengthy processes I've gone through. Whenever I will call the recruiter he will not be reachable and I had left multiple messages and none we returned til later in the week. I missed a call and I call straight back but went straight to message bank I tried again and kept trying until I just gave up calling back. Throughout the whole process I was never able to call and speak to the recruiter directly as he was always busy and could never get him on the phone unless he calls me. I was successful in obtaining and interview but then after that i had to begin ringing him about my application and if it succeeded though to the next stage all my phone calls were unanswered and multiple messages left. I waited almost two weeks to get the bad news that I wasn't successful.

Pros

Thinking I had the job.

Cons

Not being given a fair go.

Excellent work culture

Great teamwork and management. Except for the so-called ergonomic chair of which I experience much unpleasant back pain in with not resolve. It's a shame it was only a contract role, hence I could not put a good result in job security/ advancement field above.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

office furniture

I regret leaving.

Management care and are improving the place all the time. Well organised, professional. A lot better than many other places of that type. Most staff enjoy working there.

Pros

on going training

Lack of communication and poor management

Office politics and in-group behaviour abound due to poor management and lack of teamwork. Management too busy to manage teams and tackle workflow problems. Heavy workload and very stressful work environment. No prior knowledge of meetings due to lack of communication.

Pros

Some colleagues are genuine and trustworthy

Cons

Lack of teamwork and poor management.

My local Federal Government MP, is hearing from me

I have wasted 3 months of my life, dealing with incompetence and mismanagement. To be reported and followed up, until the Federal Govt, takes notice . They do not deserve to take tax payer monies. Every review is negative. Wake up Federal government

Pros

Cons

They are abusing tax payers money

3 years hard labour

Spent 3 years there and saw the Qld senior management change for the worse. Extreme bullying on a regular basis. No support from them, they only care about profit and not staff or job seekers.

Pros

Bonuses if your region performs

Cons

Culture, senior management, lack of access to vehicles to do job

Toxic environment

Not people focused at all BM on your case all the time no real job security all about outcomes and star ratings kpi in possible to acheive Setting job seekers up to fail put in 200% and they still want more very high turnover of staff they wonder why job seekers become abusive, its max's fault. Hope they loose the contract

Pros

there were non

Cons

training modules not factored into timeframes no time for anything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Max Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4