Max Solutions Employee Reviews

Absolutely toxic management
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tasmania9 February 2019
Condescending lacking life skills heartless business manager. Only out to impress upper management kpi's absolutly impossable to meet. Empathy dosnt exist with clients no matter what state you work in. Don't work for them I put up and shutup for too long
Pros
Other staff great
Terrible
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC6 December 2018
I used to be on Centrelink while I was at University and had to attend Max employment appointments. Every 3 months I would have a new consultant come in and take over. I got the vibe there no communication between staff, staff are over worked and short staffed and people don't last very long in the role.

Also, when I did get a graduate role my consultant would harass my new employer. Max Solutions get paid bonuses for how long you remain in your new role. Def not Not For Profit as someone previously mentioned.

I also went for a job interview at max employment city location (despite a bad feeling about working for them). This was the worst interview experience as my interview was at 2PM and the interviewer tells me to sit and she will be with me in a moment, so I sit and wait, 3.30 comes around she still hasn't interviewed me, I walked out and didn't look back. Dodged a bullet there.
Toxic corporate team and way too many managers.
HR (Former Employee) –  Queensland2 December 2018
The high turn over should say everything. And if you’re lucky, you might even keep your job when they hand out redundancies each September. Very stressful wondering if it will be you and then seeing a colleague being ‘walked’!
The good staff are always the ones to go.
Pros
Colleagues. Made some life long friends.
Cons
KPI driven and redundancies every year.
Great corporate culture
Skills for Education & Employment Trainer/Assessor (Former Employee) –  Marrickville NSW6 November 2018
Great place to work. they help people find jobs. They help unemployed youth and adults get engaged in training, education and employment programs so that they can get involved in the workforce.
Profits over client help.
Employment Consultant Stream 4 (Former Employee) –  Victoria Point QLD6 November 2018
Understand this, this company is all about profit. It is NOT a Not For Profit organisation so don't expect to put the people you service ahead of the KPI's. Team meeting are brutal if you happen to not reach your targets a particular week. Expect a verbal dressing down in front of the team when that happens. I'm not the only one it happened to.
Management treat you like garbage. They are under the gun too, but still they have the ability to be human if they try. The environment in the office is toxic and full of stress. Push people into anything rather than work through their barriers is the mentality.
There ARE other companies within the industry who can manage KPI's AND the welfare and respect of the client. This company is NOT that one.
Choose another company who actually wants to help clients and provide them with dignity. If you know this industry and how it works, youd understand what I'm saying here. This isn't out of spite. This is really an opportunity to give you an insight into this place and hopefully help you make a choice that gives you a rewarding career that's lasting.
Pros
Bonuses for smashing targets
Cons
Toxic environment. Bad management. KPI driven.
Recruitment process client placement consultant
Client Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Springwood QLD20 October 2018
Dealt with Max Solution recruitment team for a job as a client service consultant. It's was honestly one of the most delayed lengthy processes I've gone through. Whenever I will call the recruiter he will not be reachable and I had left multiple messages and none we returned til later in the week. I missed a call and I call straight back but went straight to message bank I tried again and kept trying until I just gave up calling back. Throughout the whole process I was never able to call and speak to the recruiter directly as he was always busy and could never get him on the phone unless he calls me. I was successful in obtaining and interview but then after that i had to begin ringing him about my application and if it succeeded though to the next stage all my phone calls were unanswered and multiple messages left. I waited almost two weeks to get the bad news that I wasn't successful.
Pros
Thinking I had the job.
Cons
Not being given a fair go.
Excellent work culture
Assessment Call Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  Daisy Hill QLD7 July 2018
Great teamwork and management. Except for the so-called ergonomic chair of which I experience much unpleasant back pain in with not resolve. It's a shame it was only a contract role, hence I could not put a good result in job security/ advancement field above.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
office furniture
I regret leaving.
Casual Trainer Assessor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 June 2018
Management care and are improving the place all the time.
Well organised, professional. A lot better than many other places of that type. Most staff enjoy working there.
Pros
on going training
Lack of communication and poor management
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Springwood QLD21 May 2018
Office politics and in-group behaviour abound due to poor management and lack of teamwork.
Management too busy to manage teams and tackle workflow problems.
Heavy workload and very stressful work environment.
No prior knowledge of meetings due to lack of communication.
Pros
Some colleagues are genuine and trustworthy
Cons
Lack of teamwork and poor management.
My local Federal Government MP, is hearing from me
Client (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 April 2018
I have wasted 3 months of my life, dealing with incompetence and mismanagement.
To be reported and followed up, until the Federal Govt, takes notice .
They do not deserve to take tax payer monies.
Every review is negative.
Wake up Federal government
Pros
Cons
They are abusing tax payers money
3 years hard labour
HR (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 March 2018
Spent 3 years there and saw the Qld senior management change for the worse. Extreme bullying on a regular basis. No support from them, they only care about profit and not staff or job seekers.
Pros
Bonuses if your region performs
Cons
Culture, senior management, lack of access to vehicles to do job
Toxic environment
Placement Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS27 March 2018
Not people focused at all BM on your case all the time no real job security all about outcomes and star ratings kpi in possible to acheive
Setting job seekers up to fail put in 200% and they still want more very high turnover of staff they wonder why job seekers become abusive, its max's fault. Hope they loose the contract
Pros
there were non
Cons
training modules not factored into timeframes no time for anything
It is a pretty sweet place to work at if you know what you are doing
Placement Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW26 October 2017
This place works better for you if you are great with admin stuff and a fast learner. Supportive management most of the time, but you got follow the performance guideline to ensure what you are doing lines up with the company's best interest.

It is possible to line the interest of the company up with the clients' interest (job seekers), you just got work smart around it and use the government framework right so that it leads to a win-win situation for every one involved.

Some say it is stressful. But I like it (having said that, I have no family/caring responsibility and prefer to work in a placement with some sort of pressure)
Pros
Job Satifaction for helping clients out and making a postive difference in people's life
Cons
maintaining performace can be a bit challenging sometime
Not recommended unless you have no life
Placement Consultant (Former Employee) –  WA10 July 2017
I did enjoy the part of my job helping people, however I didn't enjoy the constant threat of jobs being lost if we didn't perform well.

All the company worries about is ratings and profit. Unfortunately I wasn't able to work till 6pm each day due to having a family. What they expect from you is ludicrous and I barely had time to go to the bathroom!

So much more potential if the extreme pressure to complete everything by deadlines which were not achievable within the time given.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
No work/life balance
Too many changes
Health (Former Employee) –  NSW20 May 2017
Very stressful environment to work in - regular changes in work structure, and workload is too high for the amount of time given to complete tasks. High expectation to quickly adapt to changes with little notice.
Pros
Direct management was supportive
Cons
Poor culture, high turnover of staff
Horrible culture
Health (Former Employee) –  South east queensland3 May 2017
"If you don't like it, leave" was the message from the GM to a national meeting. Many people left. Huge turnover says everything. Toxic workplace. Bullying. Rude managers. Ineffective practices.
Pros
Regular salary
Enjoyable
Placement Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hobart TAS5 April 2017
MAX Hobart is well managed, organised and client focused business. Care is taken and effort is made to ensure the staff are looked after and rewarded.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
There are challenges, but same everywhere
Poorly run company
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 March 2017
Management and culture worst i have ever worked with. Focus not on clients and pay is terrible. You only progress if your liked and not about your ability to do the job. Do not work here it distroys your sole
Pros
Its a job
Busy, Busy, Busy
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Daisy Hill QLD10 February 2017
The Review of Max Solutions from Natasha Norquay

Hardest part of the job was :
Dealing with aggressive clients

The best part of the job was :
The team environment, the pay rate was good and the management were supportive, but the position was only temporary.
Pros
Pay rate, Team environment, Management, Team support
Cons
Term of employment
Management disorganised
Field Officer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide Hills SA12 December 2016
Stay clear of this company. USA owned and predator in Australia. Seeking Max profit with minimal care for employees. Training rushed with no local support. Management from Brisbane.
Pros
Reasonable pay. Good work colleagues
Cons
Remote management. went from permanent to casual overnight.