McDonald's
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

McDonald's Employee Reviews

Australia8,596 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 8,596 reviews matching the searchSee all 209,906 reviews

Very fast pace

It would be nice to feel secure in your job, however McDonalds in known for it's constant staff turnover. The training is very well done. If you can work WELL under pressure you will thrive working here. It is a great first job as long as you work in a well managed restaurant.

Good place to work during high school

A fast paced, stressful environment wherein aI learnt some value skills such as customer service, time management and effective communication. Uniform was a pain as had to iron multiple times to look presentable yet ended up smelling and being greasy at the end of the shift.

Pros

Forced to learn skills (customer service), good job while in high school

Cons

Stressful, rude customers sometimes

Just Dont

I hated working here. Management couldn't of been worse. They were very inconsiderate of their employees, rostering was erratic and unfair, nobody wanted to fill shifts.

good management, friendly staff, just overworked and underpaid

good management and friendly staff but are taken advantage of being available a lot, since if you aren't they barely give you any shifts. sometimes managers can be a little rude but are mostly helpful. the training is decent but after you mostly have to figure out stuff for yourself and you get a lot of rude feedback from other employees if you stuff up, when you aren't sure how to do something

Pros

good discount, friendly staff, decent training

Cons

long hours, not great pay, lots of pressure to work quickly

Productive, ok

This as my first job was good, but is stressful for someone just starting as your first job. Can be fun at times, but time goes slow sometimes too unlike other jobs.

Great environment

Fast paced, crazy customers but also good customers. Great place to start off. Loved it so much. Some employees are annoyibg house but you ignore those

Very Stressful environment

The job was very fast paced and you have to be really well coordinated. In a day i would usually be making burgers, restocking and sometimes cleaning outfront.

productve

Work was understaffed all the time managers bludged all day in the office but treat the workers horribly and have there own set of rules for themselves.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

stressful

Horrible

I didn't even get the chance to work. I got an interview, and afterwards, I got the job. This was very exciting. Unfortunately, there was a problem with the online account on McDonald's part. The management of this was horrible, they haven't gotten in contact with me for over 2 weeks. When I found out I got the job I stopped looking for other jobs (because I had just gotten one) this meant that when I eventually didn't get shift I had to start looking again and was put back into a disadvantage. The management was ridiculous and unprofessional!

Cons

Work was understaffed all the time managers bludged all day in the office but treat the workers horribly and have there own set of rules for themselves they loved to mingle behind closed office doors and hesitant to help when its busy.

Fun Workplace with Amazing people and Management

From day 1, I was congratulated and appreciated for any efforts I had contributed to my store by managers and other crew members. Everyone helped each other out and was a generally really positive workplace.

Pros

Free Meals, Paid Break + Unpaid Meal Break, Great People

Cons

Some people are hard to get along with, Long Hours

Ok for a first job

It was very, very fast paced, often with many workers on at once (10ish on a average Friday). Good job for teenagers to start out at, but beware that it can get stressful. I wouldn’t recommend staying there, but the pay is ok for teens.

Pros

Sometimes free food

Cons

Managers can be extremely demanding

I'm lovin' it!

never thought I'll unironically enjoy working for Maccas in my life, but here I am! As a crew member for over half a year, I have had a rather positive experience with St Leonards. As a part time employee, my roster is very flexible with my uni time table and am often offered additional hours. The best part about working here is the staff. The majority of the crew and all of the managers are amazing people and we all help eachother out on busy rush hours. The highlight of Maccas for me is doing McCafe as I can romanticise my job a little bit and have some variation. Also, I like packing orders at a high paced rate, it makes you feel very professional. Overall I absolutely love working at McDonalds and it was a great entry into the workforce as someone who didn't start working until after highschool.

Pros

Nice managers, very friendly environment, relatively easy once you master everything!

Cons

Occasional rude customers, minimum wage pay.

Good first job

Good first job through high school, especially if you want to make a bit of cash on the side. Can be very demanding at times in terms of no standing around (even when there's nothing to do) doesn't take to long to get along with everyone. Managers can be a bit of a pain but only some, the others are good and are chill about what you do and will often help you in a calm way.

Pros

free meal when working long hours good pay for a first job

Cons

not a lot of shifts to hand out very demanding and draining

Tough but good starter job

it's hard work but it's good for a first job to take you through highschool and earn a little money on the side, teaches you about the workforce and gives you skills that you will take with you to other jobs

Good as a job while studying, good work-life balance, not boring

This job isn’t boring as it’s usually very busy and fast-paced. Shifts are usually easy as you have lots of other people working together with you. You’re allowed to set your availabilities and roster off for any days you’re unable to work - provides good work-life balance. If you’re working here while at school or studying I’d recommend it as you can get as many or as little hours as you’d like, and you get good work experience.

Great opportunities

Great experience and opportunities. Lots of opportunity to progress and achieve qualifications. Flexibility is great especially with school, uni and having a great work/life balance.

Pros

Breaks, overtime, penalty rates, flexibility

Cons

Poor higher up management, almost no appreciation

Good for a casual job side job to earn extra money

Overall laid back environment and easy job. shifts are consistent and pay isnt too bad. good management as they will listen to you and listen to your request

Pros

Food discounts

Cons

Okay for extra cash, make great friends there

Having the chance to do any shift you want (morning, day, night, overnight) makes it really easy to balance your social life.Managers are usually amazing but watch out for the store managers they are usually the issue. You meet great people while working there.

Terrible plz don't work here :)

The managers are horrible they yell at you and make you feel terrible about yourself. It is hot, noisy and an awful environment. They use you until you literally collapse. They exploit workers and treat them poorly. Some of the other the crew members are amazing and fun to be around which did make it hard to leave. But apart from that everything sucked.

it was eh

my managers were alright the ppl were alrught too some were nice and some felt entilted and were better then everyone else. the interview was easy the hours were short the only pro was 50% off when we worked.

• McDonald's
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?