McDonald's Employee Reviews

Found 3,725 reviews matching the search See all 74,996 reviews
Fun place to work
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC25 May 2019
Great place to work with a well organised team that provide optimal training to get you prepared for serving and helping customers. Team work was a skill that was very well presented and taught, at McDonalds being a team member and not an individual helped the business run at a maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
not enough employers working at the same time
Really nice work teammates, we would always have jokes to say
McDonalds Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 May 2019
Working at McDonald’s was abit pain in da cause the payments wont good n working in the heat making burgers is not my think at all I rather find something like bricklaying which is good for me
Pros
Discounts for food
okay environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Collinswood SA23 May 2019
crew is really lovely but some managers are just plain rude and so judgemental, makes you feel like you're less of a person. not the best environment to be in but overall its okay.
Pros
50% off before and after your shift
Cons
don't get rostered on enough
Great Place to Work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 May 2019
I have learnt a lot from this company. This includes communication skills and how to work as a team. I have met a lot friend that motivate me to always achieve the best in my life.
Good for high school life, bad for afterwards
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  East Maitland NSW23 May 2019
A good first job for high schoolers, after that best go elsewhere. You are treated less like a person and more a tool to be used. Emotional resilience is a must, customers will abuse you.
Pros
meal discount
Cons
everything else
nice place to work
Crew Member - training (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 May 2019
unfair dismissal, you do one thing wrong and they fire you do not work here if you get the opportunity don't take it, you'll just end up on your bottom they don't even know how to train people right
Pros
nothing
Cons
unfair dismissal
great co workers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW22 May 2019
managers need to learn to not talk down to you but the people you meet are amazing and really fin to be around, respectful and really helpful and decently clean
Great
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT22 May 2019
Although I personally did not like working there, it was a great place to start out and they employ really great people. I have made lots of friends ships through McDonalds
strict and unenjoyable place to work.
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 May 2019
McDonalds has been a company that isnt enjoyable to work for. with management being abusive, having favorites and disregarding employee complaints, along with barley caring for the well being and health of employees.
management constantly also punish employees when they call in sick, or cannot make work due to emergencies and a continue to punish them for weeks.
Pros
half price food.
Cons
poor management skills.
Productive and Helpful Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ripley QLD22 May 2019
Working at McDonalds has provided me with important work skills, that always ensures a great experience for all customers and employees. Is very productive with the jobs set out for all crew members and can provide help if needed.
Pros
Discount Meals
Cons
Irregular hours
Beneficial Training with good benefits and balance
Barista and all rounder (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD21 May 2019
Starting out as my first job, McDonald's was great at providing advanced training that I will carry with me for my whole career.
The benefits in comparison to other jobs are amazing. You can write in for time off and not get reprimanded for it, they are very very flexible with hours, the pay is aright although for a multi billion dollar company they could afford to pay their staff more.
Pros
Time off when asked, a lot of freedom within the job
Cons
Heavy time sales to stick to; is a very stressful environment
all depends on the management and workers
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Springvale VIC19 May 2019
All depends on management and who works within the store, work hard but not too hard and learn to keep life and work in sync.

Typical day at work for me is to steam clean, then do meat side then fillet freezer mop the floor, wash up, and they'll call me on line to do if so.
Pros
crew meal
Cons
workers
Great experience and training, under valued employees
AREA MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD19 May 2019
I learnt many valuable skills working at mcdonald and gained lots of knowledge I will be able to apply to future jobs. however the environment in which you work in is undesirable. there is immense pressure when u excel at you're job and earn promotions. there are very little incentives to encourage you to do your best as the only people entitled to these are the managers. area managers are the backbone to the franchises success however are extremely under appreciated and not recognised for their efforts. management at mcdonlds are very young and immature which creates pettiness and a terrible environment to work in. overall fell that my contributions are no longer valued and I desire a healthier, motivating and fun work environment
Pros
hours
Cons
unappreciated
stressful but fun workplace, everyone is very polite and friendly
Cafe Barista and crew member (Current Employee) –  Wanneroo WA19 May 2019
Overall McDonalds is a good first job, the crew is very nice and easy to get along with. The work in drive through can be stressful as we get timed but it teaches you very well how to handle a stressful situation, communicate, work as a team and how to adapt to the working pace.
Pros
good hours for reliable workers
Cons
low pay, many rude customers
Teaches good life skills, but with poor organisation
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Mirrabooka WA18 May 2019
I worked here for 4 years and was consistently overworked by management. I was left to do the roles of several other employees while they and the managers would sit in the crew room mid shift on social media or chatting. The managers place unrealistic expectations on even the most dedicated workers. The staff and managers are unhelpful and un-supportive.
Pros
Pays pretty good
Cons
Disorganised and poor teamwork
Stressful but rewarding
Crew Member (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Willetton WA16 May 2019
I learned how to properly wash down the machines, how to use the cash register, I learnt how to communicate with people. I learnt the work health and safety procedures and evacuation processes.
Tense environment and inconsiderate restaurant manager
Front of House Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW16 May 2019
A typical shift would be being stuck on registers for 6 hours straight. I would rarely be allowed to work anywhere else although I'd worked there for 8 months. General managers were pleasant, however restaurant managers were rude, inconsiderate, greedy and outright mean to their staff.
Pros
Cons
No drink breaks, rude managers
Alright for Beginners
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Salisbury SA16 May 2019
First job working here. Was alright in the beginning, only received one 3 hour shift every two weeks though. Slowly started getting more shifts but management and overall store got worse. Managers yelled a lot and other crew members were quite rude and got really downhill when they decided to move all of their trained employees to a new store. Was quite stressful but has helped deal with things under pressure. Wouldn’t recommend working here unless you’re absolutely desperate for work.
Pros
skills learnt, 50% discount
Cons
Everything else
A great experience
Front Crew (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 May 2019
Working at McDonald’s, I experienced a consistently fast-paced environment. This challenged me to be hardworking and eager to learn new skills to maximise benefits and minimise inputs.
Pros
Discounted lunches, great crew
Cons
Customers were often impatient and demanding
fast working environment
Crew Member/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greenfields SA12 May 2019
Mcdonalds is a fast paced working environment, which improves many organisations and time mangement stills. at Mcdonalds it is important to work as a team and always keep a welcoming smiling attitude to attract good cutomor experience.
Pros
hard workers
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

519.1K