McDonald's

Gold Coast QLD71 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 71 reviews matching the searchSee all 215,544 reviews

ok

it was ok, people are good, and you make a lot of friends and there is a chance to develop higher up however the job is not worth the amount you get paid.

Pros

discount

Cons

stressful

Lack of training

I quit after 4 shifts and I'll tell you why. While the manager who interviewed me was nice, I found that the customers weren't the problem, it was actually the people who worked there. After reading about how McDonald's have an extensive training program I was excited to learn. After all, they have special uniforms that say "crew trainer". I just assumed I'd be getting the best of the best. Boy, was I wrong. I didn't get trained properly. Everyone was doing their own thing and anytime I asked for help, which was all the time, I felt like I was just annoying them. Also, I'm all about rules, hence why I wanted to be a cop. It states that no one is allowed in the managers office and yet when I was there, there were at least 4 crew members sitting in there having a good chat. I liked a few of the workers because they were willing to help whenever I needed it. As for the rest, don't hold your breath. As someone who has worked in customer service before, McDonald's is one place I will avoid from now on.

Toxic environment

The management team is horrible. Based on favouritism. They threatened to fire people on the spot for making simple mistakes they could have just asked nicely to fix. Very stressful and they won’t train you on anything not even if you ask. They don’t care about how hard you work they only care about the OEPE times. Not fun and would not recommend at all.

Pros

50% off

Cons

management sucks, won’t train you, often call you to replace others

not a healthy environment

Good first job, learn good skills. Management is horrible, rude, degrading, and disrespectful. Made the best friends there. Major favouritism in giving out hours. Stressful environment depending on how busy and what managers were on.

Pros

super flexible with hours

Cons

rude management

Great team environment

Learnt new skills on a daily basis. Great team enviroment. Improved my customer relationship skills and communication. Set me up with necessary skills to move into the workplace.

Dont work here

Don't work here.Not an ethical company. The people above me turn a blind eye to alot of wrong doing including; relationships and activities with minors, Age discrimination, cleanliness, Not paying employees for all hours worked, forcing employees to come in when sick, breaching labour laws by not paying sick pay etc. This is just the tip of the ice berg don't work here.

great

A typical day at work consists of; busy periods and slow periods. Depends on the manager on shift , sometimes they can be bad and lazy. When the manager is lazy so with everyone.

overall night shift

a typical night at McDonalds will include a lot of cleaning and if busy struggling through your workload, positives include free meal on break and making friends in the workplace

not great

just not a great place to work. ive worked in several stores and they are all the same. not very nice people and fakes the management team destroy the best of workers. Something needs to be done about these Mcdonalds stores

would reccomend for young people

it is decent. not a good long term option though for those over the age of 20, at least for cost of living in my area. There are a lot of useful skills to pick up.

It is engaging

You don't get bored. It is very fun. Its is high intensity. You don't have to be smart or excel in any area in particular to be good at the job. It is an easy job but you've always got work to do.

Learnt alot

Working at maccas is a good place to start for any kid learned alot about what i was capable of in a fast paced environment, the pay wasnt good but its always nice to work in a structured environment

good

job was good, great for kids in school. they really cater to kids in school, really helps teach kids how to hold a job. staff are friendly and everything always runs well

Pros

50% discount on lunches when on shift

Fast paced environment

Started as a crew member and worked my way up. It's a very rewarding place to work with great staff and never ending opportunities. I really enjoyed working here over 4 years and if the opportunity ever came up to return I would take it.

Pros

Free lunches, good pay

Cons

not a great place to work

work at Mcdonalds wasn't great, the air conditioning was turned off on hot days and the manager constantly remover the crew's cups of water. the workplace was pretty toxic.

Pros

discounted food

Cons

short hours, not allowed drinks, constantly had to ask for payslips.

Great for flexible schedules

At McDonalds it depends what area you work ing I was mostly on fries. It did improve my customer service skills and the managers were all pretty nice. The culture was fine but the hours weren't great. The hardest part of the job was having to be dealing with oil and lifting heavy boxes but that isn't to bad. However, the best part was the environment.

Pros

Good incentives.

Cons

Low hours and income

Terrible people and staff

Very rude and actually abusive while working there. Do not recommend Labrador McDonald’s to anyone even after complaints of a manager the boss still kept her after she abused me and other staff.

Pros

Cons

Everything management mainly

Productive, always something to do, teaches you basic life skills like communication, able to adapt to change and work, good managers (sometimes) It’s a good job for flexing between your social life and studying

Pros

Able to flex job with social life/ studying

Cons

Working harder than other people, sometimes they can slack off

fun, safe, functional, well managed

good training and fun and safe workplace that functions on teamwork. a good management team that makes the workplace inviting. good team of people to work with

Pros

discounted lunches

Cons

not enough hours

Quite a miserable place

The job culture is quite toxic, as well as the managers and expectations at some times. Its a good place to start, but prolonged times are not recommended.

Pros

Meal Breaks

Cons

Treated bad

What you learn

At Macdonalds they teach you everything from customer service to fast pace out back of house. You will work with a great team to support you and team work is key at macdonalds.

Compare McDonald's with