McDonald's

Melbourne VIC419 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 419 reviews matching the searchSee all 217,530 reviews

Interesting

Overall my experience wasn't good neither horrible, I guess it really depends on your co-workers and manager. Costumers were fine nothing crazy would happen for the 2+ years id work there and they pay was the best part of course

Pros

Discounted on food

Cons

Sometimes you get 1 shift of no shifts at all

Super busy

Great colleagues but stressful due to being understaffed. Frequently had to deal with rude customers. No time to adequately clean so the place was often a mess.

Completely rubbish

Working for McDonald's was horrible. I interviewed for a part time position and was given a casual position, was desperate for a job so I accepted. My first week I was given 2 shifts the next week nothing and then the week after that 1 shift.I was given 1 3hour long shift every 2 weeks for the entire time I worked there. Was expected to do things I was not trained to do from my second shift.I made it clear in my interview as well on the very first day that I worked there that I did not have a car license and would not be able to undertake the role of delivery driver. Yet they still rostered me on for shifts for this delivery driver role

Pros

One time someone screwed up and I got a free frappe

Cons

Barely any shifts, bad pay, don't train you properly, point of sales system is so hard to learn

okay

its okay, quite stressfull but good entry level job... manager quite harsh and doesnt even know employees names. good for 14-17 year olds as an after school job. DO NOT work here if you suffer from anxiety.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Excellent managment, wage is ok…The training received is excellent and the culture is amazing… all coworkers and managers are so helpful… couldn’t reccomend this place enough:)!

Good first job while in high school

Great for the social aspect - get to meet people similar age from different areas. After school flexibility. Some workers get away with doing the bare minimum/standing around getting paid to do nothing - meaning you have to work harder.Depending on location it can be very fast paced and at most times stressful

Pros

Good young management

Cons

Less shifts when over 18, casual work - sometimes shifts get cut

It’s alright

Working there if fine. But you gotta lift ur weight and be quick. If you aren’t ur gonna likely be put to the side. Also if u tend to get sick and call in they get rlly annoyed if u miss a shift

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Ok managment

Nice workplace

The managers at my workplace were really nice and helpful, training was sufficient, and I made some good friends. As a student I liked how shifts lasted 3-4 hours after school, but this was annoying on weekends

useful, but stressful, experience for a first job

I have felt that working at Mcdonald's is good as first job as in it teaches you valuable life lessons. However the little pay you get barely compensates for the daily stress you have to go through along with the abuse that customers give you. Coworkers are often very friendly and bond over the funny situations with customers. Advancing in your career is usually pretty easy as long as you stay for a long time, however I would not recommend this if you want to keep your sanity.

It sucks but super flexible

Only take as a last resort. This place gives me aneurysms. The customers are always ungrateful and abusive, the management can be too. Although most managers are fine.

Pros

Flexible. You can mess around

Cons

Generally horrible experience

Good place to work temporarily

There is little to no career progression. Good place to work part time if you are studying or just want extra pocket money. How well the store culture is dependant if you RM cares about the store.

An alright place to start

If you need a place to start as a barista then I'd recommend giving Mcdonalds a try. It's a very fast paced environment so you learn to work efficiently which is always in demand in cafes.Pay and management could have been better but it's to be expected working in fast food.

mcdonalds manager ok and bad and people good but also bad and work fast pace and hard but good do not work at maccas but sometimes if you want who cares

mid

working at maccas was a bad and stressful experience. very grateful that i left and would not recommend this job to anyone, you can do better than this! Most jobs dont require any experience, always remember there are other alternatives!! Have a great day :)

Pros

Cons

everything

Fast Paced

A typical day consists of cooking, taking orders, making drinks and serving customers. Very fast-paced. Collaborative and must have lots of communication.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Fast paced

Ok First Job

Was an ok place to work, management were the worst. The only good point was the other crew. Promised to be on a rotational shift for overnights and was rostered on every weekend.

Pros

Discounted food

Cons

Long hours, unrealistic KPI’s

stressful but rewarding job

it gives you a lot of experience but your time here really depends on the managers . at first you wont have much hours. stressful at times and slow at times

ok for a first job

Jobs not bad, depends on the day, crew and management. Pay is horrible but as expected from mcdonald’s. Can be hard to get shifts because there is so many people employed.

Pros

staff discount

Cons

Busy rushes

fun workplace

i think maccas are one of the biggest chain in australia, thus the pay is good, but you have to work really hard and the line is crazyy! so be prepared

Fast-paced with high expectations.

A fast-paced environment, ideal for a first job. They're leaders in training, and they're good at highlighting the expectations of having a job for someone who has never had a job. However, management can have unrealistic expectations and the culture can feel toxic.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Unrealistic expectations

Stress inducing.

Worked for around 2 years and didn't get a single ounce of respect from anybody in the workplace, was called names and ableist terms by managers. Dont get paid enough for the amount of garbage you go through working there. Its good experience but i would NOT go through that again.

Pros

50% off of meals

Cons

No respect, managers have favorites

Compare McDonald's with