McDonald's

Minto NSW9 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 215,544 reviews

Very stressfull but fun

As you could imagine with any fast food job it can be quite fast-paced and stressful but the staff are very fun to be around doesn't feel like a job honestly.

very stressful workplace

I personally think working at mcdonalds wasn't my best work lace experience and If I had an opportunity to work there again id give my spot up due to the salary and the disrespectful managers and team leaders! it has taught me many things in a way to never go back this is just in my honestness

great hours and fast pace working environment

Working at McDonalds allowed me to easily balance shifts as well as school at this time. The training was extensive and the management was amazing. It allowed me to connect face to face with customers although the hardest part about working in the fast food industry is the criticism from harsh customers however this was always handled in a professional manner.

Pros

Hours were flexible

Cons

No sick or annual leave pay

Management is not worth it

I worked for McDonald's for 5 years, in that time i was given the opportunity for advancement within the ranks of staff at my store, from Crew member, McAfe Manager, Crew Trainer, Shift Supervisor and then to secondary assistant. In that time the further i advanced the worse i was treated, and valued as a person/employee as a Shift supervisor you pay is the same as a crew person yet you are expected to perform far greater tasks, do additional hours without pay and achieve the same results as higher / other managers who received bonuses, higher pay and other benefits. You are not entitled to leave during 'peak times' which includes Christmas, Easter, ANY public holiday and even then outside of those periods you are still left to feel as if any leave you request is not well deserved and a selfish act. However this doesn't apply to Restaurant Managers or the Area Coordinators as they receive regular paid trips by McDonald's and other whenever they would like. There is a reason Staff turnover is so high in places like these and no. It's not just because there are better jobs out there, it is because you aren't valued!! It is a job i would only recommend for a person while they studied/did something else as the hours are flexible and the work isn't terrible, just don't be sucked into giving it more than it will give you.

Pros

If you're lucky enough to get to work with good people, it helps!

Cons

No support / You are not valued as an employee

Terrible experience

Worked there while going to school and they never took into consideration my availability schedule, they would get me to start at 3pm when school finished at 2:55, wasn't enough training and was always being spoken to rudely by the managers and trainers. Would get me to work till 10-10:30pm most shifts and work days that i wasn't supposed to work. Lots of miscommunication, rudeness and disrespect towards workers and customers.

Cons

Rude Managers

Kitchen hand

Involved a lot of cooking and cleaning. How to cook and construct different food products. Was a busy work place. Hardest part was working under pressure. Enjoyable was the half price lunches.

Pros

Half price meals

Cons

Cleaning

mcdonalds

mcdonalds is a great first job i reccomend it to anyone wanting a first job the staff and mangers are always friendly and a good enviroment to be in..

Pros

half price

Minto McDondals

It is a safe, healthy environment. workers are polite and have an understanding of the workplace. Manager have a big role of ensuring that the place is running and stays in a safe workplace. Best McDonald I've seen.

Great teamwork, and work experience.

It was a great place to work. The co-workers were nice and management was flexible, every day had different challenges.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Not enough hours

Compare McDonald's with

Learn about McDonald's in Minto NSW

• McDonald's
  • Minto NSW
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?