McDonald's

Perth WA213 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 213 reviews matching the searchSee all 217,530 reviews

Bad management

Terrible bosses. Didn't train employees well enough. Employees changed nearly every week as no-one wanted to work their. Pay wasn't the best but also not the worst

Depends on who you work with, however overall a mildly unpleasant experience

The job is overall kinda alright. If you get to work with friends/other people like you, its great as time goes by fast however I have been placed in front as one of three guys that work in front normally, so it's hard for me to socialise and I end up alone. I've asked multiple times to get trained in back area, however I am constantly ghosted and I have recently been getting only 3 hours a week, despite me asking for more shifts. Despite my personal problems though, the work itself is surprisingly simple. Managers and coworkers are forgiving for not knowing everything when you begin, and when I first started out, everyone was happy to help whenever I had a question. In spite of my poor experience there personally, a friend of mine has a much more pleasant experience there so at the end of the day, it is up to you.

Pros

50% off food

Cons

Managers can suck

bad job would not recommend managers treat you inhumanely and are the most biased people you have ever met. id rather work as a garbage man that work at mcdonalds all over again

Not fun, didn't laugh

(Ok I actually may have laughed a few times with some people but that was just a coping mechanism) really not the best, like it wasn't awful, but I definitely wouldn't recommend Mcdonald's unless it's entry level and you have to. I left after a year. I had had enough after a month.

Cons

Back pain, everyone has a headache

Stressful and Underpaid

Very stressful and understaffed. They make you work the job of 3 people which is almost impossible and then the customers blame you for the slow service.

Pros

Room to advance

Cons

You work really hard for abysmal pay

stressful

i use to work at McDonald's and it wasn't the greatest experience. when you first start they have some care about you, the longer you work there, the less they actually care and it becomes a toxic environment. they wont give you breaks unless you ask or you how breaching over for a break. poor management skills.

Pros

short shifts

Cons

toxic environment, unfriendly, unprofessional

Stressful, but do-able

I worked at Mcdonalds for over 3 years while I was in high school, an while I do think it's a great first job for teenagers, it's definitely an incredibly stressful job that requires perseverance. It gives you great hospitality experience, but if you are too good at your job you will be taken advantage of and have to compensate for those who don't try. Extremely fast - paced and you will be yelled at by management if you are not quick enough. It has its highs, but its lows are extremely low.

Pros

50% staff discount, range of jobs

Cons

long hours, standing all day, stressful, high pressure

Review

The interview was easy, and work can seem scary at first as their is a lot to learn, but always ask questions if unsure and you’ll be fine. After your first 3-5 shifts, you should feel comfortable.

Get you by

Brain numbing work that will keep your bills paid if you are rostered enough. The staff turnover is high so consistently getting to know new people and changing work environment. Don’t expect the job to be a long term prospect, found myself searching for new opportunities on lunch breaks.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Inconsistent hours

Good if you prefer fast paced work

Fast paced job, poor work life balance with constantly being asked to come early, stay later, cover others shifts etc. Free food if the managers like you or if you get promoted past crew member, pay is low, not really worth it considering the amount of work you have to do. If you want an easy job fast food isnt it - there are other entry level jobs in the retail sector with better pay for less work. Co workers are generally great people, fun to work with but the high stress environment tends to ruin the atmosphere.

Tiring and stressful

Honestly this job is just extremely stressful and draining. They barely train you and expect you to know how to do everything they ask you to do. Best thing about the job is that it's easy to get employed and works as experience on your resume.

Pros

30% discount at all McDonalds stores, diverse workplace, decent pay for minimum wage

Cons

Too fast paced, stressful, bad training

Stressful, busy and terrible hours

You're expected to work as efficiently as a robot and if you don't, you'll be told off by management. If you're not making orders then you're expected to be equally efficient in cleaning the store. If you're a good worker then management will put you on every Friday and Saturday night indefinitely and they have no interest in their employee's sleeping schedules. They'll roster you for night shifts, day shifts and morning shifts all in one week.

Good Workplace for shorter periods

It's a great workplace for a first job, but if you're there long enough you can get stuck. The Management is great, but the managers can get caught up in the competitiveness of the store to others, forgetting about being polite and kind to others. I loved this job for a long time but I wouldn't stay too long.

Pros

Free food, Flexible hours, friendships

Cons

long hours, uncomfortable conditions at times

Fast paced

Pros:- staff discounts - fair wages (penalties applied)- flexible shift times- nice co workers- learn skills such as time mangement Cons:- disrespectful customers

fun workplace and friendly friends

I really like working at Crown McDonalds. Friends are fun and we really working as a team work. We are asked to work fast but we always do it with happiness because even it busy, we always make fun or jokes so it's still fun during chaos situation. The managers are all nice, we communicate as friends, non managers there are snobby. They are also loyal giving hours to employee.

Pros

50% discount meals, fun friends, managers are nice

Cons

managers prefer give long hours to younger people, 19 above

Fast paced collaborative workplace.

It's a fun fast paced workplace which allows you to grow and develop skills in different areas as well ad give you the opportunity to meet new friends.

Productive and fun workplace

The job was very fast-paced and at sometimes stressful. However, the people and managers make it an enjoyable workplace as you guided to improve and learn as you developed new skills.

Pros

Discounts, good hours and pay

Not an overly good job

I started working in 2019. I was on fries for 6 months straight and had no training before hand. No help from co workers and not to mention had to take out parked orders, do uber bags and take front counter. Management were nice sometimes but the other times mean and some co workers are nice but others do not give you any respect.

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Pay, management, very stressful, bullying

Fun

Didn't really like the shifts they gave me there, they were either extremely early or extremely late but apart from that it was a very good place to work

Fast paced and productive.

MacDonald's is a fast paced environment with lots of perks and great people. I got to learn how to work in a very busy and fast paced environment efficiently.

fun workplace

i learned how too work as a team and it made me feel like i had a second family when i went to work and we all got along so well and had each others backs and it was super enjoyable

Compare McDonald's with