McDonald's

Sydney NSW433 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 433 reviews matching the searchSee all 217,530 reviews

Alright

The staff are quite nice but lots of pressure, very fast paced and often get yelled at by unreasonable customers. A very common choice for a first job but I recommend elsewhere.

Flexible but difficult

It's fine to gain job experience here but it quickly becomes repetitive with little appreciation for what you do. The shared experience in the workplace was being treated like a robot. It's a very flexible job to have and you'll receive a discount during your shifts but sometimes boundaries were crossed. I would recommend this job to anyone looking for training in hospitality but I would be cautious in maintaining your boundaries.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Repetitive work; management;

Meh job

If you’re looking for a great place to have your first job, McDonalds is the way to do it as they provide you a lot of challenges and difficult situations which will help you in the long run. Mentally draining

very fast-paced and can be stressful

Mcdonald's is great as a starter job as it hires people from a young age and can give you experience, and very flexible hours too. However, because it's fast-paced it gets stressful easily and the customers are rude.

Fast paced, stressful but fun when you have friends

Made a lot of great friends and my managers were quite chill which made shifts bearable. When you're understaffed, it can get quite stressful especially when it gets busy. Shifts tend to be like 6-8 hours depending on how busy it is and how many people are working.

Pros

The friends you make!

Cons

Dealing with rude customers

Fast paced work environment

McDonald's is a fast paced work environment. Sometimes you would have to work without crew as management weren't able to fill shift. The people you work with make or break your shifts.

Good friends, tiring job

Hard to leave because of the crew, but higher management make it difficult. Job is tiring, boss don’t care if you have no crew, still have to push timers or get yelled at.

terrible

everyone gossips and the customers are rude. However, a few good people here and there. Always got panic attacks before starting my shift, it was traumatizing and the managers do not like new people.

Fast paced work environment with horrible managment staff

Standard high school job that was stressful and fast-paced. Management was not empathetic or understanding towards the staff and had expectations for its casual workers to work on a full-time basis. It was difficult to maintain a good balance between life and work as managers would pressure staff into taking more hours, even during HSC, assignment, and exam periods. The salary was low. The only pro of this job is good training/hospitality experience and lots of hours.

productive and fun workplace

excellent place to work lots of fun excellent hourly rate free lunch long hours however lots of things to learn and a great way to process into management

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Good

It was really good working at McDonald’s for my first job. McDonald’s was something I wasn’t interested in but needed a job. The people there where okay but didn’t get along with anyone.

Good stepping stone

If you have a good team it can be better. However, if you have poor management and are older do not expect much. As many say, it is a good stepping stone

Fun

Fun working in my younger days. Was fast paced, however it is a great place to learn work ethic and how a business works. The culture can be toxic. I do recommend

too much work

the management is completely a disaster, everyone just been assigned randomly in everyday work, whatever you done whether is good or not, the manager seems not happy to everyone at all time.

terrible

Bad place to work environment was nasty work was degrading pay was minimal and long hours overall terrible place to work would recommend any other place

Stressful work environment but gained valuable skills

Customers were constantly coming in due to the area it was located in and so there was always something to do. Stressful in terms of keeping track of orders and serving customers.

Pros

Learnt a lot of skills

Cons

Customers

Stressful not a good place may be good on resume however it’s bad

They have no regard for treating the employees with respect and they show clear favourites while on shift towards employees they are friends with outside of work and are overall unfair and unstable.

great

I loved the company. Staff are great. Food is great. awesome management. Culture is awesome. I enjoyed laughing with staff. great! Awesome!! Best first job ever.

Pros

food

Stress environment

It's alright, you clean and cooks stuff, making sure you reach your manager target, the people there are great, but the manager could really improve.

Pros

Cheaper food

Cons

Not that many shift

Fast-paced and quite stressful at times

Being a company who hires mainly first-time teenagers, the job can be pretty messy at times. On weekends it can get stressful as it's fast paced and there are usually only 4-8 people on shift, but that is only my experience. For a first job this can help young people gain experience and an understanding on what a fast paced job is like. I wouldn't recommend staying at this job for any more than a year, as management like to give people multiple 4+ hr shifts which can displace their work-life balance and they would be getting minimum pay. Overall, this job has it's highs and lows, different restaurants would have different experiences, mine wasn't the best, but I'm sure there are stores with better experiences.

Stressful if you're behind the counter

They mostly had me cleaning and giving seat numbers. Since I was a new employee, my shifts were relatively chill but I could see how fast-paced and stressful it was for my coworkers who worked at the register and who were making the food and calling otu orders

Compare McDonald's with

Learn about McDonald's in Sydney NSW

• McDonald's
  • Sydney NSW
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?