McDonald's

Australia3,340 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 3,340 reviews matching the searchSee all 217,399 reviews

Good first job

definitely a go-to job for your first job, hours are very flexible, and it's very easy to alter your availabilities, pay is kinda bad but for a first job it's a good environment, lovely people to work with, and good managers (depends on where you work definitely). very fast-paced environment and you have to work quickly on your feet.

Pros

flexibile

Cons

repetitive

good for younger aged people

builds skills in communication, multitasking, teamwork and much more however the environment is very demanding and is not built for people who are slower and cannot do multiple tasks at once.

Pros

discount

Cons

stressful

Great place for young people wanting to kick start thier career

Worked at McDonalds during highschool - great experience.Great place to make new friends and enter the workforce. Would recommend to young people looking to give it go

Pros

Make lots of friends

Cons

late shifts - can be very stressful - rude customers

Horrific management that somehow managed to get worse and worse

I worked for almost 3 years and had become the fastest fryer in the whole restaurant, which I was told by many managers and employees whose of which some I did not have a relationship with, but I was able to keep well above head during rush hour with fries and if I was lucky and management actually put enough people on during rush hour for drive thru and I got a person to cash we would get drive through to move very quickly, although never once got offered any positions even through stores would call to have me come over to theirs for the extra help, management sat in their office for 95% of the time and would hide away when rush hour came but get mad at employees for not knowing little things that I or other employees had to teach them instead of the managers in addition management swapped over and I got ghosted and didn't get shifts or replies from about 5 emails and calls as they would ring out, I eventually quit because there was no attempts at communicating back to me. I'd stay far away also ptsd of the beeping

Pros

Mad good benefits with mybenifits (which none knows about cause managers don't tell anyone about it)

Cons

Horrific management, crazy expectations from new employees, absolute minimum pay

Alright

The staff are quite nice but lots of pressure, very fast paced and often get yelled at by unreasonable customers. A very common choice for a first job but I recommend elsewhere.

Stressful workplace that doesn't train you

said I was getting 6 training sessions only got 2 3 hour training sessions. management is rude and lazy. the job is easy and the people there are nice

Cons

Dont train you

Great workplace but difficult to get shifts

I began working here and got maybe 2 shifts a week for about 3 weeks. I then didn't get any shifts for 6 weeks then I got a few more then another smaller gap. I am still working there but the whole shifts business is really hard to work with.

okay

its okay, quite stressfull but good entry level job... manager quite harsh and doesnt even know employees names. good for 14-17 year olds as an after school job. DO NOT work here if you suffer from anxiety.

Pros

free lunches

Not for everyone

Can be extremely stressful, and coworkers are very rude even though you are only a trainee. You will come home still hearing beeping. The customers were quite nice and understanding though.

Pros

Discount on food

Cons

Fast paced

busy busy busy, but nice staff.

Wonderful staff is constantly busy, and sadly lacks the required staff to complete a job, if you like juggling 3 jobs at once then this is the job for you. Not the best pay, only ever paid the minimum.

Good first-time Job

Highly recommend. McDonald’s set up a group interview. Good for First-time jobs. It really sets the tone for what work is actually like. It was good.

Pros

New friends.

Cons

Infrequent hours

Good

Good job to work at, low pay as expected. Fun if u make friends but customers are don't treat you well. Management is always changing. Shifts aren't always guaranteed.

Good first job while in high school

Great for the social aspect - get to meet people similar age from different areas. After school flexibility. Some workers get away with doing the bare minimum/standing around getting paid to do nothing - meaning you have to work harder.Depending on location it can be very fast paced and at most times stressful

Pros

Good young management

Cons

Less shifts when over 18, casual work - sometimes shifts get cut

Messy organisation, bad trainers.

This was my first job and to say the least, I was not treated well. This workplace is toxic with poor management, work ethic and bad training. They made me work late of which the specific time availability they made me work was NOT on my availability.

It's ok for a first job

Ok for a first job. Minimum award wage with very little career progression within two years. The crew coach/trainer role is mainly for the clique and they are paid less than $1 more than regular crew, who often end up training new employees anyway

Pros

Half Price during shift hours

Cons

Pressure to work non-rostered hours, or potentially face unfavourable rostering or no shifts in the future

Good oay but no shifts

Pay is alr for the job but almost no shifts,Management never get back to you but msg straight away when they need you.Alr for a kid but terrible shifts mean its not viable

Fast paced and stressful

Overall okay for a first time job, and intro to the workforce. Your experience relies on the management and team at your store.

Pros

Easy to make friends

Cons

Abusive managers

Pretty good for a first job

Enjoyed 4 years at Maccas as a crew member and then trainer. Always busy throughout the day and always had enough hours for what I wanted to earn/do outside of work.Made a lot of friends and that was the best bit.Worst bit would be changes to rosters at the last minute

Pros

Discounts

Cons

rostering

Fast paced and stressful

A great first job but it can be very mentally exhausting dealing with abusive customers. Workplace culture really depends on the people you work with.

Ok Job

Was good for a first job, but would not recommend staying for long. The job was good but very very stressful. Good for those who enjoy a fast pace. The managers were ok but can be quite mean.

Pros

Long breaks

Cons

Great workplace for first job students

Physically challenging job that requires you to be proactive and fast paced. Pay is good as a crew member and crew trainer you get to be paid as a casual.

Pros

Collaborative environment

Cons

Truck shifts can be challenging

Compare McDonald's with