McDonald's

Customer Service Representative1,030 reviews
Australia1,030 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 1,030 reviews matching the searchSee all 215,544 reviews

Fast paced work environment with horrible managment staff

Standard high school job that was stressful and fast-paced. Management was not empathetic or understanding towards the staff and had expectations for its casual workers to work on a full-time basis. It was difficult to maintain a good balance between life and work as managers would pressure staff into taking more hours, even during HSC, assignment, and exam periods. The salary was low. The only pro of this job is good training/hospitality experience and lots of hours.

Wouldn’t recommend

The head manager during this time I worked there was verbally abusive to everyone in the workplace. They don’t properly train you either. They expect you to know everything the day you get hired. Unwelcoming workplace

Good

It was really good working at McDonald’s for my first job. McDonald’s was something I wasn’t interested in but needed a job. The people there where okay but didn’t get along with anyone.

Pretty Good

Good for a first job, nice employees, fast paced environment, great to build up your customer service confidence, some rude customers but nothing out of the norm, pretty average and good first job.

Pros

fun environment

Cons

night shifts

Eh

I only worked at Maccas for a couple of months cause I needed extra money because my first job wasn't paying me enough/giving me enough shifts. Management needs to train their staff more before throwing them in on the drive-through on their 3rd shift. Employees were fine.

Hated

It was not a good job, everyone was rude and did not care for employees. The place was hot and oily and the shifts were long and crammed with work with no breaks even for long shifts if it was rush.

It could’ve been better

not enough hours on some occasions, working with people were very easy to get a long with, on busy times it was very stressful but it was a good experience

too much work

the management is completely a disaster, everyone just been assigned randomly in everyday work, whatever you done whether is good or not, the manager seems not happy to everyone at all time.

Destroyed my mental health

Working here as a teenager was a horrible experience. Managers were bullies and there was no support for bad experiences with customers. Pushed to up sell and when people would get angry there would be no care.

okay for first job

As usual the fast food industry can be stressful at times and if it weren’t for the people I was working with I would’ve quit straight away because the management only got worse

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at McDonald's?

Worst First Job

Don’t work at McDonalds as a first job. That place should be a last resort for anyone. It is such a mentally draining job, it’s ridiculous. That’s if you get any shifts at all. And the managers have their favourites. They all do.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Everything except the discounts

stressful

i use to work at McDonald's and it wasn't the greatest experience. when you first start they have some care about you, the longer you work there, the less they actually care and it becomes a toxic environment. they wont give you breaks unless you ask or you how breaching over for a break. poor management skills.

Pros

short shifts

Cons

toxic environment, unfriendly, unprofessional

Stay happy and assist others

The team I worked with. Manager was amazing. Free foods and freebies, discount staff products. I miss working here and i miss working with the team. It was a fun experience.

Poor Poor Poor.

Started as mature worker. no training. no support being managed by 18y.o.s with no management qualification or experience. was not rostered for any shifts and got a termination letter for no shows. once bough to attention of management they attempted to apologizes and ask me to pay for the uniform. poor experience for min wage.

Pros

none.

Cons

lack of training

Rude and no help

-Treated workers horribly -pay is so ridiculously low. -No communication and no care for outside of work life. -no praise for good work -barely to any training-mangers we’re all horrible

If you've got time to lean then you have time to clean.

Great place for young people to work Thier first jobs and also a great workplace for all ages, the experience depends on the individuals attitude and the environment but regardless of that the culture and the workplace systems are great for anyone to experience.

Pros

Half price lunch, always busy, young management

Cons

Half price lunch, always busy, young management

So stressful as a first job

Didn’t receive very good training, Some managers and rm’s were super rude and made you feel so guilty if you couldn’t stay back for longer. Understaffed, overworked and not worth the low $$$.

Flexible, fast paced environment

Great for a first job, or someone with a busy schedule looking for part-time work. Only downside is management which can be a win or lose as they are quite young, a lot are power trippers. There is also the never ending verbal abuse from customers but that really depends on the location.

Pros

Extremely flexible hours

Cons

Aggresive customers

Get you by

Brain numbing work that will keep your bills paid if you are rostered enough. The staff turnover is high so consistently getting to know new people and changing work environment. Don’t expect the job to be a long term prospect, found myself searching for new opportunities on lunch breaks.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Inconsistent hours

Make friends with the managers or your experience will be significantly worse

The amount of shifts you get, and your overall experience while working will unfortunately be highly dependent on whether you are friends with your restaurants management.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Bad pay, stressful

Hard work

Hard work but a good starting experience to learn what working in customer service is like, fast paced and you definitely will rely on tram work, managers are most likely not fair or nice

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Pressure

Compare McDonald's with

• McDonald's
  • Customer Service Representative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?