McDonald's

Australia309 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 309 reviews matching the searchSee all 217,676 reviews

Fun place to work

The people were nice to work with but the environment was very stressful sometimes and some managers tended to take their frustration out on you. Alot of favouritism as well

id be careful

This company has never truly cared for their employees at 17 years old i had to sleep in the play room during floods and none of my parents were contacted to let them know. management is all a joke just people wanting to pretend they’re going somewhere in life xx

Pros

nothing

Cons

samara woods

Hands-on Beginners Job

Payment was 1.5 the minimum wage, with extra pay for working overtime, public holidays, overnights, etc.As a casual worker pay is higher than working part time, but either is sufficient for paying rent, etc. as long as sufficient hours are worked on a weekly basis.Lots of working with people, both other crew/staff members and customers.You are able to progress at your own pace. The only timed thing is your training. You will receive approx 8x 3hr shifts to be fully trained into whatever position they/you have selected (either kitchen, counter, etc.)After that, if nominated by someone of a higher standing, you can become a crew trainer pretty quickly, and from there a manager, and just keep climbing.But there is also no pressure to take promotions. If you are content working as general staff, that is also valued.As a naturally people person who enjoys hands on work, this gave me great experience as a first job and the friendships i made there i still have.

It's alright

Working there was fun, but the pay was terrible, you get to meet some fun people and the management was good. The hardest part of the job was getting through rushes.

Pros

Free small drinks, flexible, nice people

Cons

Hours can feel like years, Stress (depends)

stressful but good people

Was never quiet as I always worked peaks, coworkers were always understanding and supportive and management was too. Fun workplace but stressful work.

Yep

A good first job to get onto your resume to get up and running. Interview is easy to pass and at the beginning they are really nice and helpful (depending on who you work with). It's alright.

Not great management

job was okay. unfair work culture. busy and late stay back. dealing with customers can be big issues some nights. shifts are very irregular as casual employee

Pros

free food, discounts

Cons

not good condition

Alright

It is alright. Worked in the kitchen and burnt myself a lot on the fryer. So if you’re clumsy like me get some gear to protect your arms or don’t work in the kitchen.

its maccas

its maccas, so expectations are that you're there for the discount, and to get some money. working at maccas will get you these things, at the price of the general cons youd expect at maccas

Pros

some money

Cons

its maccas

Fun

Was lots of fun. Great people to work with who really care about the employees. Pay could be better but you get paid for what you do. Would recommend.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Poor pay

Alright, what I expected

For the most part, the coworkers were respectful and got along well. The management was alright. Some good managers, some not so much. Since I'm in the kitchen I was constantly around the grill and fry machine, which made you smell like grease and oil from all the steam/smoke/fumes which aren't ideal. The environment was fast-paced and there was always something to do.

Pros

Good, respectful coworkers (Mostly)

Cons

Some annoying managers who'd get angry pretty quick, if things are slow.

Stay away

I quit and 5 months later they called up saying I’ve got a shift, they don’t care about their staffThey don’t give any good trainingManager blames you even though you don’t have the required level of training

Can be a fun workplace if your are with the right people

The work is pretty simple, however it can get quite stressful when you get overwhelmed especially when you are understaffed.Pros:- Fun when working with the right people- Work is easyCons:- Low wages- Inconsistent hours- Work can get stressful

Fast-paced and enjoying day at work

On average, there are certain duties that must be done during your shift. This isn't time- tracked but it's recommended to be done early for your convenience. If you are working on the grill it is just cooking the products following procedure. During assembling of burger, only stress is when there are multiple orders at the same time. The managers are pretty good if you need help they'll pop in and help you.

Treated Unfairly but fairly at the same time

Had the one shift pretty much every week, 5pm - 9pm Thursday nights. 4 hrs without the required 10min rest pause. Some managers had clear favourite employees as they tended to treat them with more respect and joked around with them along with allowing them to joke around while not allowing others to do so, for example one kitchen employee would be allowed to stand and talk when there was no tasks or customers to serve while the other would get in trouble for talking or just standing there. At times I went 1-2 months without a shift even when I requested for more shifts. To progress higher in the company you'd have to one of the favourites.

Utterly horrible

I endured brutal kitchen conditions, no breaks, terrible managers and unrealistic performance targets.It's impossible to keep up during peak periods, the kitchen is the most disgusting place i have ever been, there is no communication between management and employees, i regularly worked shifts with no breaks, all for an insultingly low wage.I couldn't get out of there soon enough.

Working with literal children

Working at McDonald's if on par with trying to work as a team in a food class at school with 4 other kids each thinking they are the bees knees. If you want a professional work environment look else where because at my time at McDonald's I witnessed a cleaning spray duel, was locked in the freezer and came home covered in thick grease which stunk the house out. So if you're looking for a first job, McDonald's should be a last resort.

Pros

Chance to move up the chain of command

Cons

Often dangerous work environment

Fast paced and exciting

Good to work at, hours were good and flexible. Fast paced and competitive which was quite enjoyable. The pay was over minimum wage and pay increase was available for hard workers.

Enhanced teamwork and pace.

The workplace culture was supportive. Every team member assisted each other and helped them during busy times. The cleanliness and hygiene was a factor to learn from McDonald's.

good to start in your early teens

Nothing too special they teach you things that may help as you get older but really it's just another big-time organization that finds it easier to pay younger newly teens who would like to get a jump start in how things work with earning money and being on a schedule

Stressful yet collaborative work environment. Teamwork is a very important factor in this workplace.

Working at McDonald's is quite an experience. I have met and worked with a variety of different people, which helped me to improve my social and teamwork skills. I also found out what it was like to work under pressure in a fast-paced workplace.

Pros

50% discount on all McDonald's products

Cons

Can cause stress from long work hours

Compare McDonald's with