McDonald's

Team Trainer677 reviews
Australia677 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 677 reviews matching the searchSee all 217,676 reviews

Good Starting place for young people

Depending on the store, the work can be very fast paced and stressful, or quiet and calm.But having a team that verbally communicates well makes rush hours not that bad.McDonalds do offer plenty of opportunities for individuals that do their due diligence, including paid Certificate courses which are on-shift learning + some paper work.

Pros

Discounted Meals, Flexible Time Schedules

Cons

Customer Complaints

Good management. Good team

I really enjoyed my time working at McDonalds. I had a great team and great management. I felt very supported and training was very thorough. Of course it's a minimum wage job, however I really enjoyed working there.

Pros

50% off food during shift

Cons

Overnight shifts

Stressful and non-enjoyable place to work

McDonald's is a stressful place to work. Other crew mostly don't care and won't show up often and management doesn't do much about it. The management was nice but the job was bad.

Good workplace, not the best management

I enjoyed maccas, but sometimes the workplace morale goes down with different store managers. if they're not the best person to be around, you won't want to go to work if you know that manager is coming. She's the main reason why I'm quitting, but there's other factors too. Other than the management, the job is pretty good!

Fast pace workplace

Quite a fast pace and stressful workplace full of people who belive they are beyond the job. I learned communication and the most enjoyable part of the job was the other crew

Its alright

I feel like there's always dumb high school drama but we do work with kids so ah well, I feel like the training isn't as good as what it used to be. Its a liveable wage but you're put into a permanent position you gat paid way less. McDonald's is very flexible 100% no matter what goes on they are pretty easy to work with in that regard. It's a stressful job but you makes friends that get ya through so its not too bad. Id recommend doing a course with them as it's good for your own personal growth and everything is covered by Maccas.

Great employees, hard workload

great opportunity to make new friends, employees are friendly. but there is a 50/50 chance the manager is in a good mood. The management is very strict on the uniform and your work. new people are pressured to do well even though they are not used to work and the experienced crew are expected to do more than they should and are not given any credit for their work. McDonald’s is a good first job but i wouldn't recommend staying there for a long period of time,

Stressful, fast-paced work, poor management and low pay

I would not recommend working here. For the amount of work and the standards expected from you, the pay is atrocious. The only somewhat reasonable pay comes from working undesirable hours (12 - 5am) and as you age.

toxic

I started off getting one 3-hour shift a week then got asked to cover a shift and very quickly they would expect me to work 9-hour shifts every day after school. would also roster me on outside my availabilities and whenever I brought it up with managers they basically said "oh well sort it out"

Terrible management

Constant bullying culture (most of it from the managers themselves) getting paid absolute lowest wage for terrible hours was not worth it. I do not recommend having your teenager work here either

Pros

Half price lunch

Cons

Wage, management, culture, hours

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at McDonald's?

stressful, underpaid,not enough shifts

no shifts ever provided, rude managers, very fast paced, too stressful. Had to clean the restaurant multiple times a day, could never stand around, short lunch breaks..

Good environment but stressful

It all depends on which store you work at because every store has a different team and different standards. It can be very enjoyable because you work with good people but stressful because it does get busy

Flexible workplace with great staff

Workplace at McDonald's is really enjoyable and stress-free, especially when working with good co-workers. The hours are really flexible and suits busy schedules like university students. Opportunity for growth through management positions and retail courses.

Good place to work but management can get carried away

Maccas is a good and for most part fun place to work but I had issues with some managers due to favoritism and downright bullying. Saying that most of the time I had a fun time and met plenty of lifelong mates. So I would say work there but only if you have tough skin otherwise you won’t have a good time

fast paced stressful

its a great way to make friendships that last a lifetime but is very fast paced and stressful. The mangers are all quiet young so do expect some fakeness

Basic casual job

Fast paced environment where numbers are prioritised over people. Good for a first job but as you would expect, do the minimum work and you will be fine.

Work was understaffed all the time managers bludged all day in the office but treat the workers horribly and have there own set of rules for themselves they loved to mingle behind closed office doors and hesitant to help when its busy.

A great first job, nothing more than 2 years

Working at Mcdonalds is very good for a first job to learn experience in the workplace, after about 2 years, it can become a little more hectic and the passion started to die out for me.

Pros

Free Food and Stuff

Cons

repetitive

Good work experience for a first job, wouldn't recommend for a long term thing

I enjoy working here, but the pay really isn't worth it after you turn 18. Even managers the same age as you only get lilke 70-80 cents extra, which makes the position basically a glorified crew member. It's only worth it if you're working towards going above shift manager. Management sucks, you have to suck up to higher management to get promoted no matter your skillset, dedication to the job ect.

Pros

Friendly environment, nice crew members, discounted meals

Cons

Bad pay, some customers

Good for students

Good for Students who are looking to earn some coin to support themselves. Can be fast and intense on busy days. Pay is good especially public holidays and overnights.

Great for student

Teaches work ethic, work with great people.Collaborative work environment, opportunities to learn new skills and progress within the business. Pay is not competitive but it provides more intangible value.

Pros

The people

Cons

Always busy

Compare McDonald's with