McDonald's
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

McDonald's Pay & Benefits reviews

Australia8,607 reviews

Clear
3.4Work–Life Balance
2.9Pay & Benefits

Found 1,609 reviews matching the searchSee all 210,098 reviews

You already know what it is

Good first job, you pretty much know what to expect. Everyone knows someone that works here or has worked here. Otherwise its about the same any other fast food role, and definitely a plus for teens to have on their resume.

Pros

Free food, quick pay, generally good people.

Cons

Its fast food, messy and dirty work, dealing with customers can be hard.

Stressful and unreliable management

I am speaking from a friend that worked there. The pay was terrible for the amount of hours she did, which was only three per shift. She would work almost everyday and hated her job. Mild Discount

Pros

Co - workers

Cons

Everything else

Good place for experience and it’s good for a first job.

I would definitely recommend people to work at McDonald’s especially if it is their first job as this job is a good job for starters and for people that are looking for experience.

Pros

You get your meal for half price.

Cons

14 year olds need an hour break when working for long hours.

Basic casual job

Fast paced environment where numbers are prioritised over people. Good for a first job but as you would expect, do the minimum work and you will be fine.

good management, friendly staff, just overworked and underpaid

good management and friendly staff but are taken advantage of being available a lot, since if you aren't they barely give you any shifts. sometimes managers can be a little rude but are mostly helpful. the training is decent but after you mostly have to figure out stuff for yourself and you get a lot of rude feedback from other employees if you stuff up, when you aren't sure how to do something

Pros

good discount, friendly staff, decent training

Cons

long hours, not great pay, lots of pressure to work quickly

Productive, ok

This as my first job was good, but is stressful for someone just starting as your first job. Can be fun at times, but time goes slow sometimes too unlike other jobs.

Fun Workplace with Amazing people and Management

From day 1, I was congratulated and appreciated for any efforts I had contributed to my store by managers and other crew members. Everyone helped each other out and was a generally really positive workplace.

Pros

Free Meals, Paid Break + Unpaid Meal Break, Great People

Cons

Some people are hard to get along with, Long Hours

Good first job

Good first job through high school, especially if you want to make a bit of cash on the side. Can be very demanding at times in terms of no standing around (even when there's nothing to do) doesn't take to long to get along with everyone. Managers can be a bit of a pain but only some, the others are good and are chill about what you do and will often help you in a calm way.

Pros

free meal when working long hours good pay for a first job

Cons

not a lot of shifts to hand out very demanding and draining

Tough but good starter job

it's hard work but it's good for a first job to take you through highschool and earn a little money on the side, teaches you about the workforce and gives you skills that you will take with you to other jobs

Good for a casual job side job to earn extra money

Overall laid back environment and easy job. shifts are consistent and pay isnt too bad. good management as they will listen to you and listen to your request

Pros

Food discounts

it was eh

my managers were alright the ppl were alrught too some were nice and some felt entilted and were better then everyone else. the interview was easy the hours were short the only pro was 50% off when we worked.

A great first job, nothing more than 2 years

Working at Mcdonalds is very good for a first job to learn experience in the workplace, after about 2 years, it can become a little more hectic and the passion started to die out for me.

Pros

Free Food and Stuff

Cons

repetitive

Fast paced

You got to be on your feet long hours. Good for a starter job and good if managed properly. Hard to understand all items when you are just beginning.

Pros

50% off during shifts 20% off at other maccas restaurants

Cons

Long hrs

Good work experience for a first job, wouldn't recommend for a long term thing

I enjoy working here, but the pay really isn't worth it after you turn 18. Even managers the same age as you only get lilke 70-80 cents extra, which makes the position basically a glorified crew member. It's only worth it if you're working towards going above shift manager. Management sucks, you have to suck up to higher management to get promoted no matter your skillset, dedication to the job ect.

Pros

Friendly environment, nice crew members, discounted meals

Cons

Bad pay, some customers

Fun

Was lots of fun. Great people to work with who really care about the employees. Pay could be better but you get paid for what you do. Would recommend.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Poor pay

Work culture isn’t the best, management is really bad

McDonald’s is a good working job because it teaches you many skills making many jobs in the hospitality industry easy. Pay is really low and bad for the amount of work you do. You are easily able to get 30 hours a week if you do well and are reliable But it’s tiring and they will take advantage of you

difficult/not enjoyable job but with good management and good co workers

This job is ok. Most of the time it is not enjoyable and difficult but there are times when it can be ok. I work in the back area cooking meat on the grill and cooking chicken in the fryers. doing one of these stations at a time is fine but there will be shifts where you will be working both stations. This can be stressful especially when its really busy and you struggle to work both stations well at the same time. they should be paying you more if you are running 2 different stations or they could just roster an extra person. Its a messy job and can get very frustrating. There will be times where you will get asked to do something you haven't done since training but they still expect you to know how to do it which is stupid in my opinion. Management is good but i think there are around 10 managers at my store alone so it can be hard to remember whos who. Most of them are young and friendly so its easy to talk to them. One bad thing about management is sometimes they will ask you to do something when clearly you're really busy but they still want you to do the job. How many shifts you get depends on how many you ask for and as long as you are decent at the job you will get shifts. Occasinally you will get rostered on days or times you set as not available but that's mostly an easy fix. The majority of other co workers are young so its easy to relate and talk to them. The work/life balance for me was fine and i never had any issues with it. The salary is $19 an hour and the staff discount is 20% off your order but you can only use it on orders totally a maximum of $20 and -

Very fast paced

It was very fast paced but a good place to work, managers weren't very good or helpful and hours weren't the best but alot of shifts are available to pick up

Fast paced environment with decent pay

Faced paced environment where u get to meet people while making a decent wage. Some managers were rude while others where, training could have been more thorough

Pros

50% discount before/after shift as well as 20% overall discount Good pay

Cons

Management can be rude

Fun place to work at.

I love my job at Maccas! It’s so great for a first job! I have been here for almost a year and am loving it! That have good training and amazing benefits. I have good shifts and make friends!

Pros

Good discount and they really care about your schedule and school.

Cons

Stressful

Busy but productive environment

If you like busy fast food restaurant work there. Good hours and decent pay. Good management team. Gives plenty of customer service experience if that’s what you need.

• McDonald's