McDonald's

McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Review

Horrible workplace

This place does not care about your personal life and would rather you work when your extremely ill then be down a shift. I worked for them for many years and they treated everyone horribly.

Same role

Was Great to start with

I worked at mcdonalds for 4 years; From crew to shift manager. I did thoroughly enjoy being a crew member and crew trainer despite the low pay I always had fun and wanted to learn and advance; I ended up in a management position which was fun at first but the stress from higher up (above store level) was too much. I got along very well with all my collegues and really enjoyed helping the young crew learn and advance but unfortunately the stress and unreasonable expectations were far to much. Including being expected to work unpaid and unable to have a break.Its a great learning experience and would be great in a store with reasonable expectations and higher management.
Same role

Toxic work environment

The company only cares about the bottom line. Over the 4 years I spent here I was manipulated into working on days I had booked off (months in advance and was told I was a 'bad' employee if I did take the time off). Was told to work on a broken foot when I requested 2 weeks off to heal that my performance from this "stunt" would be evaluated. Complete focus on the customer getting what they want at the expense of the health and safety of the employees. No support from higher management and constant criticism of "not being good enough". Took me too many years to realise this is not a good workplace environment and there are jobs out there that treat employees better.

Pros

Staff discounts, decent breaks

Cons

Huge shifts, constant customer abuse, lack of support
Same location

Best place to learn

Excellent working experience,friendly staff,educated managers, coordination,I really feel superb to working with McDonald's specially Emirates Hills Staff...I spend 4 year here .. on each and every day i got a new experience...

Pros

2 Time Free lunch

Cons

9 hour including break...

Compare McDonald's with

• McDonald's
  • Horrible workplace
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?