McCain Foods USA Employee Reviews

McCains was a great place to work
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 May 2018
Having merchandisers to supervise you were never in the same place each day. The country trips were great to meeting people in the country was a great experiance
Pros
Free food on fridays
Cons
not much advancement in sysdney as head office is in Melbourne
Specialized Sauce Cook (Former Employee) –  Wendouree19 November 2017
Great environment to work.
Good people
Produced quality food
I enjoyed working as a team in my area as a sauce cook, on night shift. The other staff were easy to get along with, as was management
Interesting work place
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC26 March 2017
a lot of different roles and experiences to achieve at mc cain foods ballarat. i ended up working my way up from a factory production worker to machine operator and then coldstore forklift driver which gave me the experience loading trucks and racks, far beyond my skill area. but am very thankful they gave me an opportunity to gain forklift experience.
Pros
great pay
Cons
long 12 hour shift, strong union ranked
Good pay but not guaranteed shifts
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Lisarow NSW22 February 2017
working at Mccain has tought me how to work with speed and stay cool under pressure, tought me several skills about cooking, packing and working through a production line. Working at Mccain is long hours which i don't mind but continuous and can get boring
Pros
good pay
Cons
Guaranteed shifts
I loved being the specification officer at mccains
Process worker and Specifications officer (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC8 January 2017
Mccains QA specification job was great, I didn't mind working in the factory but I did enjoy the office work more.
In the office I was to route specs to the finance teams and management to have them signed off on to implement new products or changes to products on the floor. I updated customer specs, as well as data entry. I enjoyed that I was so busy, my co workers were all easy to work with the hardest part of the job was leaving for child commitments.
Pros
Busy and enjoyable environment
Cons
Leaving
A mixed bag of pros and cons
Quality controller/Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Mitchell Park VIC11 December 2015
In 1994 I started as a casual employee and was only going to stay for 12 months until I found another job. That 12 months turned into 21 years. The company pays really well, but some conditions have been compromised over the years. I was lucky enough to achieve full time work after only less than 2 years. I have been given loads of training in various jobs during my time there.
I have made many good friends from working there and I am still friends with them today.
One of the pitfalls of the job was the constant turnover of management at all levels. It was hard to get some continuity in dealing with some issues because of this.
Overall, this multi-national company has instilled itself in the Ballarat community and will hopefully be here for many years to come.
Pros
Well paid, stability, known brand
Cons
Huge turnover of management, no continuity or flexibility