McCain Foods
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

McCain Foods Employee Reviews

Australia10 reviews
A wonderful 15 months. McCain foods NPD innovation & working hard to grow distribution in WA. Fantastic conferences Melbourne a great showcase of the business and a fantastic business future planned.
Love the simplicity of process work. It's difficult, repetitive, but some of the staff and the wage makes up for the sore muscles! Takes a little while to get used to it, very little actual training but worthwhile to stick to it.
Working at McCain's was very stressful due to a culture of bullying and intimidation. The workers who have been there since the 70s continually yelled and bullied the new starters when we fell behind so after a couple of months I left never to go back.
Having merchandisers to supervise you were never in the same place each day. The country trips were great to meeting people in the country was a great experiance
Pros
Free food on fridays
Cons
not much advancement in sysdney as head office is in Melbourne
Great environment to work.
Good people

Produced quality food

I enjoyed working as a team in my area as a sauce cook, on night shift. The other staff were easy to get along with, as was management
I loved this job, loved the work the people the money just loved it but unfortunately not enough hours and you can't survive on thin air. This job had the perfect balance of physical and non physical it was great.
a lot of different roles and experiences to achieve at mc cain foods ballarat. i ended up working my way up from a factory production worker to machine operator and then coldstore forklift driver which gave me the experience loading trucks and racks, far beyond my skill area. but am very thankful they gave me an opportunity to gain forklift experience.
Pros
great pay
Cons
long 12 hour shift, strong union ranked
working at Mccain has tought me how to work with speed and stay cool under pressure, tought me several skills about cooking, packing and working through a production line. Working at Mccain is long hours which i don't mind but continuous and can get boring
Pros
good pay
Cons
Guaranteed shifts
Mccains QA specification job was great, I didn't mind working in the factory but I did enjoy the office work more.
In the office I was to route specs to the finance teams and management to have them signed off on to implement new products or changes to products on the floor. I updated customer specs, as well as data entry. I enjoyed that I was so busy, my co workers were all easy to work with the hardest part of the job was leaving for child commitments.
Pros
Busy and enjoyable environment
Cons
Leaving
In 1994 I started as a casual employee and was only going to stay for 12 months until I found another job. That 12 months turned into 21 years. The company pays really well, but some conditions have been compromised over the years. I was lucky enough to achieve full time work after only less than 2 years. I have been given loads of training in various jobs during my time there.
I have made many good friends from working there and I am still friends with them today.

One of the pitfalls of the job was the constant turnover of management at all levels. It was hard to get some continuity in dealing with some issues because of this.

Overall, this multi-national company has instilled itself in the Ballarat community and will hopefully be here for many years to come.
Pros
Well paid, stability, known brand
Cons
Huge turnover of management, no continuity or flexibility