McCain Foods

McCain Foods Management reviews

Bad culture
Line operater (Former Employee) –  Lisarow NSW25 November 2019
Working at McCain's was very stressful due to a culture of bullying and intimidation. The workers who have been there since the 70s continually yelled and bullied the new starters when we fell behind so after a couple of months I left never to go back.
Specialized Sauce Cook (Former Employee) –  Wendouree19 November 2017
Great environment to work.
Good people
Produced quality food
I enjoyed working as a team in my area as a sauce cook, on night shift. The other staff were easy to get along with, as was management
A mixed bag of pros and cons
Quality controller/Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Mitchell Park VIC11 December 2015
In 1994 I started as a casual employee and was only going to stay for 12 months until I found another job. That 12 months turned into 21 years. The company pays really well, but some conditions have been compromised over the years. I was lucky enough to achieve full time work after only less than 2 years. I have been given loads of training in various jobs during my time there.
I have made many good friends from working there and I am still friends with them today.
One of the pitfalls of the job was the constant turnover of management at all levels. It was hard to get some continuity in dealing with some issues because of this.
Overall, this multi-national company has instilled itself in the Ballarat community and will hopefully be here for many years to come.
Pros
Well paid, stability, known brand
Cons
Huge turnover of management, no continuity or flexibility